• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeTram

thanx again ....can i delete every station that i dont use from NAM GLR stations patch , in order not to have empty icons? should be ok?
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

Andreas

Yes, delete all patches for stations you don't have installed. Since I can't update files that don't belong to me, I decided to make one big archive with patches for all of them. Just put the patch(es) for the station(s) you have installed in the folder where the station(s) is/are located. And regarding the NAM Essentials: At the moment, you only need to install them if you want to use the RHW. The rest of the files is identical to the NAM core download. This will change soon, however, when the new items that are currently under development will be released. We intend to release a "NAM Updater", which will update the files that have been changed, and there will also be a new release of the RHW.
Andreas

VeTram

thanx Andreas.....someth else now....what's the purpose of existing draggable GLR pieces?  Of course i know that we must use draggable GLR pieces in GLR stations in order to work.. but is that the only explanation for the above question?  and if yes ,  what's the purpose of existing simple GLR pieces?  ...also a GLR line must constist of only one kind of GLR pieces (puzzle pieces + draggable ones)  or they can be used together?
...also....the textures in draggable GLR pieces arent the same as simple puzzle pieces....it isnt pleasant for eye...so i am wondering if i can use just only draggable pieces in a railway line in order to have uniform lines...
....and finally ...should i download anything more in order to see GLR trains more often?   %confuso
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

Andreas

You can use both ploppable GLR puzzle pieces and the draggable GLR. The main reason why both are included is the backwards compatibility - and yes, you can mix both without any problems. The main advantage of the draggable GLR is that it's a lot easier to use, and you can build extended GLR systems in a very short time. However, for some specific situations, puzzle pieces are still needed, such as for a GLR/el-rail intersection. If you'd drag the el-rail across a GLR line, it would convert to GLR as well, since both are essentially the same network. By using the puzzle piece, you can create this kind of intersection, though. For both the puzzle pieces and the draggable GLR, both texture styles (the old grey one that look like the el-rail, and the new pavement style) are still available - either within the NAM, or as external plugin. For seeing more GLR trains, you need to improve your GLR system, so the usage goes up.
Andreas

VeTram

Andreas thanx for informations and help....someth. last please....is it true that i must lay down draggable puzzle pieces infront of the stations in order to work , for the Sims , and also must those stations be near bus stops in order to be transit enable?   thanx once again

Andreas

This is how stations are built: First drag your GLR network, then plop the stations (with the GLR station patch installed if the stations are not modified for the draggable GLR anyway) on top of the GLR line. Please note that you should leave about eight to ten tiles between the stations, otherwise, the GLR line might convert back to el-rail. When you're done, drag a short stretch of el-rail right through the stations in order to activate the automata paths. Some stations already might contain bus station functions, but if not, place a bus station next to them, so the sims can switch between trams and buses.
Andreas

JoeExplorer

Is the RHW compatible with LOTS? 

I think I read every post in this forum.  I'm getting forum fatigue. 

I draw the RHW and I zoned some Res around it.  Nothing happened except I get a car icon meaning that I'm not connected to a road for my zoning.

I also read here where you can have a 45 degree turn with the RHW but every time I try it I get the old road back. 

The only RHW I've been able to draw is a straight line.  It won't even conform to the terrain.  It stays at one level digging the ditch along the way. 

And lastly:  It appears according to this forum that you can have a six or eight lane highway.  Or am I missing something here?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: JoeExplorer on November 24, 2007, 02:18:07 PM
Is the RHW compatible with LOTS? 

I think I read every post in this forum.  I'm getting forum fatigue. 

I draw the RHW and I zoned some Res around it.  Nothing happened except I get a car icon meaning that I'm not connected to a road for my zoning.

I also read here where you can have a 45 degree turn with the RHW but every time I try it I get the old road back. 

The only RHW I've been able to draw is a straight line.  It won't even conform to the terrain.  It stays at one level digging the ditch along the way. 

And lastly:  It appears according to this forum that you can have a six or eight lane highway.  Or am I missing something here?

Ok, here's the answers to your questions:

1. Lot's aren't recomended to be used with the RHW system.  However, in the future there will be Big Dig lots that will work with the RHW system.

2. You can't zone lots along the RHW system.  Since the RHW system acts like the default Highway system in SC4, the lots will not grow along it unless the lots are connected to another type of network.

3. To get a 45 degree turn with the RHW, you have to curve it correctly, otherwise you'll just get the default ANT(RD) textures.

