• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version 30 Is Here!

Started by Tarkus, September 15, 2011, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdude1

this is excellent!!!  ive been waiting to connect my diagonal networks up.  thanks sooo much....again!   &apls

Glazert

The Diagonal Bridges Mod is definitely an example of an enhancement mod, not a "cheat" mod. It will avoid having to contort networks in order to draw orthogonal bridges where an orgthogonal crossing looks unrealistic.

Jaris

Could this awesome mod be used to build bridges side-by-side without leaving that annoying one tile gap?
Can we expect orthogonal startes sometime in the future for this purpose?

MandelSoft

^^ Well, there are ideas (some more or less executed) about making puzzle-piece based bridges for the NWM and RHW...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Jaris

Sounds great :) Would it theroethically be possible to make even sloping bridges this way?
If I understood correctly a part of the mod sets the sloping to 0, but would it still work if it wasn't?

Flatron

That's all very nice,especially ERHW2, but when will new euro-textures be released?

[Delta ²k5]

I... got... a.... heart attack...! :o

Also I can't call a medic as I am speachless...

so... I've to die

And the NAM team is the cause of this misery ::)

io_bg

Awesome! Something that even Maxis said was impossible now has been done by the NAM team. Thank you so much! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

RickD

OMG! Diagonal Bridges! But ... but ... this is impossible!  :o *faints*
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

MandelSoft

Quote from: Jaris on September 23, 2011, 04:45:53 AM
Sounds great :) Would it theroethically be possible to make even sloping bridges this way?
If I understood correctly a part of the mod sets the sloping to 0, but would it still work if it wasn't?
No, the models will act freaky and become broken, literally!

Quote from: Flatron on September 23, 2011, 05:24:42 AM
That's all very nice,especially ERHW2, but when will new euro-textures be released?
When they are done, obviously ;)

I have to re-build mine from scratch. Currently I have about 180 textures ready, but considering that there are over 3000 textures in the RHW Mod, this will take a while before they are completed...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 23, 2011, 07:07:08 AM
No, the models will act freaky and become broken, literally!

Like this:

And that is on a very small slope. It is theoretically possible for these to slope if they had been implemented differently, but given the relatively limited utility and extreme difficulty in placing I don't suspect that will ever happen.

Orthagonal puzzle piece or override bridges are very exciting though!

Flatron

Tobi1990

Hey ,
I have a big problem with my terrain high.
Here are two pics: http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1838/unbenanntqhz.png

the first is normal and the second is after installing the new Nam downloads.
I have installed the new NAM Version 30, RHW 5.0, Network Widening Mod Version 2.0 and then it happens.
Now I have delete the mods, but nothing happens.
With Terraformer I can see, that the terrain is not higher than before, but we can see that it is higher.
Can somebody solve the problem?

Tarkus

Quote from: Tobi1990 on September 23, 2011, 09:55:02 AM
Hey ,

the first is normal and the second is after installing the new Nam downloads.
I have installed the new NAM Version 30, RHW 5.0, Network Widening Mod Version 2.0 and then it happens.
Now I have delete the mods, but nothing happens.
With Terraformer I can see, that the terrain is not higher than before, but we can see that it is higher.
Can somebody solve the problem?

Did you happen to install the new Diagonal Bridge Enabler as well?  As mentioned in the file description, my above post and the readme, the files in there are temporary files which should only be used when you are building diagonal bridges.  One of the effects of those temporary files is that it dramatically changes the appearance of your terrain and drains any waterways (just as shown in your image), so obviously, they're not something you want to keep around when you're not building diagonal bridges.

Look for a folder in your Plugins called "~Diagonal Bridge Enabler (Temporary Files)", remove it and your terrain should be back to normal.

-Alex

Rayden

Quote from: Tobi1990 on September 23, 2011, 09:55:02 AM
Hey ,

It's not your terrain that is higher than before, it's exactly the same height. The problem, as Tarkus said, it's the Diagonal Bridge Mod that sets the sea/water level to a very low number, perhaps zero, I haven't seen the mod yet.

Tilarium

YaY.... New NAM... New DBE from Tarkus... Yay!  Looks like it's time to reinstall and rock out my sim city 4.

Tobi, what region is that in your pic?  I've been looking for a new region to play, I've been using the same one for years.....

Kitsune

wow amazing... are medium and long span bridges possible?
~ NAM Team Member

kassarc16

Seriously, the NAM Team is freaking amazing! It still confounds me how an 8 year old game (RH) can still be going strong with not only additional content, but NEW content, even when the developers aren't involved anymore.

carlfatal

This NAM day takes more than one week and it´s better from day to day!
Thanks to the complete team and especially to Arkenberge Joe, who began with these diagonal bridges.
It seems i have to begin my region again, but it´s worth it!

UNSF

Hi I am new to the forum and would like to ask some questions about the new NAM:

1. I want to uninstall the old NAM, but I have forgotten which files belong to NAM Core and which ones belong to plugins.
Many of my cities make heavy use of HSRP and some RAM curvy rail pieces. Does the NAM uninstaller delete only NAM core files or the whole NAM folder (including plugins)? (*I could not get Cleanitol to work properly on my PC)

2. Diagonal bridge, NWM, RHM are not include in NAM30 and must be downloaded separately right?

Thanks in advance for replies :)
and
More thanks to the NAM Team ! I love you guys!