• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 33 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, July 29, 2015, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Quote from: Tarkus on October 17, 2015, 02:01:29 PM
Quote from: eclipticalstorm on October 17, 2015, 11:29:43 AM
The Ped Mall textures are missing under the E-rail over Ped Mall pieces.  This has been an issue since the last few NAM Updates (aprox. NAM 30+).  At first I thought the piece may no longer be supported, but I noticed it's still in the que ribbon so I figured maybe it was just something that slipped through the cracks.  Thanks in advance!

I've just tested all of the El-Rail-over-Pedmall pieces, and none of them were missing any textures.  Judging by the looks of your El-Rail, however, it looks like you're using some sort of cosmetic mod on your El-Rail, which is likely the culprit.

Yeah, I checked my game earlier and had no troubles either, although I'm running a heavily modified setup so I wasn't sure the results could be trusted.

Now Alex mentions it, the pillars do not look like default El-Rail at all. If you can let me know what mod you are using, it can most likely be fixed with a simple texture.

eclipticalstorm

Thanks for the follow-up Tarkus and mgb204.  It took me a while to figure out which mod I could have installed that would have changed the El-Rail pylons.  After a lot of digging it turns out the culprit was the ELR_Catenary_Mod.  This mod isn't compatible with the El-Rail Facelift mod (adds textures underneath the El-Rail) which might explain why it is clashing with the NAM Ped Mall. If you guys are able to make a patch let me know.  In the mean time I'll remove the mod.

mgb204

Quote from: eclipticalstorm on October 19, 2015, 04:30:51 PM
Thanks for the follow-up Tarkus and mgb204.  It took me a while to figure out which mod I could have installed that would have changed the El-Rail pylons.  After a lot of digging it turns out the culprit was the ELR_Catenary_Mod.  This mod isn't compatible with the El-Rail Facelift mod (adds textures underneath the El-Rail) which might explain why it is clashing with the NAM Ped Mall. If you guys are able to make a patch let me know.  In the mean time I'll remove the mod.

When you run the NAM installer, the Alternate El-Rail facelift has options to install catenaries, I'd use those instead as they are tailored for MLs mod.

Any "patching" of 3rd party mods would not be made official. In this case it looks like the pedmall textures have changed ID's and that has prevented them from showing. Given the likelihood of the creator updating the mod is low, I've simply remapped an additional set of textures to the old IDs (attached). However updating the mod is something the creator would have to do.

vicman

Quote from: mgb204 on October 14, 2015, 11:36:58 PM
Do you mean you were running version beta 17 or is that what you are trying to install? Right now we're really only able to provide support for the latest version of the NAM, which is the 33 Pre Release and perhaps version 32 as well.

If the 638 patch runs, it will always state "run successfully" at the end of the process. This doesn't mean the patch applied correctly, it just means the application itself ran to it's conclusion. When you run a SC4 patch, a file "sc4_patchlog.txt" is created in the same folder where the update exists. Please check this file and copy the contents here and I should be able to diagnose the exact nature of your problem.

I were running the nam beta.

This is the content of that file:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   PATCH  Version 6.50 - RTPatch(R) Professional - Software Update System
                    DOS/16-bit Windows/32-bit Windows Edition
       (C) Copyright Pocket Soft, Inc., 1991-2002.  All Rights Reserved.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Processing Patch File -----
Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'DELUXE.exe'
Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'Graphics Rules.sgr'
    New Version of File 'Graphics Rules.sgr' already exists.
Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'RUSHHOUR.exe'
Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_1.dat'
warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
               found. No update done since file contents do not match.
Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_2.dat'
    New Version of File 'SimCity_2.dat' already exists.
Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_3.dat'
    New Version of File 'SimCity_3.dat' already exists.
Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_4.dat'
    New Version of File 'SimCity_4.dat' already exists.
----- Patch File Processing Complete -----
-----------------------------------------------------
-        Results of Application of Patch File       -
File Patches Applied ......................... (   0)

Files Modified .................. (   0)
   Files Renamed. .................. (   0)
   Files Added ..................... (   0)
   Files Deleted ................... (   0)

Temporary Files Processed........ (   0)

File Patches Skipped: New Files Up-To-Date.... (   4)

File Patches Ignored: Old Files Missing....... (   0)

Old Files Invalid....... (   3)
Total File Patches Processed ................. (   7)

There is a warning. There are somes invalid files.

mgb204

So contrary to what the installer says, it's actually not installed any of the patch files. This is because when it looks at the original files, they have been modified so the installer refuses to update them. The only solution here is to uninstall SC4 completely then re-install it. Before doing anything else you need to run the EP1 patch, I'd also recommend installing the second 640 patch which add nitelights for custom buildings at this point.

Looking at the files where it failed, Simcity_1.DAT and Graphics Rules.sgr I would take a guess that you updated these files at some point. Probably to install the I-HT fix and get your GPU working correctly. You need to remember to also re-install those fixes after the patches have been applied.

