• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

The LHD plugin does not switch the side where the sims drive on. This has to be done with an internal switch, such as a registry setting, or using a different language file. I think there's also a command line parameter that can achieve this. But once you started your game with left hand drive activated, you need the NAM's LHD plugin for proper pathing, UK-style turning lanes etc.
Andreas

BradySeitz

What I am saying is that I already changed the registry and language files, uninstalled the NAM, played a bit then re-installed the NAM. The turning lanes did not change, I will try again, and thanks for a speedy reply.

Brady

**EDIT

Ok, I completely removed the NAM and the RHW and downloaded them again. I selected complete Left Hand Drive installation. The lanes are still on the right. Seems like I might be missing something. Cars are still driving on the Left and using the turning lanes, it just looks kind of funny them crossing to "oncoming" lanes to turn and turning down the "wrong way"  ()what() Maybe there is some other value I need to changed other than the registry region and language folder.

jgehrts

RHW v3 problem.

Followed the installation instructions - uninstalled previous NAM, ran Cleanitol, installed new NAM, installed new RHW.  Everything seems to have gone just swimmingly, but the RHW-2 textures are the old gray ones.  The stubs, I guess you could call them, of the RHW-2 are black, but when I drag it, it's gray.  All the other textures for all the other parts of the new RHW are the new black textures.

Any theories on what's causing this?

Andreas

With the black textures, are you referring to Shadow Assassin's Euro RHW Textures? Those will need an update as well, as some IDs have changed, and many new items have been added to the RHW 3.0. I heard that Shadow Assassin made good progress with updating his mod, but it'll take a while until it's finished.

EDIT for another notice: Unfortunately, there was a small bug in the NAM Controller that leads to a crash to desktop under certain circumstances. If you already downloaded the new NAM, please re-download the NAM Essentials and update the NAM Controller - no further action needed. :)
Andreas

justatest

I'm experiencing an issue with the SAM v3 and the latest NAM:
If I build 2 streets with one lot distance, the texture of the dead end is flipping, see first picture.
Tis is not only a problem with this one texture, but also with others (e.g. it is even worse with Tolca's dirt road).

This issue was not present with the NAM of April 2008, see second picture. Thus it seems to be NAM related.

Is anybody able to verify this? Else I would have to check again my installation...
BTW, I first removed the old NAM for the plugin folder, then installed the new. Afterward I copied the SAM folder from the old NAM folder to the new one.

Thank you.

jgehrts

Quote from: Andreas on January 14, 2009, 11:48:23 PM
With the black textures, are you referring to Shadow Assassin's Euro RHW Textures? Those will need an update as well, as some IDs have changed, and many new items have been added to the RHW 3.0. I heard that Shadow Assassin made good progress with updating his mod, but it'll take a while until it's finished.

EDIT for another notice: Unfortunately, there was a small bug in the NAM Controller that leads to a crash to desktop under certain circumstances. If you already downloaded the new NAM, please re-download the NAM Essentials and update the NAM Controller - no further action needed. :)

Nope, I'm referring to the default textures.  I think in all the screenshots that showed the RHW-2, it looked like the RHW-2 textures were exactly the same as the RHW-4 (but with different road/lane markings, of course).

I've attached a screenshot showing what I'm experiencing.

MandelSoft

Well, it looks like you still have the two-lane-RHW from V13 on your computer. Check your plugins folder if you can find the file which is resposible for this.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

choco

either that, or you have one of SA's old mods installed thats not meant for 3.0

jgehrts

Couldn't find anything that looked like an obvious old RHW, so I just deleted the RHW folder completely and reinstalled it.  It works a-okay now... thanks for the quick suggestions!

santexas

I have a question(s) about the FLUPs.  I have installed the new NAM and the FLUPs dat files were selected and were installed into the NAM Plugins folder.  However, when I go to the Road menu and click on the FLUPs menu icon, I get the basic instructions about tab and home/end  but I do not get anything to display on the city map - just a blank square and the red arrow which of course tells me that the puzzle is not positioned correctly.  What am I doing wrong? I saw Chrism's tips on the FLUPs posted toway but I do not even see the underpass whether I am trying to position it on flat ground.  I need some assistance please.  Thank you.

santexas

onionofdeath

So I tried installing the newest (jan 09) version of the NAM, however when I load the game, none of the mods work. Come to find out that they aren't even installed to begin with ()what(). I tried re-installing several times (including the game itself) to no avail. I have no other plugins installed.

