• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Signage Piece Mod (SPM)--Now SCoPE (Signage and Cosmetic Piece Extension)

Started by Tarkus, April 06, 2008, 08:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cozu

The values of every country are metric... except for USA and the UK.

mexico, latin america, europe, asia, africa and oceania (australia, new zeland, tazmania...) are in metric system (Km/h for example)

Andreas

Quote from: caspervg on April 07, 2008, 11:37:51 AM
That looks great there, Andreas! As they are puzzle-pieces, they can use tab-rings aswell, I assume/hope.  %wrd

As warrior said, that's possible, yes. :) A minor drawback, though: You have to be very careful next to transit enabled lots, such as stations, because once you hover the puzzle piece over the station, the game will crash.
Andreas

JoeST

this looks like a fantastic development, thank you very much for developing such great additions to the game :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

mightygoose

Quote from: bighead99999 on April 07, 2008, 08:24:06 AM
wow :o
did not expect australiana to be thought of so soon in this project. i like it.
so it's probbly possible to make road textures that have cross walks/ect -o yeah... puzzle pieces, forgot about that.

or just make draggable ped mall and have crosswalks as intersections...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Diggis

Quote from: mightygoose on April 07, 2008, 12:58:26 PM
or just make draggable ped mall and have crosswalks as intersections...

What a great idea...  &apls

Pat

LoL I love the move as I seen my post disappeared...  Anyways congrats Alex in seeing this here about the Sign Mod...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pilotdaryl

Yours truly would like to help ;D as a member of the STRU, I think it is important to have proper highway signs in SimCity.  I would gladly help with any sign modelling.  I also have a few tricks in hand (especially with alpha maps and custom-shaped signs...  ;D interstate sign anyone?)

bakerton

Tarkus dude, you have basically made my wishes complete with this new mod that you are working on. I do know that pilotdayrl said that he will help with other road signs other than speed limit, but would it be possible to have different signs on the same road like when you cross into another state or county or entering a city or a populated area, or have tow signs on the same puzzle piece but on the opposite side of the other sign facing the other direction? I will look forward to this new mod when it comes out whenever it is released. Take your time. :thumbsup: &apls &idea :) JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

mightygoose

Quote from: Diggis on April 08, 2008, 09:05:56 AM
What a great idea...  &apls

tbh me and tarkus were talking about it on msn the other day i just couldn't resist :P
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

cammo2003

One small request, would a RHD version of the Australian signs be possible? Just that EA gave us a RHD game here in Australia...  ::)

superhands

cammo thanks for releasing that map of hobart a while ago :thumbsup: (currently playing the region)

Ripple Jet made a quick and easy tutorial  on how to change driving sides.

Link

hope this helps because it has for me!
david

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

cammo2003

Quote from: bighead99999 on April 10, 2008, 03:32:53 AM
cammo thanks for releasing that map of hobart a while ago :thumbsup: (currently playing the region)

Ripple Jet made a quick and easy tutorial  on how to change driving sides.

Link

hope this helps because it has for me!
david

The only annoying thing about that is that all of the props show up on the wrong side of the road...  :angrymore:

MandelSoft

Quote from: bakerton on April 09, 2008, 09:10:20 PM
Tarkus dude, you have basically made my wishes complete with this new mod that you are working on. I do know that pilotdayrl said that he will help with other road signs other than speed limit, but would it be possible to have different signs on the same road like when you cross into another state or county or entering a city or a populated area, or have tow signs on the same puzzle piece but on the opposite side of the other sign facing the other direction? I will look forward to this new mod when it comes out whenever it is released. Take your time. :thumbsup: &apls &idea :) JKB

That's a great idea!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Starmanw402007

tarkus, those updates are fantastic. I'm Looking forward to the release of the speed limit signs. My only ? is this will those crazy sims obey the speed limit :D $%Grinno$%.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Haljackey

LOL, why didn't I see this thread sooner?  Its a great idea!

I do use signs from time to time in my cities where I have room for some eyecandy.  However, getting them to take up a tile beside the road/rail/highway can really mess up the way I make the route all-together!

Anyways, this sounds interesting.  I will keep an eye here.

Best,
-Haljackey

superhands

Quote from: cammo2003 on April 12, 2008, 05:23:05 PM
The only annoying thing about that is that all of the props show up on the wrong side of the road...  :angrymore:

that is true  >:(

tarkus, give us a shout if you need any help making Aus road junk ect, photos RL signs ect "$Deal"$

Tolsome

nerdly_dood

The signs in Spain (which I went to for spring break) and the UK (which i just looked at in the link in tolsome's last post) look remarkably similar.  Also, i didn't know that the UK uses miles like the US instead of kilometers like everyone else...

And since this is a puzzle piece mod, i REALLY like this, because i don't like the extra sidewalk that shows in rural areas if this was a lot (also i have Jeronij's sidewalk mod, so that may create discrepancies, especially in highw-wealth areas which have a red brick sidewalk  in that mod)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

RebaLynnTS

Not everyone else ...

Barbados, Burma, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Muscat, Oman, Naura, Sierra Leone, Southern Yemen, Tonga and Trinidad do not use the metric system (this information is a few months old, so may have changed).
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat