• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darraghf

I doubt that anyone would want to create them for the minority that want to use them. I for one, prefer the darker textures as they look more realistic where I live.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

shysoo

yutian

quackmofro

I seem to be having a slight problem with the RHW 3.2 right now. I want to connect the RHW-4 and the diagonal MIS piece shown using the B-style ramp:

However, when cycling through the various entrance and exit directions, it doesn't seem to be available. In fact, cycling through once from this direction:

Yields this:

Also, while cycling through the directions in the A-style diagonal ramps, I noticed that a particular direction of an entrance ramp was missing. Naturally, the piece in question is the same one that shows up when cycling through the B-style directions.

I've tried un- and reinstalling the NAM and RHW numerous times, used the NAM Cleanitol file, and cycled through the other various RHW interchanges, transitions, etc. to look for the missing piece, but so far I've had no luck. I'm not sure if this is a problem that anyone else might have had or is previously, addressed in this thread, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

nerdly_dood

Try hovering the B-exit directly over your RHW-4 where you want to have the exit ramp and see if that helps.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

pilotdaryl

Actually, I think that second picture you showed us is the piece.  Just press the home and end buttons a few times to rotate it and get an exit instead of an entrance. ;)

quackmofro

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Quote from: nerdly_dood on July 01, 2009, 10:38:43 AM
Try hovering the B-exit directly over your RHW-4 where you want to have the exit ramp and see if that helps.

I already tried that, unfortunately. It only shows the entrance ramp for that direction of traffic. When I try it over the opposite-bound lanes, though, it cycles between the exit and entrance ramps without a problem.

Quote from: pilotdaryl on July 01, 2009, 10:39:03 AM
Actually, I think that second picture you showed us is the piece.  Just press the home and end buttons a few times to rotate it and get an exit instead of an entrance. ;)

Yes it is, but it's not facing the correct direction for me. When I do rotate through the directions, it seems to skip the direction that I am really needing and instead gives me the A-style diagonal ramp shown in the third picture, which is the confusing part.

It's a minor problem, really; I can just use an A-style exit for the ramp. However, I need to know if it's just an issue with how I installed it or if anyone else is also encountering this.

JoeST

I believe it has been pointed out before somewhere, it is a mistake in the controller file. All the NAM's have to be updated for it to be fixed.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

I can confirm what Joe said.  There was an error in some of the RUL copying between the controllers when compiling the final build that caused that.  The problem is very easy to fix, but it requires updating the NAM Controller file again.  We had been waiting to see if there were any other issues floating around with anything NAM-wise, though, before doing anything on that end, so we don't have to re-update everything multiple times.

And speaking of that end of things, I realize things have been a little quiet here on this thread . . . that's because I've been working on actually re-writing/re-organizing the RHW Override RULs.  It's not really much to look at in-game, particularly but once you finally get your hands on it, you'll find that things are a great deal more stable.  The way things will be set up with the new RULs will also aid greatly in adding a few anticipated features as well. ;)

-Alex

wes.janson

Nice to see you're still working on it Alex.. wouldn't want us to have to start cracking the whip.  ;D

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

quackmofro

Quote from: JoeST on July 01, 2009, 11:38:38 AM
I believe it has been pointed out before somewhere, it is a mistake in the controller file. All the NAM's have to be updated for it to be fixed.

Joe

Quote from: Tarkus on July 01, 2009, 12:26:53 PM
I can confirm what Joe said.  There was an error in some of the RUL copying between the controllers when compiling the final build that caused that.  The problem is very easy to fix, but it requires updating the NAM Controller file again.  We had been waiting to see if there were any other issues floating around with anything NAM-wise, though, before doing anything on that end, so we don't have to re-update everything multiple times.

All right, I understand now. Thanks! And excellent work as always.

City

I love the RHW. Trust me, it is a revolution.  &apls  :thumbsup:

Now, here's what I think we should have in the RHW.

1. RHW MISC (divided MIS ramps close together), 4C, and 8C
2. Standard Freeway ramps to MIS
3. RHW-8 to 6 (one lane comes off into a MIS ramp)
Not just any city, THE City

Blue Lightning

City,

1. RHWMISC might be made. 4C will most likely not (theres little to compact it even more), and 8C does not exist, but there is the 8R which is similar.
2. Not sure
3. That is either being made or is planned

Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

SusanMarie1956

Since the computer crashed (again) and I've restored SC4 back only using the latest NAM controllers and RHW 3.23, I'm experiencing two things. The first as mentioned above that the "B" exit will not orient itself to the highway in one particular direction. (Southbound) It doesn't happen all the time but in certain parts of the maps.
I've delibertly kept things to a minimum until I build a more permanent backup solution should the computer go belly up again. 

So I'm pretty sure it's not a conflict with other pieces of SC4 that are used in the game.

The other problem happens on the B exit of the RHW 6S... A lot of traffic used this ramp. You can see the cars approaching that section of highway, and then they disappear. Only to reappear on the MIS. Minor issue, I know, but it bugs me. Any speculations? Or is a result of the Nam Controllers again?
-Susan Marie

Andreas

There's a small bug in the NAM Controller, which I have fixed already. If there aren't any more bug reports, I'll upload an update this weekend.
Andreas

deathtopumpkins

I would like to announce that I have made my first puzzle piece for the RHW:

It's a piece that I have found a number of uses for in my cities, including center exits or an HOV entrance.
Textures and modding were all completed by me with the valued aid of Vince (Blue Lightning).

EDIT: And now here's a shot of it used in an actual built city, illustrating one of its uses:
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Blue Lightning

Connor (deathtopumpkins),

Congrats! I guess my hours (more like 2 1/2 days :P ) of teaching you this stuff wasn't in vain! :thumbsup:

I personally would love to use such a piece also in my cities. And you really do have a talent for creating new textures from an existing set (and probably from scratch too).

Yay!
Vince

EDITHey, it got you a K-point, Vince.  Thanks for your hard work! -DE
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

choco

Toichus Maximus

swat-medic

Congratulations! You're really coming along in the modding world. :thumbsup: