• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

David that is simply put amazzzzzzzzing work....
gotta love dustin and his stats and good as they are...

BTW

Welcome to pg 76....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

HabLeUrG

its amazing the amount of work you have done... that map is really big and excellent work  &apls
take care i cant wait for the collaboration at 3rr  ;)

dedgren

Oh, I couldn't resist...

Because I'm creating all my mapping products as layers, I can now pretty much instantly turn out stuff like this.

Later.

David

p.s.- btw, it does appear that Pat (patfirefghtr) has snagged the 1,500th post.  'Grats, my Rhinelanderian friend!
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

LoL David thank you... Ohh that is soooo wonderful and the speed of service too  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

abcvs

Alrighty this is starting to come together quite nicely.

Finally some positive pay back for all those hours of tedious and painstaking work.

This is bound to cause a bit more...
()meeting()

bat

Great pictures of Emil's Yard, David! Also a wonderful map! :thumbsup:
my 2100th post

stewart_garden

Incredible map David.  And thanks for posting your pictures of Emil's yard - I enjoy seeing how other people plan the development of their tiles.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

mightygoose

david isnt this 3RR^3 as you started with four large tiles.... 3RR then expand to make it 16 large tiles 3RR^2 then 256 large tiles 3RR^3....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

meldolion

One word...... AMAZING

I've been away two weeks and find so much accomplishments!!

I just cannot wait to start the collaboration :)

pvarcoe

Now that's what I call a map!

I am highly impressed.

Super job David!

thundercrack83

More magnificent map madness...and other alliterative phrases as well!

Great work here as always, my friend, and sorry about the confusion about 3RR in comparison to Lithuania and West Virginia, it was just another one of my exercises in curiosity that led me there.

Also, congratulations to my great friend Pat on being the 1500th to post here in 3RR! And, of course, congrats to you, too, David!

Jmouse

Many of us strive for realism in SC4, but you've taken it to new and lofty heights. Not only are you king of the hill, though, you're generous with your time and talents. You have bestowed great gifts on the community, and you've certainly inspired me to push toward greater achievements.

Until next time...
Joan

BigSlark

David,

Layers, eh? This is bloody brilliant! Are you sure you're not the planner for the State of Alaska (yes, I know the capital is Juneau)?

Quote from: Jmouse on August 01, 2007, 04:34:09 PM
Many of us strive for realism in SC4, but you've taken it to new and lofty heights. Not only are you king of the hill, though, you're generous with your time and talents. You have bestowed great gifts on the community, and you've certainly inspired me to push toward greater achievements.

Until next time...
Joan

And I have to agree with Joan, she said it best.

Cheers,
Kevin

threestooges

Well, it's good to be back (I've been away for the month) and it's great to see the progress that has been made. I would try to comment on all of it, but that would be one very long post, and I am still rummaging through it all. A few things I will make note of, I'm glad to see my quad terraformed (it gave me some good ideas of what to do with it) and that dam you made from the road revetments is well done. Good luck with the waterfalls. I will be plugging along on some bridges again, but am ready (as always) for the collaboration to begin. Good to see you well as always.

dedgren

A quick post this morning, as I'm off to a short trial in Fairbanks about 300 miles/500 km away.  I'll be back on tonight if the hotel wi-fi works-  if not it'll be tomorrow night and over the weekend.

Here's the latest map with some layers hidden, some features adjusted in light of the terrain modifications, and a lat-lon layer added.

Here's that same map in larger (2048x2048 pixel) size [linkie].  It will open in a new window (500kb).

QuoteI wonder when we'll actually see some SC4 building, after all it's 75 pages and still no building in sight...

You know, Shadow, I never thought about that.  75 pages and not a single building yet... Hmmmm, I think you're right.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

pvarcoe

mmmm, latitude and longitude.
Makes me want to do some more geocaching.

Another gorgeous map David.
I see Pvarcoe has an airfield. Very cool!

flame1396

This evolved from a decent CJ on ST (I lurked from day 1, think I was view 30 or something) to a spectacular project. The Fox River Valley map looks fun to play on. I'm also definatly stealing the dam idea.  :thumbsup:

Wish we could see more spectacular fall foliage! *hint hint*
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Pat

David that map is looking sweeter and sweeeeeeter....  Just one question though is there any Ice roads or even more info here.... you know for winter driving and hauling of freight by truck? ? ?

bat

That map is looking very great, david! Looking forward to more...

Schulmanator

That is a fantastic map!
3RR is a great place to visit... any campsites open yet?  ;)
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0