• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version 30 Is Here!

Started by Tarkus, September 15, 2011, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

1. You can safely install the newer versions of the NAM, RHW and NWM over the old ones as long as you didn't change the default installation directory.

2. All except the Diagonal Bridges aren't included. The resource files for the Diagonal Bridges ARE included in NAM30, it's the files that allow you to build using them (Diagonal Bridge Enabler) that aren't (for various reasons).

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Starmanw402007

I can't find NAM V30, Been looking but cant not find.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

jdenm8

NAM 30 is available on the LEX and ModDB, but not on the STEX due to size difficulties.

Tarkus

Technically, there's STEX pages for it, but we took the SimMars tack toward it--if you try to download it from there, you'll get an HTML file with links to other download mirrors.  Cut down on all the "why isn't the NAM on Simtropolis?" questions.

Additionally, our standard practice is just to update the existing files rather than making new uploads (to keep the download links the same), meaning that they generally won't show up in the "Latest Files" stacks on the exchanges.  At least with the LEX, if you click "Most Popular", it'll take you right to the NAM for Windows, however.

-Alex

Dino007

If may I ask: weren't smooth curves for OWR planned for this release?
TIGR

Tarkus

Quote from: Dino007 on September 30, 2011, 10:27:37 AM
If may I ask: weren't smooth curves for OWR planned for this release?

They were discussed for NAM 30, but I don't believe they were ever officially made part of the final feature list.

-Alex

mhsbroncos2005

I can't seem to find anything related to this part in the NWM that was part of the release:

- Numerous new T-intersections, including dual-tile networks ending at single-tile networks.

If anyone can help me on this part, that would be great. (Also does that include turn lanes as well?)

Also what about traffic signals at the on/off ramps intersections with the RHW? I swore I had seen some photos with that happening in a Mayor Diary, but not sure if that was me or that is something that is in development.

Thanks for the great work to provide even more realism to SimCity 4!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: mhsbroncos2005 on October 03, 2011, 12:37:12 PM
I can't seem to find anything related to this part in the NWM that was part of the release:

- Numerous new T-intersections, including dual-tile networks ending at single-tile networks.

That's because you have to drag them out.

QuoteAlso what about traffic signals at the on/off ramps intersections with the RHW?

Traffic signals? The only RHW-related pieces that have traffic signals are the SPUI and the DDI. You'll find pictures of the two pieces (along with how-to's on using them) in the RHW readme. "$Deal"$

The only other pieces that had traffic signals were Vince's (Blue Lightning) draggable MIS TuLEPs, but those were excluded from the RHW since there wasn't any LHD support for it.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

mhsbroncos2005

Thank you for your kind response on this and I will definitely go into the read-me to learn more more. The FlexSPUI I actually got down pretty easily and its nice that its easy to build the SPUI's without any problem now.

However, do you think Vince (Blue Lightning) would release the draggable MIS TuLEP's as a separate plugin or would that not be allowed under the NAM Team policies you all have in place? I mainly come here to read what has been posted since I don't post much at all so please pardon me on some of the questions I might post.

I really do enjoy the work you all put out and I am excited to see what you all will put out next (esp the Advance TuLEP's). Keep it up NAM Team! Thanks!

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 03, 2011, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: mhsbroncos2005 on October 03, 2011, 12:37:12 PM

That's because you have to drag them out.

QuoteAlso what about traffic signals at the on/off ramps intersections with the RHW?

Traffic signals? The only RHW-related pieces that have traffic signals are the SPUI and the DDI. You'll find pictures of the two pieces (along with how-to's on using them) in the RHW readme. "$Deal"$

The only other pieces that had traffic signals were Vince's (Blue Lightning) draggable MIS TuLEPs, but those were excluded from the RHW since there wasn't any LHD support for it.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: mhsbroncos2005 on October 04, 2011, 09:22:53 AM
However, do you think Vince (Blue Lightning) would release the draggable MIS TuLEP's as a separate plugin or would that not be allowed under the NAM Team policies you all have in place?

Right now, that can't be done without creating a different NAM controller, and us NAMites don't like having two different controllers floating around, because it makes troubleshooting problems much harder. If you tried to drag them out right now (and there was a how-to on the RHW thread several pages back), the override won't activate and all you'll have is a mess of Road and RHW-2.
<INACTIVE>
-----

jdenm8

As GDO said, I think the major difference between development controllers and the public one, r132, is that the MIS TuLEPs code was completely removed.

