• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 33 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, July 29, 2015, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

First off, Rich, welcome to the SC4D forums!

This one has been known since the pre-release became available.  There were some spec changes with overhangs and the like done as part of the ramp improvements in NAM 33, along with a bunch of new additions to that part of the mod, but the developer of all the alternate RHW texture sets (MandelSoft) retired after NAM 32.  He tried to find someone to continue his work, but had no success, and as a result, none of those sets fit the new standards.

There will be a new Euro set based off the width specs of the default US textures, which will be available in the official release of NAM 33.  All of the MandelSoft RHW sets will be discontinued until/unless we can get someone to update them (his non-RHW textures will remain).  I am looking into the possibility of also producing a new Irish/South African set fitting the default specs, but it's a little trickier to pull off than the US-to-EU conversion (which I was able to do largely with Photoshop Action scripts to turn all the yellow stripes to white), so it'll take longer, unfortunately.

-Alex

Tommy_CT

Hi Tarkus and Team NAM

I am not sure how to make the intersection in the image below work.

It is L0-RHW6C and L1-RHW4, using flex height and flex quick changes.

I cant find a 7.5m intersection filler for the MIS.

Also dragging the MIS sections across first then the RHW4 to intersect causes the intersection in 1 lane of the L1-RHW4 to drop to the ground level and the part in the other lane to dissappear.

Going the other way: first dragging the L1-RHW4 fully across, then trying to intersect with the MIS causes the 2 MIS tiles that would have made the intersection to appear on the ground level next to the L0-RHW6C.

Further, it may take a while, but I could possibly try my hand at the texture replacement issues...

APSMS

Convert the RHW-4 into an avenue before the overpass. Then drag through with the MIS.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

To further add to what APSMS said above, the only elevated RHW networks that support at-grade (same level) intersections are the RHW-2, RHW-3, and MIS, and their support is limited.  The RHW-4 cannot intersect at-grade with the MIS at any height level, even at ground level and the same is true with any wider RHW network.  The L0 RHW-4 x RHW-2 intersection is the only permissible at-grade intersection involving the RHW-4 and another RHW.  MIS ramps are also prevented from intersecting other MIS ramps at-grade, and I also believe there is no support for the RHW-3 x MIS intersections, either (though those stand a chance of being made later).

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

dyoungyn

NAM Team,

Something of a new topic IRT NAM 33 Pre-Release and that is a downloadable/printable guide with all the different draggable ramps and their capabilities i.e. levels.

This is more a wish list as I just cannot keep up and figure out/remember the different ramps. 

dyoungyn

Indiana Joe

Quote from: dyoungyn on September 09, 2015, 04:20:07 PM
NAM Team,

Something of a new topic IRT NAM 33 Pre-Release and that is a downloadable/printable guide with all the different draggable ramps and their capabilities i.e. levels.

This is more a wish list as I just cannot keep up and figure out/remember the different ramps. 

dyoungyn

It was made by woodb3kmaster and posted back on page 3:

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on August 04, 2015, 01:17:17 AM

(Click for full resolution.)

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 09, 2015, 02:43:27 PM
Do you mean MISxMIS and MISxRHW-3 or just the latter?

Just the latter.  Aside from the volleyball pieces, there are no plans for MISxMIS.  MISxRHW-3 will probably happen once the RHW-3 undergoes upgrades in the near future.

-Alex

dyoungyn

Tarkus/woodb3kmaster,

Thank you so much and just what I was looking for.   Now I just have to learn all the different ramp type names to get the one I am looking for. 

dyoungyn

Wiimeiser

Quote from: Tarkus on September 09, 2015, 06:11:30 PM
Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 09, 2015, 02:43:27 PM
Do you mean MISxMIS and MISxRHW-3 or just the latter?

Just the latter.  Aside from the volleyball pieces, there are no plans for MISxMIS.  MISxRHW-3 will probably happen once the RHW-3 undergoes upgrades in the near future.

-Alex
So does this mean there'll be MIS versions of the volleyball pieces or are you just referring to the existing ones?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

LReyomeXX

Sorry to find out that all my posts on the github were a waste of time, so I deleted my account for this one reason

Except for Titanicbuff

This is not the place for personal attacks. -Tarkus (Admin)

prodenborn

I cannot seem to get the multi radius curve, version R3, to rotate into certain orientations. The orientations shown below are the only ones that are available to me.

Apologies if this should be posted somewhere else or if this has already been addressed.

Tarkus

Yes, that one was reported awhile ago, and fortunately, it's been fixed on our end in preparation for the finalized NAM 33 release.

-Alex

compdude787

Hey look another bug:

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet, but when you drag a diagonal L2 RHW-4 across a series of L1 RHWs, the dashed lane markings are missing, something that could cause a bit of confusion among sims all around the SimWorld. $%Grinno$% Luckily the paths are all there.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

titanicbuff

I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

Tarkus

Likely a UV mapping issue.  Being strictly cosmetic, I wouldn't say it's a high priority, though I will take a look at it.

-Alex

Sabretooth78

Cross-posting this one from over at Simtropolis:

I'm wondering if anybody else has encountered this odd STR issue:

I can't seem to get a properly textured STR-Road intersection to work with the road in an east-west alignment and the STR running northeast to southwest.  When I place a starter next to the road, I can get the texturing to appear correctly, but one of the rail tiles adjacent to the road loses its pathing.  If I click on the rail tile 1 removed from the intersection (i.e. adjacent to the road but not the intersection) on the opposite side of the "dead" tile, it'll bring the pathing back but lose the intersection texture (it goes back to DTR).  If I click on the tile next to that, it'll fix the textures and break the pathing.  I can basically toggle this back and forth this way.  The side of the road that the starter is placed on seems to be irrelevant.  Both ends of each rail are stabilized by starters some distance away from the road in addition to the "experimental" starters at the road.

I don't get this problem with any diagonals crossing north-south roads or east-west roads crossing southeast-northwest diagonal rails.  I haven't done much testing with this on diagonal vs. diagonal intersections but I've gotten it to occur on some of those as well.

Some of the other STR intersections can be a bit fussy but in general I've managed to get them to work (not always knowing what I'm doing, unfortunately).  I'm not sure if this is one of those features that just needs a good overall QC...

rivit

In a late addition to Rail bugs, I was approached by a young kiwi player to fix a number of STR textures for Standard Rail that had stopped working with RUM and the NAM33 pre release. It seems that there has been a cleanup/consolidation of RULs in 90/45 curves and switches necessitating new FSH. Those have been done and I will issue an addendum to RUM in due course.

Along the way the new FARR DTRxSTR piece has also been added but this has a graphical glitch that does not feature in its DTR equivalent or Road crossing. Pieces 5313Axxx are the ones affected.   

indovote

Hello Tarkus/NAM Team,

Can you port NAM to SimCity 2013? Because if NAM has ported to SimCity 2013, it can use more features (such as ease of elevation).

Sorry for bad english, because I'am not native english speaker.