• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 33 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, July 29, 2015, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy_CT

Quote from: lifein2x3 on July 30, 2015, 03:21:28 PM
I seem to be having this problem with the basic draggable ramps.

I also have this problem, among others, which I'll get to shortly.  Based on the video following the quoted post, i thought removing the "Euro Textures" and selecting the "Retuxtured RHW (American Style)" might solve the problem, but alas, no.

Furthermore, when I try to create a new flex/draggable junction, the traffic flow gets all messed up. See the attached image.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the NAM33PR several times now, trying different options: LHD (as we do in South Africa); RHD; American textures, Euro textures, Irish/South African textures, including and excluding deprecated ramps/transitions.  Just not able to get the RHW to work as intended.

Please help.

Tarkus

This one's been known from the outset, and the only way it'll work as intended is with the default RHW texture set.  If you select any of the other "RHW Options" under the "Options for Euro Style Textures" or "Options for American Style Textures" texture options for the RHW, you'll get exactly this issue.  Those sets weren't updated to fit the new standards for the ramp interfaces, and with their developer (MandelSoft) being retired, and no one taking his place as of yet (as previously announced in the RHW development thread), the plan is to shelve those sets for the official NAM 33 release.  (They may be made available again if/when we can find someone able to continue MandelSoft's work.)

In the meanwhile, to ensure we will always have some sort of Euro textures on-hand for new features, I have actually gone through and developed a Euro set in the same style as the default US textures, using batch processing in Photoshop.  That set is, as of yesterday, essentially finished, and if anyone would like to give it an early spin, here is the link (NOW UPDATED as of 8/28/2015).  You'll need 7-Zip to open the file.  There's two folders in there--install just the "0_New EU Standard" folder if you're running an RHD game, and install both the "0_New EU Standard" and "z0_New EU Standard_LeftHandDrive_Support" folders if you're running LHD.  The best place to install them is in the z___NAM folder.

Edit on Aug 27: Also, remember to remove any MandelSoft RHW texture files from the "z___NAM\Road Textures" folder when installing the New EU Standard set.

Additionally, if you are running an RHD game and simply select the "LHD" option (or vice-versa), all you're going to end up with is an RHD game with a screwed up NAM installation--there's a reason why there's the "usually shouldn't be changed" note at the top of the installer list.  The NAM does not change drive side (and never has), and that's a whole separate process.

-Alex

Tommy_CT

Thank you &apls. I will download, install and test in a little while. 

So, just to be clear then (sorry if this is completely noob... it has been YEEEAARRRSS since playing):

What, if any, changes should be selected wit regard to the RHW in custom installation of NAM33PR. I do custom installation so the "Bullet Train" can be included and deprecated connectors/transitions/ramps be excluded.

OR

Shall I do a "Standard" install and then afterwards somehow install the bullet train?

Tarkus

You're most welcome. :thumbsup:

With the RHW installation, just make sure you haven't selected any of those "RHW Options" under the alternate texture sets.  Installing the normal Euro set that covers the rest of the NAM won't automatically check the RHW Euro stuff, so you should be safe there.

One thing to note really quick about the Bullet Train Mod--its creator unfortunately wasn't aware we were doing a massive overhaul with the RHW for the same release that the BTM ended up being added to the NAM (NAM 31.0), so the BTM will not cross over RHW networks properly.  It instead reverts to Monorail in those cases.  With the complexity of the BTM network models and props, and the enormous amount of work required to get the BTM to play nice with all of the RHW, it's unlikely that'll be done any time soon (both droric and myself gave it a shot, and gave up aghast at our collective futility).

-Alex

Tommy_CT

I have re-installed the NAM33PR again...

The flow is as it should be, the textures are close enough (i understand why, thanks), but this is something else:

When i create RH4-L0 and draw a type 1A offramp, it creates it ok. When I then go and add 1 Tile CP pieces to add a "Turning Lane", the 'Overplop' tile will not allow me to plop over the actual junction.