We will not be making Development controllers public.

ozdaniel

how do i cancel the slop mod in the NAM Version 30?

when i try to go on whit my road by the nam it said to me thet the area is non stable for Construction, how do i fix this? &mmm

Tarkus

Quote from: ozdaniel on October 05, 2011, 11:15:12 AM
how do i cancel the slop mod in the NAM Version 30?

when i try to go on whit my road by the nam it said to me thet the area is non stable for Construction, how do i fix this? &mmm

There is no slope mod in NAM Version 30.  However, if you have the NAM Diagonal Bridge Enabler's temporary files (a separate plugin) currently in your Plugins, they do make substantial alterations to slope placement (in addition to draining any in-game water).  Remove those and only include them in your Plugins when you are building Diagonal Bridges.

-Alex

mike3775

Been playing around with the game again, and this NAM is awesome.  I love the wider networks(especially the 5 lane one ways) and love that the draggable tram's work with them. 

One quick question though, are there plans to create elevated rail bridges for the NWM?  or would that create to many issues?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: mike3775 on October 05, 2011, 04:42:43 PM
One quick question though, are there plans to create elevated rail bridges for the NWM?  or would that create to many issues?

What do you mean by that? ()what() There's already the default ELR bridge, and its NAM-exclusive double-height version. Did you mean an ELR/NWM crossing, because the most basic ones have already been RUL'd in. Or did you mean some sort of NWM Dual-Networking?

Can you be more specific?

Wait, are you talking about the Viaduct Rail pieces (Called Elevated Dual-Track Rail, or EL-DTR)? Because those are completely different from El-Rail/GLR. Making EL-DTR/NWM overpass pieces wouldn't be too hard. It's probably a case of copying some models, changing some paths, and finding the proper IDs for them. But there's some other developments going on with the EL-DTR that would probably render those pieces obsolete*... ::) ::) ::)

* - Or at least making such pieces unnecessary.
<INACTIVE>
-----

mike3775

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 05, 2011, 05:14:58 PM
Quote from: mike3775 on October 05, 2011, 04:42:43 PM

What do you mean by that? ()what() There's already the default ELR bridge, and its NAM-exclusive double-height version. Did you mean an ELR/NWM crossing, because the most basic ones have already been RUL'd in. Or did you mean some sort of NWM Dual-Networking?

Can you be more specific?

Wait, are you talking about the Viaduct Rail pieces (Called Elevated Dual-Track Rail, or EL-DTR)? Because those are completely different from El-Rail/GLR. Making such pieces wouldn't be too hard. It's probably a case of copying some models, changing some paths, and finding the proper IDs for them. But there's some other developments going on with the EL-DTR that would probably render those pieces obsolete... ::) ::) ::)

I don't know what its called, but someone made it possible for regular rail to be elevated and to use it, you have plop one piece at a time.  Here is a picture of what I am talking about

Tarkus

Heavy Rail Viaducts.  They are to be made draggable at some point, as per the RAM plans.

-Alex

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: mike3775 on October 05, 2011, 05:32:11 PM
I don't know what its called, but someone made it possible for regular rail to be elevated and to use it, you have plop one piece at a time.

That's exactly what I'm referring to, though most people refer to it as Viaduct Rail, Elevated Heavy Rail, EL-DTR by a few, and often incorrectly, Elevated Rail.
<INACTIVE>
-----

mike3775

Quote from: Tarkus on October 05, 2011, 05:47:37 PM
Heavy Rail Viaducts.  They are to be made draggable at some point, as per the RAM plans.

-Alex

That will be sweet when it happens. 

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 05, 2011, 05:51:28 PM
Quote from: mike3775 on October 05, 2011, 05:32:11 PM
I don't know what its called, but someone made it possible for regular rail to be elevated and to use it, you have plop one piece at a time.

That's exactly what I'm referring to, though most people refer to it as Viaduct Rail, Elevated Heavy Rail, EL-DTR by a few, and often incorrectly, Elevated Rail.

I couldn't remember the name as I downloaded them like 2 years ago and recently got back into playing the game, so all my plugins are from 2 years ago for the most part(except for the new NAM).  I've been slowly looking through the forums here to see what is new or upgraded since that time.

jdenm8

Actually, there are screenshots of what's called ElDTR and ElSTR (A draggable variant of the existing Elevated Heavy Rail pieces as well as a brand new Single-Track variant) in the RAM board.