• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teddyrised

Quote from: Carny on November 03, 2011, 08:22:59 AM
Awesome!  Multilevel MIS! I'll wait for them as Christmas present! ;)

Now another question: is planned some transition like this below?

In this case, mis are parallel to rhw2, but would be useful also a 45° degree MIS version (or FAR, why not? :) )
Actually we need to convert rhw4 into 4 MIS and then into a central rhw2 for building something similar (so it needs 3 transition pieces). I think should be very useful and realistic (also for compactness) a SINGLE piece.

As what @Tarkus has mentioned, this is possible using existing pieces. It might take a bit more space to do the FAR version because there is no splitter for RHW-4 into a orthogonal and FAR MIS (therefore requiring a RHW4-MIS transition piece).

noahclem

Those L1 MISs and RHW-4s are truly something to behold  &apls &apls &apls

Keep up the excellent work!  :thumbsup:

And of course the rock-solid stability is also pretty handy  ;)

Gugu3

Is that a L1 RHW4?that's amazing!!!And the stability is exceptional!! &apls

Carny

Quote from: Tarkus on November 04, 2011, 07:32:58 PM
I'm trying to visualize the geometry on that.  If there's a one-tile median between the RHW-4s, it's basically a matter of adding MIS ramps onto the "symmetrical" RHW-2-to-4 transition.

Yeah, it's true. In that diagram i supposed a one-tile median, but would be a good idea also a similar transition without the median, where both Rhw4 convert asimetrically (left and/or right version) into Rhw2, and MIS ramps go close to it (resulting anyway in a three-tiles  width transition). Both variants would be very useful for T-interchanges between Rhw4 and Avenues. :)

QuoteI'm not sure there's much need for a diagonal or FAR variant . . . if the MIS split were short enough, it would be possible to simply tack the appropriate curve onto the MIS ends.  There's no sense in making more pieces than we truly need.

That's right.

QuoteAs what @Tarkus has mentioned, this is possible using existing pieces.

@Teddyrised: I know, that's the why i ask a SINGLE piece for it, gaining space above all. As you can see in your pic, and as i wrote below my diagram, you need at least 3 transition pieces and also many tiles for it. Instead i'm thinking something more compact,  maybe with a 3 to 5 tiles range's lenght. 

pimmapman

With Project OE, are there any plans to release any new content along with it aside from the double height RHW4 and MIS? And if so, would it be possible to have the same thing as FlexFly, except on the ground, on double height, and for RHW4?

Ilikeanrhw

Hey, anybody know the ERHW-4 L2 to Ground (Starterless) at the RHW 5.0?  ()what() ()what()  :-[ I hardly know that. (Transitions)
(\__/) Watch out! I think everyday is a toaster day.
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help
(")_(")him gain world domination. Bunny loves weasels. So you too. :)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Ilikeanrhw on November 05, 2011, 11:27:31 PM
Hey, anybody know the ERHW-4 L2 to Ground (Starterless) at the RHW 5.0?  ()what() ()what()  :-[ I hardly know that. (Transitions)

There aren't any, unfortunately.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MandelSoft

Quote from: pimmapman on November 05, 2011, 07:50:01 PM
With Project OE, are there any plans to release any new content along with it aside from the double height RHW4 and MIS? And if so, would it be possible to have the same thing as FlexFly, except on the ground, on double height, and for RHW4?
Well, for me, I actually wait until Project 0E is in solid shape before adding new content (and by the way, I'm busy on another project). However, with Project 0E finished, it's easier to assign IIDs to the new content...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jdenm8

Before the start of Project 0E, literally two puzzle pieces had been added to the game, both of which have been shown.
They are:
Diagonal RHW-6C Type B1 ramp interface
MIS FlexCurve

There are other things in the works, but they very heavily rely on other things being done first.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

DAB_City

I think that this is a suitable point for me to say R.I.P. to all the victims of the tragic M5 catastrophe on Friday. My thoughts are with all those affected by this horrible accident. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-15603124
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

Gugu3

MIS flex curves will be a great addition to the game! :thumbsup:
What about flexifly 45 degrees EMIS,ERHW4 and ERHW2?i think they would be useful...
another question...are diagonal ground to elevated transitions(like the existing ones for road/one way/avenue)planned?
oh and can't wait to see more development on project  :-\0E

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Gugu3 on November 06, 2011, 10:55:32 AM
What about flexifly 45 degrees EMIS,ERHW4 and ERHW2?i think they would be useful...

A picture of a prototype 45-deg L2 EMIS FlexFly has been shown here once, but that picture has long since been buried in all the past pages.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Quote from: Gugu3 on November 06, 2011, 10:55:32 AM
another question...are diagonal ground to elevated transitions(like the existing ones for road/one way/avenue)planned?

Yes, but as with any elevated anything, the need for models is a strict limiting factor.  Pretty much anything you can think of involving elevated RHW networks that you can request is most likely already somewhere in our radar for long-range plans--but unless it's merely a matter of changing heights for multi-height capacity, it's probably going to be a lengthy wait.

And here's the latest stability update . . .

-Alex

Ilikeanrhw

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 05, 2011, 11:44:43 PM

Even on the EMIS (transitions) this L2 appears too.
(\__/) Watch out! I think everyday is a toaster day.
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help
(")_(")him gain world domination. Bunny loves weasels. So you too. :)

Tarkus

Quote from: Ilikeanrhw on November 06, 2011, 06:04:41 PM
Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 05, 2011, 11:44:43 PM

Even on the EMIS (transitions) this L2 appears too.

Rotate it enough and the starters will go away--you'll see the description will then say "STARTERLESS".

-Alex

Tarkus

25028 lines of combined MIS code, and this becomes doable:

I realize the shadows are screwed up here . . . that's because the diagonals have actually been rotated from their previous orientation in Version 5.0, but the shadows haven't been (yet--shadows are not a priority in this stage of development).

-Alex

apeguy

Nice. More diagonal functionality and stability is definitely needed with the RHW. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Korot

With the diagonals rotated, does that mean that all v5 EMIS does have to be redrawn? And I like things getting more stable. Many bad words have been said, trying to get an interchange to work.  ::)

Regards,
Korot

Tarkus

Quote from: Korot on November 07, 2011, 02:45:10 PM
With the diagonals rotated, does that mean that all v5 EMIS does have to be redrawn?

I've taken some countermeasures to ensure that V5 (and earlier) systems won't need to be completely redrawn with the post-Project 0E RHW.  The entire V5 release (minus the RHW Core file) will become a Legacy Support file so existing instances will remain.  Additionally, I've written some RUL2 code to take V5 RHWs and convert them to Project 0E RHWs upon clicking.  Right now, it only operates on orthogonals, but I'm expanding it to cover diagonals.  All other RHW pieces that anyone might have in their cities are probably in close proximity to an orthogonal or diagonal piece, so they'll quickly get picked up and converted.

In addition to the re-rotation of the diagonals (which affects more networks beyond the MIS), the orientation of the Wider RHWs has been flipped.

-Alex

mike3775

Quote from: Korot on November 07, 2011, 02:45:10 PM
Many bad words have been said, trying to get an interchange to work.  ::)
Regards,
Korot

Man my wife told me just a few minutes ago in fact, that if she hears me swearing at the computer one more time, she is going to break that game disc in half and shove it down my throat  lol