System:
MacBook Pro (early 2008) running Vista SP1 32bit
4 GB RAM
500 GB HDD
SC4 Dlx with update 1

Thanks in advance,
Onion Of Death

Chrisim

Tarkus

jgehrts, I'm glad you were able to find the problem! :)  If you're wondering what the mystery file is, it looks like you had mjig_dudy's old RHW-2 texture mod installed, released in the RHW thread over at ST back in early 2007.

onionofdeath, that's rather odd.  You could always try using the Mac versions and manually installing as well.  The files just need to go into a Plugins\Network Addon Mod folder.

-Alex (Tarkus)

santexas

Dear Chrism,

Thank you for your reply.  I checked and I do not have any of the reasons for a red arrow in the NAM FAQ.  So, I just uninstalled everything (nothing left in folder Network Addon MOD) and started over.  After reinstalling the NAM, I had FLUPs.  So, the next Add-On I reinstalled was the SAM v3 (Beta) and I got the SAM items but I lost the FLUPs. Now, I have uninstalled the SAM and I still do not have the FLUPs.

I am going to uninstall then reinstall the new NAM.  Since I archive my downloads, I am going to try and locate the SAM v2 and install that.  If I still lose the FLUPs after that, I will just live without the SAM. I hope that no one else is having this problem.

Again, thank you,

Santexas

onionofdeath

when I download the NAM, all I see is the installer and a bunch of readme's. I don't see any way to manually install the files (unless somehow, I'm downloading the wrong NAM)

Tarkus

Quote from: onionofdeath on January 15, 2009, 06:17:13 PM
when I download the NAM, all I see is the installer and a bunch of readme's. I don't see any way to manually install the files (unless somehow, I'm downloading the wrong NAM)

That'd be the Windows version, then.  Try here.

santexas, it sounds to me like you've got an incompatible NAM Controller/RUL-bound Transit Mod file somewhere still.  I would not recommend re-installing SAM Version 2, as the new NAM is set up for SAM Version 3, and as such, there will be some issues with running Version 2 and the January 2009 NAM. 

Try emptying your Plugins of everything except the NAM and SAM v3.  It should work for you then.

-Alex (Tarkus)

santexas

Dear Alex,

I now have a working NAM, SAM v.3, and RHW - all give me FLUPs.  I checked to maker certain that I had no odd files in the NAM plugins and I removed any MODS that I thought might cause a conflict with the SAM, especially a z_Euro_Road_Textures MOD that had the file z-Marrast_Underpasses_Euro_Textures.dat.  I am now going to reinstall all my bridges and my cul-de-sac MOD and see what happens.  Thank you'all for your help and assistance.

Linda G. (santexas)

gn_leugim

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.. but I found something about the new NAM.. when using it for the first time, after updating from the old one, I had this little "bug"

the roundabout became non functional.. was only needed one click on it to the paths became again all drawn again.. but it was a hell of struggle to find this.. as I gave a lot of traffic issues and I thought it to be from the new simulator.. (check simulator z thread for details if you want ;) )

Andreas

So it does work as intended now? By any chance, did you install the OneWayRoad Arrow Reduction plugin, which was not there before? In this case, you have to redraw your oneway roads, as the modified arrows have to be placed in a specific way (I think they are flat models, similar to puzzle pieces). It's possible that this causes the old paths to break, so the re-drag is necessary.
Andreas

SimGoober

Ok, I have one.  I seem to have a texture flaw on the Railrays, and I think it is related to the NAM.  I installed the new version yesterday, after deleting the old.  Now I notice that when I draw railways diagonally, the textures don't match.  They are darker.  I am assuming it is NAM related, as it was the only thing I changed before seeing this.  I figure any of you transit gurus might be able to look at this and say, "well, that HAS to be caused by X or Y.", so I know where to begin... 

When life just blows ... Fukitol!