If i plop it next to the highway, the two tiles that makes up the overplop exit seems to break and reverse, with the 'approach' of the junction tile moved to the other side of the 'exit' of the junction tile.

oortthecloud

I've been having trouble with the hole digger/raiser lots. When I place them, they are invisible, and when I drag a road through them, the game gives me a "cannot place on reserved tile" message. I made sure the terrain was completely flat, and the proper height level, as well as reinstalling NAM; can somebody help?
Thanks.

Tommy_CT

Hi,

I have come across this peculiarity:  There is a flashing "box" on each tile of my 6 lane highway (L0RHW6). The colour(color) cycles from white to red.

The main highway is RH6S, that is then reduced to RH4 and that in turn is reduced to Avenue, to create the start of the highway.  Automata (cars) goes along the avenue, and the RH4, even the RH4-RH6S transition, but "falls off" the highway at the first RH6S tile.

PS: Is there a better way of 'starting' the highway.. something that will provide the higher capacity right from the start. RH6S does not interface with avenue, so some sort of connector would be involved I presume

Tarkus

Quote from: Tommy_CT on August 27, 2015, 03:17:00 AM
I have re-installed the NAM33PR again...

The flow is as it should be, the textures are close enough (i understand why, thanks), but this is something else:

When i create RH4-L0 and draw a type 1A offramp, it creates it ok. When I then go and add 1 Tile CP pieces to add a "Turning Lane", the 'Overplop' tile will not allow me to plop over the actual junction.

If i plop it next to the highway, the two tiles that makes up the overplop exit seems to break and reverse, with the 'approach' of the junction tile moved to the other side of the 'exit' of the junction tile.

The overplop system has always had some difficulties.  We've tried fixing it to no avail.  Also, it appears you still have the MandelSoft Euro textures installed alongside the new Euro textures . . . you'll get a more consistent look if you uninstall the former.

Quote from: oortthecloud on August 27, 2015, 04:39:00 AM
I've been having trouble with the hole digger/raiser lots. When I place them, they are invisible, and when I drag a road through them, the game gives me a "cannot place on reserved tile" message. I made sure the terrain was completely flat, and the proper height level, as well as reinstalling NAM; can somebody help?
Thanks.

There's ones in the NAM that will automatically raise/lower without having to drag a road through them, and will self-destruct after placement.  They're under the Roads menu, and the different heights and depths of raising/digging are selected by TABing through.

Quote from: Tommy_CT on August 27, 2015, 12:29:26 PM
I have come across this peculiarity:  There is a flashing "box" on each tile of my 6 lane highway (L0RHW6). The colour(color) cycles from white to red.

There's nothing peculiar about that--it's intentional.  The red paths basically trick the game into raising the capacity of the RHW-6S above the listed catalog capacity, raising it by 25% per tile.

Quote from: Tommy_CT on August 27, 2015, 12:29:26 PM
PS: Is there a better way of 'starting' the highway.. something that will provide the higher capacity right from the start. RH6S does not interface with avenue, so some sort of connector would be involved I presume

It actually sounds like you probably have the best solution worked out already.  The only other way you can plug an RHW-6S into a surface street is to use the RD-6 network out of the Network Widening Mod (NWM), which will drag directly into the end of the RHW-6S, and has a slightly higher capacity than Avenue.

-Alex

Tarkus

Getting back to a previous question:

Quote from: tobsen on August 25, 2015, 12:57:01 AM
I have two short questions:

1) Will it be possible that there will be diagonal slope transitions and/or diagonal ramps for the rhw in the future? - I think they might be really useful.
2) Is it possible to build a raised curve (L1,L2,L3), like a flexyfly, that changes the level for exeample fron L1 to L0 or L2?

Cheers
Tobsen

Both are already under consideration.  We don't know that any implementation of #2 will actually behave like a FLEXFly at this point, though, due to the complexity.  Neither are going into NAM 33--no idea when either will come to fruition at this point--though #1 is more likely to occur before #2 happens.

Edit: Also getting back to this issue:
Quote from: Jimmyson on August 26, 2015, 06:50:52 AM
The FAR Transition paths for Project Symphony needs redirecting...

