• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RAM Request Thread

Started by CasperVg, February 10, 2008, 12:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amtrak7

I am requesting single-track rail that is pathed in only one direction.  This would avoid some of the ghost trains.

Swamper77

While you might like the tracks to be pathed in one direction, the game doesn't know which way the tiles are pathed when drawing the tracks. So you would end up with sections that would be pathed the wrong way. It's unlikely that the STR will ever be pathed in one direction.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

joelyboy911

I would like to request a network with both GLR and heavy rail running on the same tracks. I do not know how possible this is, but I think I read somewhere that it is only possible to have two network types as ploppable, none the less it would be cool as ploppables/puzzle pieces anyway.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Amtrak7

I don't know if this should be in the NAM forum, but I request a puzzle-piece based network with STR in an avenue's median, similar to the GLR-Av.

Only difference is that it should be 2 tiles wide.

Monorail Master

I'd like to request a new crossing that is for both Single and double rail. The crossing, runs diagnoly across an intersection. Example below

|| /
                               __________||/__________
                               __________XX__________
                                               /         
                                              /

/ = Track

_ and | = Road

As a request, can u try to make this suitable for Avenue
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Amtrak7

I've a feeling that it'll only work for Ave and not road.

Amtrak7

I would like to request 2 things related to railroad crossings:

Avenue crossings with 4-quadrant gates.
Passive street crossings. (just a little RR crossing sign, no gate)

kassarc16

I know somewhere on ST there was a mod that replaced street gates with crossbuck signs, since I've got it somewhere in my plugins.

SimNation

Think we could a x crossing that has more of a gentle crossing like this?
Seeing how unrealistic the maxis one is

Lastly the intersection on the top right (the H crossing) of this photo would be nice. Its not a double crossing just a single one

Amtrak7

I searched the STEX for crossbuck and found one that makes one-way road crossbucks.  Can't find a street crossbuck mod.

dedgren

If the BAT crossing sign is nicely done and properly scaled, you could just convert it into an offset plop and use it anywhere.  Post a linkie to the ST DL, and I'll be happy to take a look.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

krbe

Swamper77 have one with crossbucks only for OWR--surely this coud be modded to fit roads and streets too?

zakuten

Love the RAM; just one thing; perhaps make it clearer that one has to use the crossover track to get trains across to a branching STR. I didn't realize that until I was playing, and then I felt so derp...  :-[
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

threestooges

Crossover track? As far as I'm aware, unless something has changed, an STR line braching from a dual track line (via a switch) will funciton fine without a crossover track (it may look a bit odd, but it will still function). Hope I understood your point right.
-Matt

gardenwong

Hope can see a PP like this $%Grinno$%
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

zakuten

Hrm, strange.... mine never seemed to.... well, I guess in that case, it must be for UDI cases only. Sorry for the misunderstanding~
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

gardenwong

well....do you mean something like this?

I forgot where I get it but it seems at this forum...... :-[
maybe you can just try to find at the 3RR.....there are lot of beta.....
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

zakuten

Oh, no no, I have that piece. I was just thinking that was required to do this situation:

/---------------------Y       (single track branch)
                                     /
----------------------------------------------
                            /---/                                            (these two a dual-rail)
X-----------------------------------------------

Which I guess only makes a difference if you're trying to U-drive-it the trains across from X to Y. Usage just happened to pop up at a coincidential time.

gardenwong

you mean the spare track between DTR ()what()
like this?

maybe you need to wait until winter or more :P
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

zakuten

No, not a spare track, a crossover piece just like in the picture. Nevermind it, everything's fine. It's not a problem.