• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

b_schlurf's BAT_Werkstatt

Started by beutelschlurf, February 20, 2009, 02:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

are the building i've made in the right scale?

yes, they are!
no, dude there not!

buddybud

Thats some great work here. Please keep it up! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Wow! Wonderful work, beutelschlurf!

You're doing a fantastic job--keep it up!

Dustin

Sciurus

Excellent work, I think it'll be in one of my city! ;D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

beutelschlurf

moin everybody,

first i have to thank you for following this thread ...
to baconrocky: still working on in ... to be honest, modeling is more fun than to find out how to put it on the lex, but it will, promise!  ()stsfd()
to gwail: you see my workhorse isn't that powerful for doing a job like 1501 broadway ... ()testing()

but for your purpose this might be interisting for you
the new project i'm doing is 45 East 20th Street ... in NEW YORK  %BUd%
12 stories and on a lot of 2 by 1

that what is gonna look like
cu!

b_schlurf

Orange_o_

yes it's a good choice for a new project :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

SimFox

Modeling is beautiful! Sense of proportions is superb!
But there are some little problems with texturing/materials. If you look at the shadow side of the day views (the red brick one) it is just totaly black! You should do preview on a non_black background as to be aware of overall brightness levels.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture

beutelschlurf

moin everybody,

thanks for the replies!
to SimFox: the dark color is because it's a very dark brown_redish color ... to look more old. like around 1900s. or do you mean the one one the rooftop?

so now it's time for a view on my progress, i think!

so here it is, still just the frontview ...  :'(
took quiete a while!
for now i'm working on the other sides and on the rooftop ...

cheers

b_schlurf

p.s. i think that building is allmost to much for my maschine, ... hart to handle the model ()testing() and there still no textures on it! &mmm

WillG_75

If you're done with the model, save a backup and convert the whole model to an editable poly. It will make it much easier on your machine

thundercrack83

Looking good, beutelschlurf!

I hope you're able to get your computer problems sorted out, though.

Good luck!

Dustin

spa

That's a great looking model. Very nicely detailed.

beutelschlurf

moin everybody,

had problems with exporting from gmax, but sorted it out, thanxfully!  ()stsfd()
took me and others two days! thanks to them by the way!

now it's time for an update of 45 East 20th Street!  %BUd%

only the textures to do!

thanx
b_schlurf

btw. plan to have the buildings on the lex!

turtle

Hi beutelschlurf,

Very beautiful buildings you've made. I look forward to have them in the game  :)
good to hear you sorted your computer issues

turtle
My name is Thomas...

beutelschlurf

moin guys,

to turtle: thanx a lot, is good to have more choices for older downtown_buildings.  :P

here a little update: 45 East 20th Street

still to do: texture from the walls, advert is to green, could fade more, i think.
anything else?
thanks for any suggestions!  :thumbsup:

b_schlurf

mightygoose

the ground level windows need work, they are too blue and too opaque for such large panels... the doors also look a bit painted on both are minor concerns but overall a very well executed piece.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

kimcar

i agree with mightygoose about the windows and door. The rest of the building is very well done   &apls &apls

homefryes

b_schlurf: This is some fantastic work you're doing here. I hadn't yet checked out your thread until today, and I'm very glad I did. Once I start developing the cities in my region (with commercial), these buildings will look terrific there. They have a great "old" feel that I'm looking for. Keep up the great work!

-- Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

vester

The brick kind of a blur. Try to make the texture bigger.

spa

Looking good. Most the texturing is really well done. The old ads and the outline of a vanished neighbouring building are great touches. The roof stuff is well done and textured and I like the stone front with all its details. I think though that your window glass really drags this one down. It's so flat and bland it hurts the rest of the model. Try and add some variety to the blue. Doesn't have to be strong, but right now it's just so flat. I think Vester is right about the brick too. It's generally best to exagerate the size of bricks on building's so that they don't end up as just a blur in Sim City's limited world. This one is looking good and with just a few texture tweaks it'll be ready to go.

Sciurus

This BAT is very beautifull &apls &apls

Guillaume ;)
L'atelier d'architecture