• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 33 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, July 29, 2015, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmyson

Quote from: mgb204 on August 22, 2015, 05:52:04 AM
All the base RRW crossings are made for LHD, I believe there was some implementation error caused when the RRW folder was moved to a new home, that should be resolved for the final release, until then you can drop the attached files into the z___NAM\y_RealRailway folder and they should work. One note, you may have to rename the existing EU (RHD) crossing texture file, shown here in red, in order to ensure with the two added files that the load order is as follows:

• aRRW Crossings LHD.dat
  • RRW Crossings EU Cosmetic.dat (this file should exist in the RRW folder already)
  • z_RRW Crossings EU Cosmetic LHD.dat
There does appear to be a problem with the auto turning lane textures, but I could never quite get a handle on them, I think some are incorrectly flipped or ID'd for EU/LHD users. If I remember correctly the $ and $$$ wealth textures are correctly orientated, the problem is only with the $$ wealth textures reverting to RHD).

I don't think the Road-OWR texture was ever converted for LHD use, but that's a simple fix I should be able to sort. I'll take a proper look at the ATLs problem today and see if we can get them fixed for release also.

Before I added the attachments to "y__RealRailway", I looked at the contents and found that "RRW Crossings EU Cosmetic.dat" was missing. I never tend to install the Euro cosmetics, just the Australian Road Markings.

I also took a final look at the crossing's before adding the files, and found that the diagonal crossing have not being address, T21 and textures.
Plus, if you look carefully next the diagonal crossing, the rail does not align as its right next to a Orgothanial -> Diagonal rail piece.

After applying the files, the orgothaial crossing were fixed, but not the diagonal.

EDIT: In regards to the turning lanes, I've comprised an album of the turning lanes in the zones. Only R$, C$, and non-Ag industry zones have an issue
https://imgur.com/a/5SNEO

Indiana Joe

The curves are just a limitation of the RRW.  The default curve radius was widened, so curves take up an extra tile.  You'd just have to move the road or the railway one more tile away.

mgb204

Diagonals are usually fun, many of the diagonal/ortho crossing textures look better with no stoplines or stoplines covering both lanes as otherwise when flipped/mirrored the stoplines will not match your driving side. This is a limitation of the game insomuch as the additional textures needed to flip them correctly simply don't exist. However, roads are one of the few exceptions, generally flipped variants do have a separate ID, I am pretty sure I got them right being a LHD user myself. My personal textures only ever use stoplines on one lane where they will always display correctly and that's what these were derived from, therefore all the RRW base crossings should work similarly. - I've just double checked, mine are indeed correct, so I'll look into it.

I'm guessing they were not included as part of the Aus textures, that was probably overlooked. That said the LHD files I attached only contain the LHD overrides, without the regular US and/or EU RHD files also installed, many crossings for generic networks like Street, Ave, OWR & SAM will be missing, you may wish to check if you have those too.

Diagonal T21s I'm pretty sure have never been supported for LHD, since those don't come from RRW, rather the regular rail T21s. That's something I may consider rectifying, but it won't happen for NAM 33 I suspect, since there would likely be quite a lot of them scattered around.

Thanks also for documenting the RTL's (Road Turning Lanes), I knew it was a wealth issue of some kind, only I've looked at the textures before and simply couldn't find the problem, I'll give it another go over the next few days.

Jimmyson

Quote from: mgb204 on August 22, 2015, 11:28:52 PM
Thanks also for documenting the RTL's (Road Turning Lanes), I knew it was a wealth issue of some kind, only I've looked at the textures before and simply couldn't find the problem, I'll give it another go over the next few days.

You're welcome.

You might also want to look the T-junctions too...

I'm still using the LHD configuration.

LReyomeXX

Are diagonal ramps really possible on the DRI, meaning the RHW goes diagonally, and you can draw ramps off of it. The puzzle piece diagonal ramps are marked "Depreciated." Is this a case of jumping the gun on declaration of depreciation?

