• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Change Seasonal to Evergreen

Started by Mikey Knox, November 04, 2016, 06:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey Knox

Hello

I would like to know how i can change the Parameters for Tree Lots to always show the Evergreen Models. I have some really nice Lots now but they are all Sesonal and i use a Evergreen Tree Controller so they really stand out :)

Can i change that in PIMx and how?

Thx

art128

You have to edit them manually as far as I know. Easiest would be to open them in the pimx, delete the seasons props you don't want and save the lot.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Unfortunately I don't think there's an easy answer to that. If you use Arthur's method, from my understanding, you'd also have to delete the summer props and replace them with evergreen ones. I can sympathize with enjoying the evergreen look but still have to say it might be worth your while to try going seasonal for everything--variety is the spice of life and the autumn colors made possible by the trees around these days are quite something.

Andreas

T Wrecks made an "Endless Summer" mod for Cycledogg's trees, which does just what you want: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23655-cycledogg-trees-non-seasonal/ To cover additionals/newer trees, you'd have to apply the same modding, which is, IIRC, editing the RKT1 property of each tree prop, pointing in to the summer model ID. Quite a bit of work as well, but at least the change in the game would be instant, without any lot editing necessary.
Andreas

Mikey Knox

Thx Guys for all the Answers, the Mod Andreas mentioned did the Trick  :thumbsup:

mgb204

Yes, I favour the approach mentioned by Andreas too, well I would, if I didn't favour seasonal trees  :P