• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show Us Your... Car

Started by nerdly_dood, February 11, 2009, 04:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_EEND

this is the car I currently drive:

it's a 2002 Honda Jazz (Fit in some countries) 1.2 petrol. It's actually a rather nice car, it has a very small turning circle, which makes it great to take corners (haven't experienced understeer even though it's FWD)

I should add that it's not mine, it's my mom's car
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Andreas

Andreas

zero7

VW Scirocco - replaced the MX5 I had previously.  Pictures taken on the moors above Settle in North Yorkshire.

Call me Richard

nerdly_dood

Yup, in the US they call it the Fit. Also, the US version often has body-color headlight backing parts (what exactly are they called?) that are black on the Euro version WC_EEND posted.

Personally I think having the same colors inside the headlights looks pretty bad:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

callagrafx

Been after one of these for 10 years now...and finally succumbed in June this year  $%Grinno$%

Not very practical with two young children but hey, they love it too  :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Pat

ooo Lee that is great car man!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nerdly_dood

not bad! too bad GM couldn't sell Saab, looks like the brand is going to be cut off just as their models are starting to look good. The early-90s ones with the gigantic headlights are HORRIBLE, but when they shrunk the headlights it was a great help, and now the one you have looks marvelous.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

j-dub

Lets not get started on GM. They made the mistake of keeping both Buick and Cadillac, when they should of kept one of these three: Pontiac, Saturn, and Saab, instead of hanging on to Buick. Cadillac is cool enough for younger people though, and Buick just only appeals to old people. Now I know the GM/Chrysler merger fell apart, but if only they could of maybe sold Pontiac to Chrysler Automotive, or something, because Chrysler, another car company, after instead being bought out by Fiat, they will not have cars for a giant period of time, mostly just trucks. Fiat can not bring cars into the US, until they meet US safety standards, and thats not happening anytime soon.

I got to say, after not being able to fit giant 56 inch flat pannel TV's in these American crossovers, they brought it on themselves with doing bad in the auto market, real stupid dropping the roof down in the back of these GM crossovers, that you can't fit these TV's in there, because you can not lay the TV flat, due to how narrow, and fragile the glass is. Take the Traverse from Chevy for example, sloping that roof down, making the door height smaller, big mistake, which backfires on that commercial against Honda. I got the TV in the Pilot safely up right, but not the Chevy Traverse. So these US car companies, need to rethink, and redo their models fast, otherwise we mostly will not be posting US autos in here real soon, GM seems to only be down to final 4 auto makers left. The funny thing is both GM and Chrysler got their start from Ford in the early 1900's. Chrysler, a man alone, I learned worked for Ford, and Oldsmobile as a company, which used to be GM automaker a long time ago, was the company that could of been Ford, but Henry Ford refused to have his new car ready, so they went their own way, resulting in Ford going his own way, and end up having the American car company that is defeating his former associates to this date. What a shame. Speaking of a shame, hopefully no one ends up having pictures of their car totaled this winter.

nerdly_dood

I would think GM would be best off with Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick and Cadillac - a base brand, a sporty brand, a semiluxury brand, and an über-classy brand.

Buick is one of their best sellers in China - it's a similar effect to how a Mercedes or a BMW is a pretty mundane thing to Germans, but to Americans, it's a really really nice ride - Americans don't think much of a Buick, but to Chinese drivers, they're really classy.

I'll have to agree on you with crossovers and their low back ends - maybe if they go that route, we'll need something like a Chevy Express to get a TV home. (But if TVs keep getting bigger, they won't fit in much of ANY normal-size vehicle, not a SUV or a minivan)

A few good threads from SkyScraperCity to see other people's opinions:

All about cars - domestic and imported (North American off-topic)

Infrastructure and mobility (Worldwide subforum)

World cars (Worldwide off-topic)

WC_EEND

It would've been great if Koenigsegg actually would have bought Saab, most likely Saabs would become as mad as possible instead of quite sensible.

My LOT thread                                    

callagrafx

Quote from: j-dub on December 15, 2009, 11:45:21 AM
Lets not get started on GM. They made the mistake of keeping both Buick and Cadillac, when they should of kept one of these three: Pontiac, Saturn, and Saab, instead of hanging on to Buick. Cadillac is cool enough for younger people though, and Buick just only appeals to old people. Now I know the GM/Chrysler merger fell apart, but if only they could of maybe sold Pontiac to Chrysler Automotive, or something, because Chrysler, another car company, after instead being bought out by Fiat, they will not have cars for a giant period of time, mostly just trucks. Fiat can not bring cars into the US, until they meet US safety standards, and thats not happening anytime soon.

I got to say, after not being able to fit giant 56 inch flat pannel TV's in these American crossovers, they brought it on themselves with doing bad in the auto market, real stupid dropping the roof down in the back of these GM crossovers, that you can't fit these TV's in there, because you can not lay the TV flat, due to how narrow, and fragile the glass is. Take the Traverse from Chevy for example, sloping that roof down, making the door height smaller, big mistake, which backfires on that commercial against Honda. I got the TV in the Pilot safely up right, but not the Chevy Traverse. So these US car companies, need to rethink, and redo their models fast, otherwise we mostly will not be posting US autos in here real soon, GM seems to only be down to final 4 auto makers left. The funny thing is both GM and Chrysler got their start from Ford in the early 1900's. Chrysler, a man alone, I learned worked for Ford, and Oldsmobile as a company, which used to be GM automaker a long time ago, was the company that could of been Ford, but Henry Ford refused to have his new car ready, so they went their own way, resulting in Ford going his own way, and end up having the American car company that is defeating his former associates to this date. What a shame. Speaking of a shame, hopefully no one ends up having pictures of their car totaled this winter.

Don't stores deliver in the US?  :D :D

As for Saab...It'll probably end up in the hands of the Chinese for next to nothing.  As long as I can get spares when needed, I don't really care who owns it.

Quote from: WC_EEND on December 15, 2009, 02:34:37 PM
It would've been great if Koenigsegg actually would have bought Saab, most likely Saabs would become as mad as possible instead of quite sensible.

Although they're perceived as "sensible", when driven aggressively they are incredibly responsive and nimble, especially for such a heavy car. 
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

WC_EEND

Quote from: callagrafx on December 15, 2009, 04:25:58 PM
Although they're perceived as "sensible", when driven aggressively they are incredibly responsive and nimble, especially for such a heavy car. 

I can imagine that, but I still don't think they're as mental as a Koenigsegg (remember The Stig in the CCX)

My LOT thread                                    

callagrafx

That's true....nothing's THAT mental.  Interesting that a performance car company built and tested the CCX without realising it needed downforce at the back