• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

mcdrye - B.A.T. it again

Started by mcdrye, May 21, 2009, 04:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcdrye

Hey there! You may remember me disappearing a while ago but I'm back. I was asked to present my BAT workings on SC4Devotion so this thread will give you a peek at my current projects. You can check out my <a href="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=37&threadid=105294&enterthread=y" target="_blank">previous progress here</a>.
In case you missed it at Simtropolis I've created some popular BATs, mainly the Underground Car Park. Check them out at the <a href="http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?p=files&keyword=mcdrye&view=all" target="_blank">STEX for now</a>.

I'm currently working on a sub-surface rail pack that will compliment my sub surface rail station (and future stations)

The picture below shows what I have so far. Ignore the dark shadow issues which is just LOD issues I can fix. I'm currently working on a 3x3 90degree turn. The first pack I'll release will include the 1x1 Straight, 1x1 End (Type1), 1x10 Rail to SSRail (long I know but anything shorter looks unrealistic), as shown, and the 3x3 90 turn.

Future packs will expand on the idea. I intend these lots to be eye candy.
What do you think so far?

thundercrack83

Hello, mcdrye!

Excellent stuff, my friend--I am a huge fan of your work! The new underground rail pieces look fantastic, and I can't wait to see more from them!

I'll be keeping an eye on things here for sure!

Dustin

wes.janson

Welcome to SC4D.

I can't wait to get my grubby hands on that underground rail, it looks fantastic.  &apls

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

vershner

Hi there! Good to see you over here.

These bats are looking great. Can't see any problems other than the lod issues.
Would it be possible to release an additional version with just the walls? So that they could be plopped alongside sunken networks?

Pat

Welcome over to SC4D Mcdrye!!! loving what you have been doing so far!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Wow....that looks fantastic.  You have one more fan, especially if you keep this up.  That under ground rail looks great.  I really hope you'll consider doing more.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

sithlrd98

Great to see you over here...I've been following your stuff at ST...but you already knew that..(Done with them stairs yet? ;D)

Quote from: vershner on May 21, 2009, 04:55:27 PM
Would it be possible to release an additional version with just the walls? So that they could be plopped alongside sunken networks?

Ooh , I never thought of that...that's a good idea!

Jayson

mcdrye

Thanks for the comments guys!  $%Grinno$%

I have been trying out a sunken wall version, but I still need to learn more about how to do this kind of lot and I would like to focus on the other type for now.

Here is another SSR piece that I have started that will be released in the future, a single track junction. The picture is quite old as there are no longer 'ends' (apart from the diagonal junction track)  as you decide what follows the junction piece.

deathtopumpkins

Whoa, this is some FANTASTIC work! Incredible!

Though one question about the transition shown in the first post: Any thoughts of making it subway-GLR? I would love to have my subway trains use these lots.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

jeronij

Hello and welcome mcdrye  :thumbsup:

I recall some lodding works with the ug parking  ::)  ;)

Excellent new designs. I just can hope to see more and more  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mcdrye

Update!: I'm finally getting somewhere with the 90 degree bend puzzle piece after re-starting from scratch. Unfortunately, in order to make the track look correct at the ends, there is a straight piece at each end. The lot itself though is only 1x1, under one end. Still some aligning issues etc but what do you think?

thundercrack83

What do I think? Extraordinary!

Keep up the fantastic work, mcdrye!

Dustin

vershner

Fantastic! The straight bit at the end is no problem. It's not like anything should be immediately after a curve anyway.

Nexis4Jersey

Omg , these look incredible  :thumbsup:, just one question are there going to over head wires?

mcdrye

@Nexis4Jersey - No there won't be overhead lines though that is a future possibility. They are modeled on London Underground tracks where electric 4-rail is used, I have modeled the electric rails, which you'll see with HD zoom6

sithlrd98

What a piece of engineering! That is awesome work you've done there! I see a lot of potential with these.

Jayson

mcdrye

sithlrd98

Picked up eyes , put back in...wiped drool off mouth.... That looks awesome!

Jayson

just_a_guy

Woah, I could almost swear thats a RL photo! That's just how awesome it is! This will be neat when completed.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

CabraBuitre

Glad you're showing this here!  I can't access Simtrop anymore since the upgrade... won't take my firefox browser without crashing.

Check out Abelfarei!