Tarkus

No, it's not jumping the gun at all.  While there aren't DRI versions of them yet for NAM 33, there are diagonal FLEXRamps, which start as RHW-2 ramps and can be overridden to produce RHW-4 ramps.  The one 6C diagonal ramp we have hasn't been converted yet, so that one isn't "deprecated".  There's really just six ramps under the original static puzzle piece "Ramps" button (plus the volleyball pieces) that aren't yet deprecated, and we're hoping to relegate those to the same status with NAM 34.

-Alex

mgb204

Quote from: Jimmyson on August 24, 2015, 01:07:13 AM
...You might also want to look the T-junctions too...

After some digging I've realised where the problem comes from; there simply are no overrides for the 1-3 wealth textures for the LHD variants, hence they revert to RHD when you zone next to them. Because the 0 wealth textures exist, if the zoning changes to medium or high wealth (which uses the 0 wealth textures) they appear correctly again. Bizarrely 3 textures have a 1 wealth texture only, but no 2 & 3, in any case I've just ran them through and created the new wealth textures, so most of them now appear correctly. I say most, because I've found a few texture bugs that may require new textures to be made in the process.

:Update:

Got the texture issues cleared up sooner than I thought I would, I've attached the file here, it replaces the existing file "z1_MRTNRLN_EuroTextures_RTL_Road_LHD.dat" from "z___NAM\Road Textures\Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod\z_LeftHandDriveSupport". If you'd like to double check it for me I'd appreciate the help. Note there is a 7-zip archive inside the zip archive since otherwise the file would be too large to attach here.

Wiimeiser

Quote from: Jimmyson on August 24, 2015, 01:07:13 AM

I've had that transition problem before when two intersections are in close proximity. I wonder if it still happens...

Also, with the RHW-6C to RHW-4 & RHW-2 piece, I noticed the RHW-2 part is shorter than the RHW-4 parts. I wonder if the construction piece will go there? just a thought...

(It'd be nice to have Flex Volleyball pieces as well...)
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on August 24, 2015, 06:26:09 PM
Also, with the RHW-6C to RHW-4 & RHW-2 piece, I noticed the RHW-2 part is shorter than the RHW-4 parts. I wonder if the construction piece will go there? just a thought...

That all depends on the geometry of the overall pieces since I intend on having not only an RHW-6C Type D2 Dual Ramp, I'm also looking at Type E2 and DE2 Dual. And 8C A2/B2/AB2 Dual as well and 8C D3/E3/DE3 Dual. And 7C hybrid ramps.

(It'd be nice to have Flex Volleyball pieces as well...)

That all depends on what footprints could work, and whether JD is OK with me trashing his puzzle pieces. I've singlehandedly trashed, like, 90% of the non-FARHW puzzle-based ramps in existence.

Actually, they're puzzle-based because of how stop points work on RHW: they don't, and they need to hijack another network that does stop points.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

mgb204

I've had that transition problem before when two intersections are in close proximity. I wonder if it still happens...

My guess would be the problem in the screenshot is because the LHD textures don't use the same IDs as the RHD ones, now the correct wealth textures exist, that should be resolved. Where this problem exists with RTLs close to each other is because the leftmost RTL (as shown in the example) would not require turn lanes because it's only a T-Junction, this is more of a limitation than a bug, just make the junction a cross or move it one tile and it should then work fine.

Jimmyson

Quote from: mgb204 on August 24, 2015, 05:05:45 PM
Got the texture issues cleared up sooner than I thought I would, I've attached the file here, it replaces the existing file "z1_MRTNRLN_EuroTextures_RTL_Road_LHD.dat" from "z___NAM\Road Textures\Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod\z_LeftHandDriveSupport". If you'd like to double check it for me I'd appreciate the help. Note there is a 7-zip archive inside the zip archive since otherwise the file would be too large to attach here.

