• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buildings made Historical

Started by TheTeaCat, May 17, 2008, 03:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

There are times that I find I missed making a building Historical in a row of them and it upgrades to a different one. It is then difficult to get the exact
style to grow again to maintain conformity. So I was wondering is there a modd that would show which buildings you have made historical and which you have not?

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

High5Tower

Yes,that would be a great option. In loo of that I have used the building plop tool to fill in that missing link but then you always know its not the reall thing. Watching buildings grow is why I play this game. :D I have also used my daily copy of the region back up to go back and fix the problem.

FrankU

This brings me to another problem: making large areas historical is a tedious job. Would it somehow be possible to select a complete block and make everything in it historical in one click?

TheTeaCat

Quote from: FrankU on May 18, 2008, 06:22:59 AM
This brings me to another problem: making large areas historical is a tedious job. Would it somehow be possible to select a complete block and make everything in it historical in one click?

That was my next question :D :D
what is they say
"Great minds think alike!"

And there is loads of them seen here on this site  ::)  :D :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

JoeST

unfortunately, my programming brain is screaming "ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at batch historic-making... I doubt that that will beable to be possible, but showing if a building is historical might be possible by maybe making them change colour or something.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

FrankU

Well, your answer gave me more hope than I thought was appropriate.
My guess was: that's not possible.

superhands

is ther any keyboard shortcut key?
what would be great is to hover  the mouse over the building and press tab or alike.

FrankU

Yep, that would also be very convenient.