• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

b_schlurf's BAT_Werkstatt

Started by beutelschlurf, February 20, 2009, 02:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

are the building i've made in the right scale?

yes, they are!
no, dude there not!

mightygoose

sweet work man, very nice stuff.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

BarbarossaS

Like the textures so far! Can't wait to see it finished.

Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

-Stijn-

Another great building b_schlurf  :thumbsup:

Quote from: beutelschlurf on April 29, 2009, 09:53:28 AM
maybe you guys got some ideas!

How about outlines of a building that used be next to it and right on top of those lines some graffiti art, so it looks like they were standing on the roof of the gone building? This way you can add graffiti higher up a wall without it looking unrealistic I think.

I'm looking forward what you come up with  :)

Cheers!
Pjotr

beutelschlurf

moin everybody,

"moin regular guests"  ;)
mightygoose: thanx again for droping by and makeing a coment!  :thumbsup:
BarbarossaS: cheers mate, ... hope to finish even more buildings in the future!
131080: thats a good idea which i will take in serious consideration. i used it on 45 East 20th Street already ... so after the current going without ...  i will do it for the next W2W building, i promise!

so for now ... here is a finished building!

42-44 Bond Street  %BUd%

as you can see the groundfloor looks quite different to the original ... i changed the look to have it more older_looking  :P
hope you like it?

next thing could be another building (wich will be one of New York, of course) or i'm gonna complete the stuff i've already done, to have them on the LEX
i bet you prefer the last suggestion! let me know ...

thanx to everybody!
b_schlurf

baconrocky

I like your last suggestion! I couldn't handle you making another AMAZING BAT until I am able to put some of your buildings in my city, your creations are such a tease so far becasue they are awesome and I know exactly where to put them in my city.

BarbarossaS

Nice work on finishing the building, I really like the way it turned out!  :thumbsup:
The older looking look gives it that little extra  ;D

As for what's up next: it's a rather difficult choice: on the one hand I'm dying to have your buildings in my city, so I'd like you to take them to the LEX. On the other hand, if you make more buildings before you apply for the LEX, we'll have even more excellent buildings to enjoy!

-Stijn-

mightygoose

maybe a wider building in a similar style. with some kind of large arch on the front?
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

buddybud

i love the old/gritty style ya got going here....beautiful work.

bud

Howling

Wow! Beautiful buildings! Your textures are excellent, the details beautiful and the buildings you choose to model awesome! We need more buildings like these - watertowers! Yes! :D

Great job, can't wait to use them!  &apls
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

B Man Stan

I love these buildings and cant wait to place them in my city! Please upload so we can use them! You are really good at batting and these building are very nice because there are not too many people doing new york style buildings like you. And the quality of your work is inspiring.

beutelschlurf

moin guys,

first: 96 Spring Street is available on STEX
sorry for being absent lately and in the future, but university is keeping me very busy!

baconrocky: thanx, the first bat is available on STEX now, plopable, at least a start ... hope to get it growable too!
Stijn: ... don't worry, you'll get it! cheers!
mightygoose: ... like your suggestion of a wider building and have choosen one, ... but for now without the big arch
buddybud: thanx mate, you doing a great job too!
Howling: thanks a lot!
B Man Stan: cheers mate, and welcome to SD4C, hope you will enjoy you membership!

if i got some time to spent in the future you will get this building ...
The Grabler Building (New York)  %BUd%

cheers
b_schlurf

edit: cheers for your suggestions B Man Stan, but you came about 2 minutes to late ... but i think you will like my choice ...  :P

B Man Stan

wow, nice choice. Id love to see you do it!

Howling

wow great choice! Can't wait to see it! How's lotting the buildings? Do you need a hand in that? Making them growable and/or ploppable?
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

beutelschlurf

moin guys,

i need some help: i followed the tutorial over at simtropolis how to make a growable lot for spring street 96, but somehow it won't grow in my city. its has a grow stage of 7 and the demand is there to let it grow, but ... i don't know. i had my plug in files cleared and the maxis blocker was activated. maybe there are other methods of testing if it works.

... some progress:
i'm already working on the gambler building ...

still have to do the roof_stuff, the window_blinds and texturing ...

cheers
b_schlurf

pingangster

I really love your stuff, and this one is no exception :thumbsup:. Great job.
-Pingangster

beutelschlurf

moin everybody,

thanks a lot for your interest!
btw. there is the next building for the STEX! 72 5th Avenue which is located in  ...  %BUd%

to pingangster: glad you like it!

had some progress with the Gambler Building!

... still some things to do!

... and here another building of New York. Let's see if you can guess wich one! a clue: it's close to union square ...

cheers
b_schlurf

just_a_guy

Wow, impressive attention to details on buildings. Looks really nice so far.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

Gwail

I'm thrilled any time I see your new post here in the "new replies list", beutelschlurf, wondering how will you amaze me this time. And I'm never dissapointed :). Your modelling skills are great... and you make me want to start modelling as well   :thumbsup:.

The new building is West 14th St and 5th Ave, I guess.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

DebussyMan

That last pic is amazing. Can't wait to see it finished  :o

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0