Applied the fix, can't see any changes...

memo

Quote from: mgb204 on August 24, 2015, 07:50:38 PM

[...]Where this problem exists with RTLs close to each other is because the leftmost RTL (as shown in the example) would not require turn lanes because it's only a T-Junction, this is more of a limitation than a bug, just make the junction a cross or move it one tile and it should then work fine.

The RTL plugin does account for such setups in both LHT and RHT. I've just looked through the RTL RUL2 code and it looks like the textures 0x5f01bb00 and 0x5f01bc00 need to be swapped around in the original left-hand version of the RTL file. Additionally, 0x5f01de00 might need to be replaced by a blended turn-lane transition. Euro textures might be another story.

tobsen

I have two short questions:

1) Will it be possible that there will be diagonal slope transitions and/or diagonal ramps for the rhw in the future? - I think they might be really useful.
2) Is it possible to build a raised curve (L1,L2,L3), like a flexyfly, that changes the level for exeample fron L1 to L0 or L2?

Cheers
Tobsen

mgb204

Quote from: Jimmyson on August 24, 2015, 09:18:24 PM
Applied the fix, can't see any changes...

Indeed... if I had attached the correct file you might have  ::)... correct file attached to this post, sorry.

mgb204

Quote from: memo on August 25, 2015, 12:52:40 AM
The RTL plugin does account for such setups in both LHT and RHT. I've just looked through the RTL RUL2 code and it looks like the textures 0x5f01bb00 and 0x5f01bc00 need to be swapped around in the original left-hand version of the RTL file. Additionally, 0x5f01de00 might need to be replaced by a blended turn-lane transition. Euro textures might be another story.

As you can see (top) the pictured intersection works fine for LHD now, but since the TGIs of the texture vary between LHD/RHD I think that's where the issue that was shown came from.

Are you saying the second intersection (bottom) should also work? There was a problem with both 0x5F01DE00 & 0x5F01FE00 for LHD Euro textures, but I've fixed those - whereas 0x5f01bb00 and 0x5f01bc00 are identical.

memo

Quote from: mgb204 on August 25, 2015, 02:16:07 AM
Are you saying the second intersection (bottom) should also work? There was a problem with both 0x5F01DE00 & 0x5F01FE00 for LHD Euro textures, but I've fixed those - whereas 0x5f01bb00 and 0x5f01bc00 are identical.

Yes. The RTLs use distinct IIDs for tiles that have turning lanes in both RHD/LHD, or only in RHD, or only in LHD. This makes it difficult to figure out if there's a texture in the LHD version that should or shouldn't have a turning lane on it, as the corresponding RHD texture doesn't necessarily look the same.

I haven't looked at the Euro textures, but in the original US (LHD) version 0x5f01bc00 is a double-sided transition (presumably, the incorrect texture in your picture), whereas 0x5f01bb00 is a regular transition (looks the same as 0x5f01fb00). I suspect 0x5f01bc00 needs to be the regular transition and 0x5f01bb00 the double transition. If these are the same in the Euro file, only one of them needs fixing for the Euro version, apparently.

mgb204

0x5f01bb00 and 0x5f01bc00 are actually both regular transitions already, I used the Numbering feature in GoFSH to track down the problem texture as 0x5d01bd00, which is now fixed. I've since found about 3 or 4 more texture problems, there are so many possibilities it seems that tracking them down is going to be a bit of a slog.

Whilst I was about things, I properly wealthed the LHD textures (with grass) too, although this is optional. Hopefully they are all correct now, I may get a chance to look at the other three sets US/EU RHD and US LHD, but they may have to wait for the next version of the NAM.

Jimmyson

I don't mean to bring up a 4-day old issue and be all nagging about it. (Probably should have tested the whole feature before reporting)

Returning to the rails...

What's happening with the Y-Split? I can't remember if it had paths before, but they are missing it, or is it scheduled to become a draggable piece?

Tarkus

That one was reported earlier in the thread.  As per the official write-up, mgb204 fixed it and the files have been committed to our repository for inclusion in the official release of NAM 33.

-Alex

Jimmyson

The FAR Transition paths for Project Symphony needs redirecting...