• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 33 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, July 29, 2015, 09:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

I did notice it, though haven't investigated it until now.  I have replicated it and it's now Issue #272.  Kinda bizarre it exists the way it does, as the other undercrossing networks work fine, and the L2 networks are generally less stable than the L1s.  The code seems to be flat out missing, though as the L1-C-Center-over-Road works fine, I can just copy the code over and change a few 1s to 0s.

Edit: And fixed.  #272 is closed.

-Alex

Schohns

I found a NWM bug:

I dragged both curves in the exact same way, yet only one of them is working. The blank tile turned brown while dragging the road and it's not only a texture bug, since the paths are missing as well.

gtaman

compdude787

Quote from: Tarkus on November 07, 2015, 11:48:22 PM
I did notice it, though haven't investigated it until now.  I have replicated it and it's now Issue #272.  Kinda bizarre it exists the way it does, as the other undercrossing networks work fine, and the L2 networks are generally less stable than the L1s.  The code seems to be flat out missing, though as the L1-C-Center-over-Road works fine, I can just copy the code over and change a few 1s to 0s.

Edit: And fixed.  #272 is closed.

-Alex

Thanks, Alex!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Tarkus

Quote from: Schohns on November 13, 2015, 05:04:48 AM
I found a NWM bug:

I dragged both curves in the exact same way, yet only one of them is working. The blank tile turned brown while dragging the road and it's not only a texture bug, since the paths are missing as well.

That one's already been reported and fixed. 

-Alex

titanicbuff

Well at least when it comes I'll be back in SC4 again- been playing Skylines- to many ideas about what I wanna do-
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

Simmer2

Hello.
Question regarding the RRW portion of NAM33.
Are any new RRW textures pieces included in this iteration or are they still the same as NAM32.
I'm wondering if NAM33 has a more complete set so that it covers almost all rail station/freight yards rail texture combination.
If not then I will just manually re-texture the lots in question.

Simmer 2
________________________________________________________________________________

eggman121

Quote from: Simmer2 on November 15, 2015, 12:27:57 AM
Question regarding the RRW portion of NAM33.
Are any new RRW textures pieces included in this iteration or are they still the same as NAM32.
I'm wondering if NAM33 has a more complete set so that it covers almost all rail station/freight yards rail texture combination.
If not then I will just manually re-texture the lots in question.

Hello Simmer2

More information on this front is documented here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=16787.0

We do understand that there is a bit of mismatching between the RRW and the old texture sets. They won't be part of the NAM but when I have time I will try to compete a set since I would like a set myself  ;)

I am trying some new things so there may be more development on that front.

-eggman121

Alan_Waters

All good day! Thanks to the team for the wonderful mod!

Problems with the El Rail:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA9KhUBLXT4

The same thing happens with the GLR at the crossroads. It was in version 32. Plopping puzzle fixes the problem for a two minutes, and then stops again at crossroads. Will it be corrected in the final version?

Please forgive my poor English, I really do not speak English. &ops

Alan_Waters

Reinstall the "NAM-33" from "El Rail Alternates." In place of the tram stop at the intersection, there were boxes. Remove part of the way in which the box and was again extended the rail. A minute later reappeared box.

tobsen

Hey Guys...i have a little problem... when i want to have turning lanes on my road crossings these are on the wrong site after i clicked with the one way road on the crossing. I use rhd and standart textures. Does anyone know how to solve the problem??? 

Cheers

Tobsen

Alan_Waters

Diagonal Bridge Enabler does not work on version 33, on the bridge appear box.

Synthael

Heya guys, I found another LHD related bug/oversight: paths for L1 road overpass over diagonal rail (puzzle pieces) aren't right, road paths are ok, but rail paths are still RHD.

I hope I'm not repeating someone else with this bug report...  ;D

mgb204

The first El-Rail problem looks to be a pathing/RUL issue, that probably needs looking into. The GLR pathing was fixed and should make the final release.

The issue with the brown boxes is likely because you are missing a dependency required for the T21s of MLs mod. It's working fine here, you might want to try re-installing the NAM since a file must be missing as the NAM doesn't have external dependencies.

DBE does work with version 33. The rail part is a little finicky if using RRW, but otherwise the functionality is there. Again if you are missing T21s, I can't understand why they are not present and can only suggest a reinstall.

As for the Road Turning Lanes - I looked at the textures for the LHD EU version recently, they were a bit of a mess. I'm not sure if the same issues are present for the RHD versions also. I'll take a look at them later but I don't know if a fix will make 33's release.

The 7.5m Rail and GLR overpasses due to coding limitations can not link to alternate LHD paths in the way the rest of the NAM does. However, if you override the RHD paths with LHD versions it works fine, I uploaded a fix for this here.

Alan_Waters

Dear MGB204, maybe you're right, but I use RHD in all modes. Just can not understand why there are boxes on the diagonal bridges.  ()what() &cry2
Once your "Maxis Highway Override patch" does not correct texture for Raised Highway in the tunnel.

Synthael

Quote from: Schohns on November 13, 2015, 05:04:48 AM
I found a NWM bug:

I second this bug, I investigated a bit and discovered it happens only on RD-4 (MAVE-4, as I still call it). I tested it on completely flat ground, when dragging 45 degree curves, first middle tile auto connects and makes intersection and then disappears. Also, when I clicked near curve made before NAM 33, it revered to this bugged version. 90 degree curves are OK. RD-6 and TLA-5 (as they're closest in way of dragging) work as intended. Btw, tested on LHD version.

titanicbuff

I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

mgb204

Quote from: Alan_Waters on November 21, 2015, 11:26:31 AM
Dear MGB204, maybe you're right, but I use RHD in all modes. Just can not understand why there are boxes on the diagonal bridges.  ()what() &cry2

Brown boxes here would mean a T21 prop is missing. The DBE works by using T21s to add props (Bridge supports) onto the regular transit network. Thus if you are getting a box, you must be missing some dependency somewhere. Check first if the same problem occurs with only the NAM installed, if the box is still there you'll need to reinstall the NAM since something is missing.

If with only the NAM the problem disappears, then most likely another mod is overriding one or more of the bridge t21 props, but a required dependency is missing. This would almost certainly be a light replacement mod, I can't think what else would be showing up on bridges, especially the DBE ones.

roadgeek

I found one that I don't see on Git Hub. The RHW4 E1 ramp has a graphical glitch at L1.

EDIT: I will provide an image when I get an opportunity to do so.