• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 33 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, July 29, 2015, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abrams124

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on August 04, 2015, 06:01:44 AM
Autoconnect utterly destroys the usability of Flexcurves for everything except RHW-2. Ironically, only Flexcurves are affected.

Situations like this are physically impossible with the new pieces.

Yeah, if you can fix this, you'll be serving hard time.

Already been fixed when we fixed the A2 FlexRamps. No longer an issue.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

GDO29Anagram

Video 9 has now been published. This shows how Cosmetic Pieces interact with Dedicated DRIs in general. Spoiler alert: starters aren't needed for some of these.

http://www.youtube.com/v/r3luVXqJfoA
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

There isn't a way to fix that, unfortunately.  It's not possible to stack a FLEXFly over another FLEXFly.

-Alex

titanicbuff

I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----

Simcoug

I haven't had a chance to dive into NAM 33 yet, I just wanted to give a shout out to Ganaram for producing some great reference videos... these will be immensely helpful going forward.   &apls

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Simcoug on August 04, 2015, 08:50:05 PM
I haven't had a chance to dive into NAM 33 yet, I just wanted to give a shout out to Ganaram for producing some great reference videos... these will be immensely helpful going forward.

I also have a playlist for the entire series as well. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp1o2hISGI7SD6DLbPg-XOmSN6zXdzpzV

Actually, you may find Zack's diagram on the last page to be just as useful as well; it sums up all of the current DRIs that currently exist; even more so, it contains ramp interfaces for ramp interfaces that I've yet to even show because I've yet to publish the relevant videos.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Simcoug

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on August 04, 2015, 09:07:31 PM
Quote from: Simcoug on August 04, 2015, 08:50:05 PM
I haven't had a chance to dive into NAM 33 yet, I just wanted to give a shout out to Ganaram for producing some great reference videos... these will be immensely helpful going forward.

I also have a playlist for the entire series as well. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp1o2hISGI7SD6DLbPg-XOmSN6zXdzpzV

Actually, you may find Zack's diagram on the last page to be just as useful as well; it sums up all of the current DRIs that currently exist; even more so, it contains ramp interfaces for ramp interfaces that I've yet to even show because I've yet to publish the relevant videos.

Awesome - thanks for the link (saved!)
No doubt that is a useful diagram, (and another save!)... I just have a soft spot for videos (used to work in TV, so I understand a bit out video production) and I know they can sometimes be a bit of work.   :thumbsup:

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: eggman121 on August 03, 2015, 06:31:37 PM
These may make it in. They are a hybrid between the DBE and the  Normal Bridges. As you know you can't put too bridges together but a Bridge and a DBE setup breaks this lock.

I'm very interested in how you made this hybrid setup work, and whether the T21s are part of the bridge or the DBE components. If it's the former, my dream of RHW-xC suspension bridges may finally be achievable without any of the modding hijinks mentioned in that thread; the bridge tile models could simply overhang across the whole width of the bridge. Is this something you'd be interested in working on, Stephen?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

eggman121

Hello Zack

First of all thank you for your kind words  :thumbsup:

Yes I would be interested in making such a bridge  ;)

The DBE Normal Bridge Hybrid basically works by using normal Bridges as the outside Tiles and the center is just your normal draggable flat terrain Network. As such You could get two RHW bridges and assuming that there is a starter for the RRW you could have a railway line between the two bridges.

So back to the chase, a Normal Bridge and a DBE Setup can coexist right next to each other. So I exploited this fact to have a compact Bridge by Modeling the sides.

Furthermore with this discovery It should be possible to make a suspension Bridge based on the info presented. You would have to make to distinct half's however but It would work out.

Alignment of the pylons is the reason behind this.

Thanks again

-Stephen

titanicbuff

oddly had someone say tonight that its ashame there were no C-bridges
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

fire

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: fire on August 05, 2015, 08:06:10 AM
pouvez vous faire des ponts levis

EN: Functional drawbridges aren't possible.

FR: Ponts-levis fonctionnels ne sont pas possibles.

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on August 04, 2015, 10:11:02 PM
I'm very interested in how you made this hybrid setup work, and whether the T21s are part of the bridge or the DBE components. If it's the former, my dream of RHW-xC suspension bridges may finally be achievable without any of the modding hijinks mentioned in that thread; the bridge tile models could simply overhang across the whole width of the bridge.
Quote from: eggman121 on August 04, 2015, 10:27:25 PM
The DBE Normal Bridge Hybrid basically works by using normal Bridges as the outside Tiles and the center is just your normal draggable flat terrain Network. As such You could get two RHW bridges and assuming that there is a starter for the RRW you could have a railway line between the two bridges.

So back to the chase, a Normal Bridge and a DBE Setup can coexist right next to each other. So I exploited this fact to have a compact Bridge by Modeling the sides.

Furthermore with this discovery It should be possible to make a suspension Bridge based on the info presented. You would have to make to distinct half's however but It would work out.

This is why I sometimes think that the Diagonal Bridge Enabler should be called the Draggable Bridge Enabler. Why stop at suspension bridges? You could very well BAT a blank bridge with no pillars at all and have DBE pieces that have, say, cable-stayed towers attached to them via T21s. Granted, they'd be massive props, but they'd work the same way as Zack describes with a suspension bridge. There'd also be a set of pillar pieces for the middle section, but there would be several different pieces reserved so that you could have any design of pillar you want; this is more in line with making a beam bridge.

Northern California's done a weird thing in which they replaced an old truss bridge with a self-anchored monstrosity:

http://www.youtube.com/v/GDUIYZKlknk

Barring the fact that such a bridge would need to be curved, if such a bridge was made using the draggable bridge method, you could very well have a hybrid bridge and even a bridge that is 5 tiles wide: singular tower for the self-anchored suspension bridge, and then the rest of the way would be a simple beam bridge. This would be an RHW-10S bridge separated by a one-tile gap. Or you could, well, not have the gap.

Here's how it could work: each singular RHW-10S bridge is a half-and-half hybrid of a standard bridge (the inner section) and draggable bridge (the outer section; or the whole thing could be draggable). Puzzle piece props go on the outer section, including the bridge tower and the pillars for the rest of the bridge.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on August 05, 2015, 08:20:11 AM
This is why I sometimes think that the Diagonal Bridge Enabler should be called the Draggable Bridge Enabler.

Technically, all the standard bridges are draggable, but oddly enough, a few of the items in the DBE (the rail stuff ArkenbergeJoe did) are puzzle-based.  I was almost thinking we ought to change it to the "Advanced Bridge Enabler", which, amusingly enough, would create the acronym ABE.

-Alex

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Tarkus on August 05, 2015, 08:30:15 AM
Technically, all the standard bridges are draggable, but oddly enough, a few of the items in the DBE (the rail stuff ArkenbergeJoe did) are puzzle-based.  I was almost thinking we ought to change it to the "Advanced Bridge Enabler", which, amusingly enough, would create the acronym ABE.

I think "draggable" in the sense that you could very well drag a bridge in some wacky angle. And curved. And with height changes. And with an interchange in the middle of the water. The fact that you could only build orthogonal bridges using the standard bridge method doesn't sound very draggable to me, and it conserves the current DBE acronym.
<INACTIVE>
-----

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----