• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: MOREOPTIONS on May 26, 2010, 01:26:00 PM
::) Hello everyone,  Sorry to bother you, but on the topic of RHW,. have you seen that theres missing tunnel openings on the RealHighway's.  and are you working on that also?  I haven't found that i am missing any plug in or parts to the nam set.  and i also re installed everything to be sure,. I backed it all up and freshly installed starting with your 2010set.  Cleanitol is un able to catch anything missing.  hope someone can let me know what i may not be getting

Outside that,. your doing a great job....  and thank you

The lack of tunnel opening is a known issue with no known solution, as described in the FAQ that io_bg pointed out. 

The tunnel functionality is hardcoded in the .exe and does not allow for functioning "traditional" tunnels for the RHW network (as well as a couple other networks)--there's nothing we can do, unfortunately.  However, the game's default slope settings for the RHW allow the broken tunnel to be built.  If you want to avoid having those broken tunnels show up, I'd recommend installing a slope mod of some sort that prevents that.  My personal favorite is Ennedi's, which is on the LEX.

To build a functioning tunnel, convert to a network that does support proper tunneling just before the spot where you want the tunnel, or use the FLUPs system.

Quote from: JayroBR on May 26, 2010, 01:06:04 PM
I found this little bug now. And I found it strange because I've never seen anyone talk about it until the very moment. And sorry for my bad English.

Your English is actually very good. :thumbsup:  The models for that are actually contained in the High Speed Rail mod, so it's technically an HSR issue--it likely has to do with the fact that we changed the IID of the darkened RHW-4 texture used on puzzle pieces, as the previous IID was going to get in the way of the eventual 22.5m ERHW.

Quote from: Cracks on May 26, 2010, 11:24:19 AM
if you want a request then a transition from mis to OWR-1 (from NWM) would also be not to bad.

That is definitely planned for a future release--it'll probably be integrated into the NWM.

-Alex

schm0

Quote from: Tarkus on May 25, 2010, 02:43:27 PM
I just checked that here on my end--tried placing it on some rather steep hills and it worked fine, though I had Ennedi's Slope Mod in my Plugins . . . I'm wondering if perhaps this may be Slope Mod-related? 

I thought so to, until I removed all plugins except a fresh NAM install and a fresh RHW install. Nothing else. :(

I think for the time being I'll just have to be satisfied with placing one puzzle piece at a time, saving, and repeating the process. It's just going to take roughly 327 times as long to use the RHW2.  :'(

I am going for the option of last resort. Deleting my region and starting over. It's not that I had that much to begin with, so, fellow builders, do not fret.

EDIT: Problem solved. (?) :) Might have been some legacy RHW in there, and of course I didn't install the legacy support file. Not sure why I didn't think of that. Ok, the next post in this thread will be a screenshot of the glorious highways I will build!
schm0

JayroBR

Quote from: Tarkus on May 26, 2010, 02:15:01 PM
Your English is actually very good. :thumbsup:  The models for that are actually contained in the High Speed Rail mod, so it's technically an HSR issue--it likely has to do with the fact that we changed the IID of the darkened RHW-4 texture used on puzzle pieces, as the previous IID was going to get in the way of the eventual 22.5m ERHW.

Thank you for letting me respond. And I still need to improve my English.  :P
And that way, I will not use the HSRP in RHW, both for beauty of cities, the lack of correct texture. I will even use the monorail.

Thank you indeed.  :thumbsup:

pierrebaptiste

Hello  :)

Have a you new in that which concerns MTR V4 ? 

I use simcity4 deluxe in LHD version and I use the new NAM /NWM / RHW 2010 in LHD version . But I look for a MTR v4.2 with euro road/ rhw texture in LHD . Have you a idea where I can find it ?    &mmm

If not NAM /NWM/RHW 2010 is an exellent job  :thumbsup: well done  &apls

Highrise99

Quote from: Tarkus on May 25, 2010, 07:26:44 PM
If you're in LHD Mode, you'll need to install the RHW's LHD Plugin in order for the arrows to face the right direction.

