• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Transit Retexturing Project - Development

Started by deathtopumpkins, October 17, 2008, 04:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un1

Nice work on the texture deathtopumpkins!  :thumbsup:

-un1

Page 2!

Diggis

Quote from: un1 on October 21, 2008, 06:11:53 PM
A little teaser...

-un1

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but directional transit textures like this are a problem because the game will flip it it to suit it's needs, leaving the road markings on the wrong side of the road.  Check out the diagonal rail crossing street (I think it is) for the maxis streets to see what I mean/  Draw it with the diagonal going both ways and it flips the texture.

deathtopumpkins

I should have caught that un1. That's why with the avenues I said to let me do the textures.  ;)
And thanks.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Heblem

Well I did some retexturing while ago, you count with my help for re-styling it... already i did something like that sometime ago with LBT...

Hope is not a problem posting this...

Btw you can download it at LEX and use this for help or to your set, just avoid doing the same work that someone already did...

deathtopumpkins

Heblem: No problem at all! :) Those are great textures, and so I'd love to have your help on this... un1's the one doing roads, so I'd wait and see what he says though.
And if we used them, would you mind if we did a little tweaking, such as the yellow color for the lines?

STATUS UPDATE: I have completed a few random textures, and have fixed a few problems I found with the ortho textures, but nothing major to report.

un1

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on November 10, 2008, 03:21:27 PM
Heblem: No problem at all! :) Those are great textures, and so I'd love to have your help on this... un1's the one doing roads, so I'd wait and see what he says though.

I say...

Welcome!  :thumbsup:

-un1

Heblem

Yes you can modify them  :thumbsup: so you earn the job for it... just remmeber give me some credit, if this project gets done, ill try to lock the current download and set as a "update" your new set ;)

Just a suggestion, make as separate dats the avenue, road, street, and FHW re-styling so people can pick which they want...

deathtopumpkins

Heblem: Thanks a lot! Of course you'll get credit! And I already have the dats seperate... makes it easier for us.  ;)

Haljackey

Finally made my way over here.

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on November 02, 2008, 06:48:40 PM
Well after some discussion with haljackey in chat, I've got an updated orthogonal texture for FHW:

The line spacing is based off of photos of the 401 in Ontario.
The final version should be available with or without the shoulder, if I can manage it.

Excellent, glad you considered my suggestion.  Going "shoulderless" should make it more uniform (I.e. overpasses, curves, transitions, etc), but having shoulders can be more realistic.  Glad you are giving us a choice!  I personally use the RHW when I want shoulders.

Good luck with your endeavors!  I'll be watching this thread from now on.

Best,
-Haljackey

deathtopumpkins

Haljackey: Ehh... having a few problems with the shoulderless version, but the shouldered appears to be working fine. I only have ortho textures done right now, but they're in-game. I'll keep you posted.

OK, I know it's been a while, but I've made some progress:

With the greatly appreciated assistance of Alex (Tarkus) in ST chat tonight, I managed to finally get the corners sorted out. Over the holidays I plan to copy that over to all the other wealth textures, and work on a mod requested by newyorkrunaway1 at Simtropolis.

Announcement: I am going to do a small alpha release when the rest of the curve textures are completed, so I can see what other people think after seeing the textures in-game, so drop me a PM or email if you want a copy. They should be out by January 5th at the latest.

Tarkus

DTP, I'm glad I was able to assist--that Avenue curve is looking quite nice with the new line there!  I'm looking forward to seeing what else you come up with. :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

Haljackey

A test version eh?  Count me in, sounds great!

Oh, and have yourself a Merry Christmas DTP!

All the best,
-Haljackey

sim-al2

I've got as few network-related beta tests on my platter, so go ahead and count me in too. ;)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

deathtopumpkins

OK, I worked a little bit more setting up the textures for the outer part of that curve tonight, but nothing significant to report.

Alex, Hal, and sim-al2, I'll add you to the list.

Thanks again Alex!

And you too Haljackey!

dedgren

Add me, too, please, dtp.  This looks pretty interesting.  I sure know how how much work is involved and don't envy you and the other folks working on this.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

HEY DTP I would be more then willing to test out for ya's as well!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

deathtopumpkins

Ohh grrr...

I recently had some frustration doing this (I couldn't find the .fsh I needed to finish the curve, so I'm converting ALL the .fsh ), so it will, as you've all probably noticed, take a bit longer than originally planned... I do still hope to have an alpha out to all of you who've requested here or at ST soon, I just need to finish a few more textures first.

If anyone would like to help speed up the .fsh conversion, send me a PM, please.  :)

David and Pat, I'll be sure to send you guys a copy.  ;)

Pat

DTP take your time its better to have quality over quanity!!! I wish I knew what I was doing to give a hand here but when it comes to textures I dont know jack....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Toichus Maximus

I'm currently sitting on a folder full of GLR pngs retextured to the sandstone texture. Been waiting for some instruction from NAM for 2 months now...

Andreas

Quote from: Toichus Maximus on January 26, 2009, 09:00:37 AM
I'm currently sitting on a folder full of GLR pngs retextured to the sandstone texture. Been waiting for some instruction from NAM for 2 months now...

What exactly do you need to know?
Andreas