• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

My automata photobook

Started by screamingman12, January 22, 2007, 03:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screamingman12

I joined simtropolis in mid 2005, and became obsessed with tram modding in early '06, ever since I have been making my own trams (on both American and European prototypes) and sevral are already on the STEX, I intend to post those here as well, here is a preveiw of what is to come:

This is one of the first trams that I made, it is a model of a TARS 600 class streetcar, these ran the streets of Manhattan until the late '40s.
I will be releasing an updated version of this on the LEX soon.

This is a model of the 1920s Pearly-Thomas streetcars that run in New Orleans, I will also be releasing an updated version of this soon. Vester changed the model from a pantograph to a trolley-pole.

This is a model of a Chicago Surface Lines 3000 series, I will also update this and relase it.

This is a Chicago Peter Whitt streetcar, other than a painting of Wrigly Feild, I haven't found any historical proof that any of these ran there, or what their paint schemes were. 

Here is a San Francisco "Iron Monster" car, in the paint scheme that they appeared in when the SF Muni took over service in 1912.

Here is an Iron Monster as they appeared during the 1939 World's Fair/Golden Gate International Exposition.

Another Iron Monster, they ran in this scheme until the last one was replaced by a PCC in 1953.
I will be releasing updated versions of this and the WF/GGIE one above it.

This is a model of a reproduction vintage Portland tram, I released it a part of the Around the Roses, Portland BATing Prolect, I will also be releasing it here.

Here is a model of Capitol Transit 776, it ran in D.C. until 1963, I think that the skin it pretty bland, I'll update it some, but I still don't think that it will have much detail to it.

This is a model of one of the trams in Memphis, Tennesee, I'll be releasing it, as it's as updated as it can get.

Here is a model of a modern Portland Streetcar, This is also the part of the Around the Roses, Portland BATing Prolect. I got a request for this paint job specificaly, but I will make some variations and upload them as well.

Here is a model of car 5235 from Philadelphia, PA. This is about as updated as trams built on this model get, expect the New Orleans Version 2 tram to have the same roof details.

This is the MAX "New Look" LRV, I released this, and an older style one in the Around the Roses project. It will be here also.

Here is the older style MAX LRV, these were the original vehicles that opened the system 20 years ago. I released the two LRVs in a pack.

This is my version of Trolca's LRP1 project, the real one was in the late stages of modeling, and never got released, this one however should, if Trolca is still active at ST.

Image hosting by ImageShack.

If some of the images are too big, please tell me and I will fix them.

"...the streetcar, the carriage of the people, was opposed; but that which is for the greatest good of the greatest number will always conquer in the end..." -Rapid Transit in Cities, Thomas Curtis Clarke, 1892

jeronij

Wow, quite a large collection and very nice models  &apls
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

DrPepper

-DrPepper  ;)

R U A Great Bat Lighter? Great I need one!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3571.0

BigSlark

screamingman12,

I've been a huge fan of your work for a long time. I'm glad to see you've opened up shop at SC4D and I'm looking forward to your next creations!  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Kevin

jayo

Brilliant work  :thumbsup: Although i think some of the textures are a little bright & the roof textures could be better but thats only what i think  :thumbsup:
I'm back

Silur

Hi, screamingman12 ...
I know Your tram models - and Capitol Transit 776 is my favourite !!!