• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimNation

Was unaware the essentials had a 2nd update to them. Thanks for the quick response's.

CaptCity

Quote from: Andreas on March 21, 2009, 01:27:18 PM
For such issues, a download of the latest NAM Essentials should be sufficient, since the placement of the puzzle pieces is controlled by the NAM Controller. No need to download a 15+ MB package again just for a RUL bugfix. :)

Thanks Andreas (thumping my own head)... Totally forgot about the Essentials. That would be easier.  :thumbsup:

Earth quake

Good morning, I installed the new NAM of which the left hand plugin, but he doesn't run while the file z_lefthandplugin is in the file Network_addon_mod.
furthermore he says to me "left_hand_version requierd additional plugin" and I lack well the additonal plugin of this mod.

therefore I would like to would know corrected this problem (I have re-installed several times the NAM)

(sorry for my bad english)   

Andreas

I assume you are using a French version of the game, so you should not use the Left Hand plugin at all. It is only intended for game versions where the cars drive on the left side of the road, i. e. the UK version.
Andreas

Earth quake

yes I use well the French version of game, but I did not know that it been reserved in English version and I assume Japanese.

I needed it because I made English MD of style but I didin't use this mod.

Thank you for this information Andreas.

Andreas

Well, the LHD plugin doesn't switch the side of the road where the vehicles are driving on. This is a setting that has to be done by either using a UK version of the game of some registry settings (I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere). The NAM LHD Plugin contains only special paths and textures for those who have their game set to LHD in the first place.
Andreas

Gaston

Okay I didn't see this problem posted before, so...
     The 90 degree long radius road puzzle piece seems to plop reversed from its preview position.    I have plopped it alone and trying to connect it to existing roads, it ALWAYS plops opposite of the preview position.     It is a real pain.   Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to fix it?    This does seem to be something recent.    I don't recall it doing it till a few days ago, but I might have just missed it.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Andreas

Do you have the latest version of the NAM Essentials? I think it was fixed in there, but maybe it wasn't. If not, we'll have another look what might have gone wrong.
Andreas

deathtopumpkins

I have the latest NAM Essentials and have noticed the same thing. In fact I've found this on multiple puzzle pieces but cannot remember which other one(s) now...
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

LE0

I know this is stupid question, but why in UDI you are stuck to the paths on puzzle pieces. In off road mode you cant pass or switch lanes. Same for maxis highways Is this fixable?

thx
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Gaston

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on March 23, 2009, 06:27:08 PM
I have the latest NAM Essentials and have noticed the same thing. In fact I've found this on multiple puzzle pieces but cannot remember which other one(s) now...
I chose to down load the last version of NAM in it's entirety.   I totally removed the old version and replaced it with the latest version.   I understood that NAM essentials wasn't needed if I did it that way.

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Swamper77

Quote from: LE0 on March 23, 2009, 06:28:06 PM
I know this is stupid question, but why in UDI you are stuck to the paths on puzzle pieces. In off road mode you cant pass or switch lanes. Same for maxis highways Is this fixable?

You are stuck to the paths on puzzle pieces because they are composed of models. This is a hard-coded behavior and cannot be fixed.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: Gaston on March 23, 2009, 06:53:46 PM
I chose to down load the last version of NAM in it's entirety.   I totally removed the old version and replaced it with the latest version.   I understood that NAM essentials wasn't needed if I did it that way.

---Gaston

Well when did you download the NAM? It's been updated since release, and the NAM Essentials just make it so you don't have to download the whole NAM in the event of an update. You are correct in your assumption that you do not need the essentials when you download the full NAM.

So if you've downloaded the NAM in the past week or so you should have the latest version.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

LE0

Quote from: Swamper77 on March 23, 2009, 06:57:03 PM
You are stuck to the paths on puzzle pieces because they are composed of models. This is a hard-coded behavior and cannot be fixed.

-Swamper

Even the dashed road puzzle pieces? :'(

Tarkus

I've just tested the Road Large 90-Curve with a completely clean installation (no Plugins except the latest full NAM off the LEX) and it was in the correct rotation.

If you've already downloaded the full NAM off the LEX after March 8th and are having the issue, you've got a conflicting, outdated NAM Controller or DatPacked NAM sitting in your Plugins somewhere.

-Alex

Swamper77

Quote from: LE0 on March 23, 2009, 07:30:04 PM
Even the dashed road puzzle pieces? :'(

Yes, even on those. Sorry, but there's nothing we can do about it. Only Maxis/EA can fix it and we all know how likely that is......

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

LE0

i guess solution is to make as much draggable as possible? $%Grinno$%

metasmurf

I got the sink hole bug on the diagonal RHW-4 on/offramp. Just thought you should know.

Gaston

Quote from: Tarkus on March 23, 2009, 07:41:40 PM
I've just tested the Road Large 90-Curve with a completely clean installation (no Plugins except the latest full NAM off the LEX) and it was in the correct rotation.

If you've already downloaded the full NAM off the LEX after March 8th and are having the issue, you've got a conflicting, outdated NAM Controller or DatPacked NAM sitting in your Plugins somewhere.

-Alex

First chance I had to post.   I DL'd the essentials (I had dl'd one day prior to the last update).   Now all seems okay.      ()what()

---Gaston
白龍

MAS71

Hello there !  :)

Quote from: Gaston sanThe 90 degree long radius road puzzle piece seems to plop reversed from its preview position.

@Gaston san
Now, I was able to confirm the same problme you said, too. ;D

When I use it while I remember that "It will turned an angle of 180 degrees always !:P
so It will be difficult a little to connect with road, I was feel so at first.
but now, I was already used to the how to use. ;D

Sorry, It's not any helps for problem. :-[

and I want to report other one. "$Deal"$
This is a probelm of SC4Path about "Single-Sided Parallel Ramps"

Please check out a SC4Path of No.7 in a pic. (Click to TAB-Key 6 times) You can see a strange a little. ;D

If you would solved it, I'm looking forward to next update of NAM. ;)
Thank you for reading. :)