• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

There may also be people confusing RHW Version 3, the next release, and RHW-3, the network, which was last seen in August:

Rather ironically, the RHW-3 is not in RHW Version 3 in any form.  The main issue that prevented its inclusion was an issue with the Starter Drag method I was using on it, which was interfering with RHW-6S/C functionality.  It will, however, make its way into a future release, which I'm sure those of us seeking to build "climbing lanes" on mountainous RHW-2s (me :D), and our Swedish userbase, looking to build those 2+1 "budget motorways", will appreciate.

The Elevated functionality will gradually increase as work progresses on future versions as well.  There's really an infinite number of directions I could take development on the next few versions.  That's kind of both the blessing and the curse of this project--it's so expansive that it encompasses so much and means many different things to many different people.  

It's likely I'll focus on one type of addition for each successive release--one might expand the Ramp Interface repertory, or Curves, or increase draggable diagonal functionality, etc.  No more year-long monolithic things like Version 3. ;)  There's also that . . . other project . . . I need to get back to (and in fact, may already have gotten back to ;)), too.  

-Alex (Tarkus)

A200

Why is RHW3 on the top post then in the list of network capacities...?  :satisfied:

Tarkus

Quote from: A200 on January 11, 2009, 05:36:32 PM
Why is RHW3 on the top post then in the list of network capacities...?  :satisfied:

Good question.  I had it up there since it will eventually be coming, but perhaps to cut down on any confusion/questions, I'll take it out for now. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Patricius Maximus

Thanks for the information, and the release plan sounds great. Here's to no more monolithic releases  &apls.

sim_link

The RHW looks great, can't say it enough. ;) Like the idea of smaller, more frequent releases that focus on one specific area.

b22rian

Quote from: Tarkus on January 11, 2009, 05:22:31 PM

The Elevated functionality will gradually increase as work progresses on future versions as well.  There's really an infinite number of directions I could take development on the next few versions.  That's kind of both the blessing and the curse of this project--it's so expansive that it encompasses so much and means many different things to many different people.  

It's likely I'll focus on one type of addition for each successive release--one might expand the Ramp Interface repertory, or Curves, or increase draggable diagonal functionality, etc.  No more year-long monolithic things like Version 3. ;)  There's also that . . . other project . . . I need to get back to (and in fact, may already have gotten back to ;)), too.  

-Alex (Tarkus)

Really the way this turns out is just great alex...
As you mentioned there is just so much content coming with the release of RHW 3.0...
So that pretty much speaks for itself I think..
But than as you said that in turn leaves a lot of areas sorta "open -ended"...
But than you can satisfy those of your chosing but doing the smaller releases that can follow..
each of these areas will be important in their own riight .
those looking for something more specific will simply have to wait their turns..
its really a great way I think to go about it..

thanks, Brian

WC_EEND

too bad the RHW-3 is out, we actually have alot of similar roads in Belgium
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

el_cozu

is there gonna be any concrete style textures for the RHW??

i've seen in the US... even here in mexico... come main highways or toll roads have now concrete... instead of dark asphalt...

Patricius Maximus

The dark asphalt textures will be the only ones included with the RHW by default when it is released. There are no concrete textures in the works now.

However, a texture mod could be created for the concrete textures. It is possible, but no one is doing it now.

bob56

will the RHW be available for Mac on RHW day, or later?

great work by the way!  :thumbsup:

Thanks!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

JoeST

bob56: I would say it probably is, as all thats different is that the windows one has an installer, the mac one is just in a zip (or something)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

darraghf

I would nearly definately say the the mac version will be out on the same day as the windows version
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Tarkus

Yes, I can confirm the Mac Version will get released on the same day. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

redraider147

so anyone else noticed that Alex's CML no longer says "imminent?" does this mean imminence is no longer imminent? or that it is more imminent than we realize?

kj3400

That probably means the calm before the storm...of downloads of RHW 3.0 that is.  ::)
Or, alternately, he's gotten tired of the word.  :P
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Patricius Maximus

Perhaps it is closer than imminent (according to the Tarkusian dictionary  ::))

metarvo

Can't you all just imagine Alex reading this and laughing?  $%Grinno$%  I know he's having the time of his life playing these games with us.  I mean, we're noticing every little thing now.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

girlfromverona

LOL! It's a little like the Da Vinci Code, looking for clues where they don't exist.  :D

just_a_guy

Hi, first time posting here but i've been following the thread for a while now. So i just wanted to give my thanks to Alex and everyone who has been
working on this because it;s really awesome and and completely changes the way we play the game.

and I really doubt that he's playing games with us (although reading the last few pages is funny to see how anxious people are over the release). He's just working hard making it as best as it can be (hopefully)
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

BigSlark

Quote from: just_a_guy on January 12, 2009, 07:46:17 PM
Hi, first time posting here but i've been following the thread for a while now. So i just wanted to give my thanks to Alex and everyone who has been
working on this because it;s really awesome and and completely changes the way we play the game.

and I really doubt that he's playing games with us (although reading the last few pages is funny to see how anxious people are over the release). He's just working hard making it as best as it can be (hopefully)

Welcome to SC4D, just_a_guy and yes, you are correct in assuming that a lot of final touches are being put on RHW 3.0 and that no games are being played with anyone.

Cheers,
Kevin