If the patch fails on a brand new install of SC4 then that would suggest to me that your SC4 install media is not genuine.

compdude787

Not sure if this was reported already, but the RHW-8S D1 Inside ramp has a texture error on one of the tiles:

This was a bug in NAM 32 as well (that's when I first noticed it), but with certain rotations of the Parclo loop piece that's part of the QuickChange, the location of the preview model does not match where the piece will actually be placed:

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Tarkus

The good news is that both of those issues were fixed quite awhile ago.  The Parclo ramp without the QuickChange was actually an unintentional leftover that wasn't supposed to be accessible yet--it's been awhile since I've checked, but I believe it's now fixed and accessible in my current build.

-Alex

compdude787

Quote from: Tarkus on October 27, 2015, 12:51:48 PM
The good news is that both of those issues were fixed quite awhile ago.  The Parclo ramp without the QuickChange was actually an unintentional leftover that wasn't supposed to be accessible yet--it's been awhile since I've checked, but I believe it's now fixed and accessible in my current build.

-Alex

Cool. Just wanted to make sure. :)

My YouTube Channel

dyoungyn

Not sure if this was ever reported but it appears not matter where and how hard I try, I just can't fix this.  This is at it appears, RHW6C under 8S Flex at 7.5 M.  There does not appear to be a problem at 15M and if one is to put a space in between with the same thing at 7.5 success.

dyoungyn

compdude787

Another issue: you cannot drag a street underneath an L1 RHW-6C or -8C without the middle tile of the RHW deconverting to RHW-2. It works fine when the RHW is at L2 but not when it's at L1.

My YouTube Channel

dyoungyn

Takus,

I thought so but wasn't sure.  I drives me nuts and I do monitor SC4 Devotion daily and don't recall see this trouble call.  Thank you for your attention and keeping us all up-to-date.

dyoungyn

Quote from: Tarkus on October 28, 2015, 05:00:38 PM
roadgeek reported that one awhile back--I've fixed it for the official release.

-Alex

Tarkus

You're most welcome. :thumbsup:

I've also just gotten things fixed up on our end with the NWM RD-4 and OWR-4 diagonal issues, so that won't be an issue with the official NAM 33 release.  Even though the pre-release was exceptionally stable, the last few things have been tricky to navigate.  We are still plugging away at official release preparations, though, and really appreciate everyone's patience through what has been a rather brutal and protracted release cycle.

-Alex

fefenc

Some oddities with the Ontario textures:

These are the draggable intersections

Can't wait to master this new feature so I can kick those puzzle pieces away :D

matias93

Quote from: fefenc on November 05, 2015, 02:10:38 PM

In NAM 33 most custom RHW textures have gone obsolete. Tarkus has signaled that the final release will include one american and one european RHW textures, but the variety of previous versions is frozen until someone resumes the work of MandelSoft (supposing that would happen). The reason of the obsolescense is the new system for draggable interchanges, because the previous textures were bound to puzzle pieces.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

fefenc

Quote from: matias93 on November 05, 2015, 02:26:38 PM
Quote from: fefenc on November 05, 2015, 02:10:38 PM

In NAM 33 most custom RHW textures have gone obsolete. Tarkus has signaled that the final release will include one american and one european RHW textures, but the variety of previous versions is frozen until someone resumes the work of MandelSoft (supposing that would happen). The reason of the obsolescense is the new system for draggable interchanges, because the previous textures were bound to puzzle pieces.
Ah, then I think I should reinstall NAM, but this time I should uncheck the Ontario textures

Tarkus

Careful with the quotations when pictures are involved--it gets really unwieldy and generally isn't necessary.  I've edited the last two posts to compact things down.

Now, putting on my (metaphorical) NAM hat, in addition to the draggable changes, there's just a ton of new stuff that's been added that isn't covered by the multiple versions of the MandelSoft textures.  As the RHW continues to expand, that would have been a recurring theme anytime we added a new features.

MandelSoft did upload his entire depository, with source files (in Inkscape SVG form), so if anyone who is a big fan of his sets and has the time, energy, and skills to keep it going, we can set you up with that package. 

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on November 04, 2015, 11:47:33 PM
You're most welcome. :thumbsup:

I've also just gotten things fixed up on our end with the NWM RD-4 and OWR-4 diagonal issues, so that won't be an issue with the official NAM 33 release.  Even though the pre-release was exceptionally stable, the last few things have been tricky to navigate.  We are still plugging away at official release preparations, though, and really appreciate everyone's patience through what has been a rather brutal and protracted release cycle.

-Alex

OWR-4 diagonals? Did I read that right? I don't recall seeing anything like that.

Tarkus

There's been OWR-4 diagonals for about the past 4 years.  All NWM networks have had diagonals for quite a long time.

-Alex

compdude787

Quote from: compdude787 on October 28, 2015, 05:19:36 PM
Another issue: you cannot drag a street underneath an L1 RHW-6C or -8C without the middle tile of the RHW deconverting to RHW-2. It works fine when the RHW is at L2 but not when it's at L1.

Sorry for quoting myself, but did anyone notice this post?

My YouTube Channel