I've attempted in both RHD and LHD to replicate this particular issue to no avail.  This is what I see with a clean NAM 33 Pre-Release install in LHD mode with that particular piece:

-Alex

roadgeek

I have run into these two issues, and I understand if it is not currently implemented, but I wanted to bring it to your attention, in the event that is is simply an oversight.

Ortho RHW 6S L3 x Diag RHW4

Diag MIS L4 x Ortho RHW 6S

Tarkus

L3/L4 crossings over other RHWs involving diagonals have been known to be finicky for awhile--that's the main reason we didn't include L3 and L4 FLEXFly this time around.  Those probably won't be fixed until the MetaRUL system is applied to the base RHW networks, which won't be in time for the official NAM 33 release.

The big holdups on the official NAM 33 release right now are ensuring that the new-spec Euro textures are solid, and a bunch of installer script modifications.

-Alex

Nosimx

Hi,

first of all: thank you for the great improvements coming with NAM 33. I found two issues in the Pre-Release:

- I can drag a B1 ramp on L1, but when I try to convert it to a B2, everything crashed down to L0.

- If I place the L2-L0 180 deg transition "Filler Piece" near a L2 A1 or D1 ramp, the ramp reverts to RHW 2.

Can I mix the Symphony cloverleaf curve with RHW ramps?

Nosimx

Tarkus

Glad you're enjoying the pre-release! :thumbsup:

Quote from: Nosimx on August 31, 2015, 12:03:41 AM
- I can drag a B1 ramp on L1, but when I try to convert it to a B2, everything crashed down to L0.

There are no L1 (or higher) B2 interfaces.  We haven't made the models yet, and I don't know when they'll be added.

- If I place the L2-L0 180 deg transition "Filler Piece" near a L2 A1 or D1 ramp, the ramp reverts to RHW 2.

There isn't an L2-L0 180 degree transition.  There is an anomalous piece at the end of the Fillers ring, but it's not supposed to be there, and isn't intended for use with L2 networks.

Can I mix the Symphony cloverleaf curve with RHW ramps?

Yes, absolutely.

-Alex

Tommy_CT

Morning Guys,

i have removed and reinstalled NAM33-PR as a standard installation, hoping that it will use the default textures and settings, but there still seem to be a texture problem when I try to make junctions or on/off ramps on RHW:

There seem to be and alternative texture applied, and I am not sure what it is. i dont think I have *any* other texture mods installed?!?

Eventhough I would like to use Euro textures, as those are more familiar, I would like the network to look right, irrespective of the texture applied.  The automata, afterall, cannot tell or dont mind on which side of the road the yellow line is painted.

Pioneer

I have a problem with the R3 curve. It doesn't fully orient.

Tarkus

Quote from: Tommy_CT on August 31, 2015, 01:09:46 AM
i have removed and reinstalled NAM33-PR as a standard installation, hoping that it will use the default textures and settings, but there still seem to be a texture problem when I try to make junctions or on/off ramps on RHW:

Check the Plugins\z___NAM\Road Textures folder to see if there's any holdouts in there.  It's odd that that one particular little bit is still remaining.

Quote from: Pioneer on August 31, 2015, 06:31:48 AM
I have a problem with the R3 curve. It doesn't fully orient.

Already known and has been fixed for the official release.

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on August 06, 2015, 02:08:10 PM
Rampage V.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Pw9aux7Qye0

At 3:04 it shows a funky glitch for the RHW 6S E1 Inside. I noticed the same thing in the pre-release myself.

Dan

Tarkus

Those glitches were officially reported, and fortunately, all of them have been fixed for the official release.

-Alex

Tarkus

There's been some reports that the pre-release doesn't have the option to install the DDRHW-4 Basic Bridge.  That has definitely been fixed in the current installer script for the working release, but in the meanwhile, if you're missing it, you can pick it up here.  Install it to the Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Additional Bridges\Real Highway Bridges folder.

-Alex

Rellis92

Hi guys,

Its late here so I haven't had time to take a proper look through the entire thread so I don't know if this has been reported yet. I came across a missing texture on the RHW4 A1 junction the texture seems to be reverting from the Irish/South African texture (which I have installed) back to the default American textures. It works fine on the B1 junction as you can see. I haven't experimented with any other setups at this time.

Rich