4. Do you somehow have any slope mods installed?

5. Yes, it will be possible in the future to have a six or eight lane highway.  However, it isn't released yet.  And odds are, it will not be released with the next version of the RHW.  However, I have a feeling it would be in the one after the next one released.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Shadow Assassin

The RHW can have transit-enabled lots, but they are not recommended due to the nature of transit-enabled lots.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

JoeExplorer

That clears up alot.  And I'm serious....I got Forum Fatigue ....LOL

No I do not have any slope mods installed.  Should I?  Is there a recommended one?

thanks for helping out a tired old man.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: JoeExplorer on November 25, 2007, 07:07:29 AM
That clears up alot.  And I'm serious....I got Forum Fatigue ....LOL

No I do not have any slope mods installed.  Should I?  Is there a recommended one?

thanks for helping out a tired old man.

Well, it sounds like you already do if the RHW is drawing a perfect straight line and cutting into a mountain.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

JoeExplorer

No I don't have any slope mod installed.

Isn't the idea to have the highway scale up the mountain rather than cut a big hole through it?

Dexter

I am having trouble connecting one-way roads up to other networks. I used to be able to connect one-way road up with RHW, but now it just goes red when I try. Also connecting one-way roads to avenues at certain angles is not possible. I used to be able to do this fine. I think it stopped working somewhere around after installing the latest NAM. Is this a bug? Thanks for your help.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

nerdly_dood

No major problem...that's just the way things are...and BTW if you have the NAM then you can already do a lot more kinds of intersections than if you only had Rush Hour.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

simzebu

Dexter: I think that's related to the Street Addon Mod. I have the same problem, and it seemed to have started right after I installed the SAM. It should be fixed with the next version, but in the mean time, you can connect to avenues instead of one ways.
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

rickmastfan67

Quote from: simzebu on November 27, 2007, 02:16:10 PM
Dexter: I think that's related to the Street Addon Mod. I have the same problem, and it seemed to have started right after I installed the SAM. It should be fixed with the next version, but in the mean time, you can connect to avenues instead of one ways.

The OWR into a RHW-4 WILL BE FIXED for the next version.  In fact, we've already been testing the fix so far and it's working fine. ;)

simlove

Hi I have problems whit the intersection. :'(
The traffic lights[red yellow,green} It ONLY SHOWS GREEN,and its only on the turning line ligths road,the rest of the NAM sems to function fine.
All the phats are corret,
all the texture are rigth
and no miissing coponents.
I ceep reinstaling the NAM,but dosent help.Iinstall in following order.

Cleanitol to remowe old file

1 JUNE2007 NAM,
2JUNE2007NAM ESSENTIALS,
3RHW V13 BETA

And this lead to chrasings to the desktop after a 20 min.time
I only have the NAM instald in my plugin, on my old coputer this works fine :thumbsup:PLEASE HJELP ME and thanks for any hjelp %confuso and sorry for my writhing in bad eangles "$Deal"$

Ramona Brie

I have a vital highway link between the Camelot city tiles of West Central and Downtown. Downtown is a record-breaking city for me with more than one million people (that is more than four times the population of the city where I live, about 250,000 people). This six-lane highway is experiencing heavy traffic congestion. I need to do a rebuild of the Camelot Freeway, but what should I do? Camelot, as the name implies, was my first CAM city (Downtown); the three other city tiles, West Central, East Central, and Far West, came later. The Camelot Freeway is one of the most congested routes ever since I began playing: it used to be an avenue, but was upgraded to a highway after congestion got the better of the avenue. What should I do to expand the capacity of and relieve the congestion on the Camelot Freeway?

sisum

I edited a previous version of NAM for transit capacities.  I would like to edit the current version to have the same values as the before.  I can't find the file to edit, can someone direct me to the right one?

Or, can I use the Better Pathfinding dat that I edited?
I think, therefore, I am confused  "author unknown"

BigSlark

Quote from: Tracker on December 01, 2007, 10:29:58 AM
I have a vital highway link between the Camelot city tiles of West Central and Downtown. Downtown is a record-breaking city for me with more than one million people (that is more than four times the population of the city where I live, about 250,000 people). This six-lane highway is experiencing heavy traffic congestion. I need to do a rebuild of the Camelot Freeway, but what should I do? Camelot, as the name implies, was my first CAM city (Downtown); the three other city tiles, West Central, East Central, and Far West, came later. The Camelot Freeway is one of the most congested routes ever since I began playing: it used to be an avenue, but was upgraded to a highway after congestion got the better of the avenue. What should I do to expand the capacity of and relieve the congestion on the Camelot Freeway?

I suggest a parallel subway line with parking garages near the busiest interchanges, provided the city can afford it.

I find the monorail to be the ultimate congestion buster.

Check out some of the great custom stations by SimGoober, they are deep enough to fit in a CBD and look great to boot.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Kevin