-Alex
Thank you!
However, I installed LHD mode and the arrows are still backwards. %bur2$
Do the highways still function? ()what()

Tarkus

Quote from: Highrise99 on May 27, 2010, 01:19:25 PM
Thank you!
However, I installed LHD mode and the arrows are still backwards. %bur2$
Do the highways still function? ()what()

They should have flipped the right way when you installed it--unless you have some RHD files floating around still that conflict.  To check if they're functioning properly, use the DrawPaths cheat from the SC4ExtraCheats.dll file to see if they're facing the right direction.

-Alex

jdenm8

I have the same problem. The paths are fine (I've seen automata using it), it's the preview arrows that are the wrong way around. I've also noticed that in most of my cities, I can't place some of the connectors on the Eastern edge, it places them one tile into the city.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

j-dub

QuoteHave a you new in that which concerns MTR V4 ?

I use simcity4 deluxe in LHD version and I use the new NAM /NWM / RHW 2010 in LHD version . But I look for a MTR v4.2 with euro road/ rhw texture in LHD . Have you a idea where I can find it ?    Mmmm

If not NAM /NWM/RHW 2010 is an exellent job  thumbsup well done  Aplause

By MTR did you mean the Mass Transit Roads? I did not think the RHW covered support for that, but I am only answering because no one before me said anything.

MandelSoft

Maybe he means the Euro TRM (Texture Replacement Mod)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: jdenm8 on May 27, 2010, 05:38:19 PMI've also noticed that in most of my cities, I can't place some of the connectors on the Eastern edge, it places them one tile into the city.
So have I. I mentioned it in an earlier post, but it seems to have been ignored (no worries about that, though; there's been plenty else in this thread for the RHW Team to attend to). I haven't tested to see if it's always the eastern edge or always whichever edge is on the right-hand side in the current view, but perhaps jdenm8 already has.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

jdenm8

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on May 28, 2010, 12:12:46 AM
I haven't tested to see if it's always the eastern edge or always whichever edge is on the right-hand side in the current view, but perhaps jdenm8 already has.
I haven't tested it exactly, but I did try it on multiple cities and on each rotation and it seemed to only affect the Eastern side. The Western side appears to be immune to this problem at least. I have used RHW-6C. on the Western edge multiple times. I have not tried the North and South edges however.
It also seemed to only be the multiple-tile networks, RHW-6C would not go, but RHW-6S would.
I am going to do more testing now. Expect an edit in about 30 minutes.
Okay. In my test, only RHW-6C had trouble, it only affected the Eastern edge and it did it on all rotations.
I also noticed that the RHW-6S connector had the wrong label (It says RHW-6C).

rodhunt

Hi, I've just started using the RHW, so please forgive me if this is covered somewhere (I have searched but cannot find anything).

On my normal traffic view, my RHW6C is showing up red as if it had high congestion from the on ramp where traffic is currently joining to the neighbour connection, but only has about 30 freight trucks on it, in the detail view this is fine... is this normal or have I got/done something wrong?

MandelSoft

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on May 28, 2010, 12:12:46 AM
So have I. I mentioned it in an earlier post, but it seems to have been ignored (no worries about that, though; there's been plenty else in this thread for the RHW Team to attend to). I haven't tested to see if it's always the eastern edge or always whichever edge is on the right-hand side in the current view, but perhaps jdenm8 already has.
I've also noticed that issue with my RHD game. I can place the RHW-8S or RHW-10 connectors on the west stid of the tile only inwards. This bug gets me quite annoyed. I try to cover it with a RHW-6S connector.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

Momentarily, until a fix is worked up on the Eastern side, do you guys want to try an advanced method to get wider RHW car traffic nieghbor connections?

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2g_mcR_iUU

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0w9RtNW_Ug

Tarkus

I haven't run into any issues with the Neighbor Connectors yet myself, though I'll check that over.  At least in theory, there shouldn't be any issue with placement unless you've got a starter or something else really close to the edge that could throw it off, as the RULs are basically identical to the Filler Pieces and there appears to be no errors in the AddTypes, CopyFroms or Rotates in the RUL entries. 

