• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version 31.2 Now Available

Started by Tarkus, June 03, 2013, 08:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

le_harv

Great job on all the version 31 iterations, seems much more cohesive and has a quality feel to it!

Not really an issue but I couldn't find the documentation on how to drag smooth rail curves which would be super handy. I remember seeing a post on sc4d but haven't been able to track it down?

Edit - I found it, my bad!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10864.0

ivo_su

Thank you NAM for this great update, but I do not worry about the little trick with the placement of the railway track on the + intersection of the road. NAM at 31.1 this worked for me and it was great, but now with 31.2 I have this function. Can you tell me if the problem is with me in the way of installation or you have removed that option from the system of NAM.

samerton

Quote from: ivo_su on June 06, 2013, 12:14:12 PM
Thank you NAM for this great update, but I do not worry about the little trick with the placement of the railway track on the + intersection of the road. NAM at 31.1 this worked for me and it was great, but now with 31.2 I have this function. Can you tell me if the problem is with me in the way of installation or you have removed that option from the system of NAM.

You must use one way road instead of rail ;)

Patricius Maximus

I'd also like to say that I discovered last night that RHW-8S and 10S smooth curves were also included  $%Grinno$%. It was rather silly of me to just now notice it, but these smooth curves will be useful as well. As has been the case with all curves post-NAM 31, the geometry is nothing less than perfect.

Kalk

After patching my game to version 1.1.638.0 successfully, I was still unabled to install NAM as the installer continued to detect that my game was unpatched. After 2 hours of trying, it turns out that I need SC4Update4BAT also. After appyling SC4Update4BAT, NAM installed fine. Just saying in case anyone meets the same problem as mine.

z

Quote from: Kalk on June 10, 2013, 01:26:37 PM
After patching my game to version 1.1.638.0 successfully, I was still unabled to install NAM as the installer continued to detect that my game was unpatched. After 2 hours of trying, it turns out that I need SC4Update4BAT also. After appyling SC4Update4BAT, NAM installed fine. Just saying in case anyone meets the same problem as mine.

That's very strange - the SC4Update4BAT is completely optional, and testing has shown that the NAM installer works fine without it.  Is your version of the game on a CD or a download, and if a download, from where?

MOREOPTIONS

Good day everyone.  I am not sure where to post this.  But for many times I have tryed to download the NAM 31.2 and it times out.  Now after many attempt it's saying.

You have entered invalid data !
The following seems incorrect ...
Download Quota for this lot has been exceeded ...
The System Quality Controller ... (picture above) ... is having problems with the data you entered..

Click the BACK button in your BROWSER and try again.

Your IP Address = 180.75.170.208

I have tried other PC's to get the same message.  I am able to download other larg files from many networks.  so this has me puzzled.  PLEASE HELP...   Thank you

k808j

@moreoptions-log out of Filexchange, clear browser history and cache then try again. If this does not work your ISP may have slapped a restriction on you.

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

Kalk

My version is Deluxe Edition CD. I'm not sure why I encountered that problem, but I'm so happy that it works now. I return to the game after years and a little overwhelmed with all the options that NAM offered, but It's truly awesome!

z

Quote from: MOREOPTIONS on June 10, 2013, 06:12:13 PM

The LEX has a daily limit on how many times a given file may be downloaded; I believe it's five times.  Once you hit that, you have to wait until the next day.

MOREOPTIONS

Checked ISP,  also trying other PC.  same problem.   I think perhaps it's limet has been reached from the LEX end.  not sure.  system cach is clear in both my PC's. s I also attempted using other OS. also try using the LEX downloader.  it's saying Quotas exceeded.  I am able to download other files from the LEX.  it's only hung up on the NAM file...  Thank you for the advice everyone
Quote from: z on June 10, 2013, 08:19:05 PM
Quote from: MOREOPTIONS on June 10, 2013, 06:12:13 PM

The LEX has a daily limit on how many times a given file may be downloaded; I believe it's five times.  Once you hit that, you have to wait until the next day.

Durfsurn

Sorry to be a downer on the new NAM but I was surprised to see the tool to make auto road TuLEPs changed from Rail to OWR. I liked being able to hotkey to Rail using "R" to make TuLEPs. Is there a reason for the change? Also can I change it in my NAM?

MandelSoft

There is a reason for the change. We noticed that when using the rail tool for this, the stoplights break. That's why we switched to OWR, because that network does work actually.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Durfsurn

Ah and a worthy reason it is!

Thanks then... I wish we could make new hotkeys...

vinlabsc3k

Awesome work NAM Team for the release of 31.2. :thumbsup:

There's missing description on the Diag RHW-6s Type C1 ramp and rainbow tile on both diagonal ramps in 4 directions on 8.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

jdenm8

Quote from: Durfsurn on June 11, 2013, 10:43:43 PM
Ah and a worthy reason it is!

Thanks then... I wish we could make new hotkeys...

Oh, we most definitely can. The problem is that either Maxis never made a key listener for OWR or we haven't found it. Considering there's about 4,294,967,095 pointer possibilities, we're not actively searching for it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

tb7

I found a very little mistake on NAM 31.1 and didn't read, that this is solved in NAM 31.2. I searched for a topic but didn't found one, where i can post this. So I make it here.   ::)

In the "z3_Moonlight_SAM10 - Japanese Streets Euro_RHD"-file are 2 FISHfiles with the instance 0x5E585A34. 1 of them (the one with the little pic) should be 0x5E585A31.

I'm sorry, if someone else allready reported this.

btw. thanks for the big work u all are doing!  :)

Wiimeiser

Quote from: jdenm8 on June 16, 2013, 06:49:06 AM
Oh, we most definitely can. The problem is that either Maxis never made a key listener for OWR or we haven't found it. Considering there's about 4,294,967,095 pointer possibilities, we're not actively searching for it.
At 1 per minute that would be about 20 years?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

j-dub

@tb7

Good find, that type of oversight is nothing short of major. I'm just not the most fluent with solving problems with hexadecimals such as that. As it has gotten bigger since the last decade, you know it gets harder for both the system and the users to catch them.

Kergelen

Thanks NAM Team for this new version. I had CTD problems with 31 and 31.1 and now the game run fantastically.
And the stability is amazing, a great improvement &apls

Links to SC4 websites