I should also add, the arrows on the Neighbor Connectors (except the invisible loop pieces), as well as any directional indications in the piece descriptions are basically useless and you should completely ignore them.  They are a holdover from when the pieces were designed a little bit differently, but the pathing was simplified to make using them far less complicated before release and the preview models/LTEXTs just didn't get changed.  As long as you have the white/yellow lines on the correct side, you're good.

-Alex

Highrise99

Quote from: Tarkus on May 27, 2010, 03:31:02 PM
They should have flipped the right way when you installed it--unless you have some RHD files floating around still that conflict.  To check if they're functioning properly, use the DrawPaths cheat from the SC4ExtraCheats.dll file to see if they're facing the right direction.

-Alex
Thank you very much!
I know there are no RHD files floating around because I made sure I installed only LHD files. :thumbsup:
Also, what is the DrawPaths cheat? ()what()

Tarkus

Quote from: Highrise99 on May 28, 2010, 12:55:16 PM
Thank you very much!
I know there are no RHD files floating around because I made sure I installed only LHD files. :thumbsup:
Also, what is the DrawPaths cheat? ()what()

It's a special "debug" cheat that EA/Maxis used for their own internal purposes to check the pathing on transit networks to make sure everything's working, and Buggi released a DLL file unlocking it and a number of others back a few years ago.  You can pick up the DLL file that enables it here.  Just hit Ctrl-X in-game, type "DrawPaths" into the box that appears and the transit paths will show up.  To turn the paths in, bring the box up again with Ctrl-X and type in "HidePaths".

-Alex

wallasey

I am hoping this query hasn't already come up...there has been a similar circumstance but I don't know if this is the same problem....

Using the Left Hand version everything works fine, until I want to use the elevated RHW 4 pieces. The Transitions from ground to elevated are in Right Hand Drive version, ie opposite to my version.

When the new RHW was released, I un-installed everything, put in the new NAM and then the new RHW...so I don't know if there are still a few skeletons from the previous RHW lurking around. The previous version was flawless.

I have taken out any additional plugins and re-installed the RHW, but the same problem is still there.

Apologies if this has been up before!

Tarkus

I've replicated the "east side" issue on the Wider RHW Neighbor Connectors, and it seems that it is not possible to fully rotate any multi-tile piece that is oriented north-south next to the east side of a city tile--the same happens with the fillers and starters as well.  The NWM's dual-tile neighbor connectors are oriented east-west and work fine.  By all indications, this seems to be an unanticipated quirk with the game itself. 

I do have an idea of how to solve it now, and it will require changing the multi-tile RHW neighbor connector pieces from north-south to east-west orientation, which will require changing the RUL entries and modifying the models and changing some IIDs to work properly with the AutoTileBase mechanism.  This will require an updated controller, an update to the RHW mod itself (4.0.5) with the caveat that any RHW-6C/8/10 Neighbor Connectors will need to be rebuilt due to the changes.  While doing so, I'll fix the LTEXTs and pull the arrows off the pieces.

Quote from: wallasey on May 28, 2010, 03:10:21 PM
I am hoping this query hasn't already come up...there has been a similar circumstance but I don't know if this is the same problem....

Using the Left Hand version everything works fine, until I want to use the elevated RHW 4 pieces. The Transitions from ground to elevated are in Right Hand Drive version, ie opposite to my version.

When the new RHW was released, I un-installed everything, put in the new NAM and then the new RHW...so I don't know if there are still a few skeletons from the previous RHW lurking around. The previous version was flawless.

I have taken out any additional plugins and re-installed the RHW, but the same problem is still there.

Apologies if this has been up before!

It sounds like a similar issue to what Highrise99 is running into (arrows in the wrong direction), albeit on a different piece.  I'll take a look over the LHD Plugin and from there, I'll be able to figure out if its on our end or yours.

-Alex

jdenm8

Yeah... My overpass labels and arrows are in the wrong direction too. However, if you make sure the lines are the right way around, there is no problem with the functionality of the pieces.