• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge Nr 5: Tension

Started by turtle, May 19, 2009, 04:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtle

I shall do as you command, Mr. Hutt!

Here's the current state of the region:

My name is Thomas...

mrbisonm

Turtle, you will now receive orders from wouanagaine since The_Hutt is too busy irl and will skip this challenge.
Hopefully wouanagaine will post in the following days. We will give you the extensions for building your received demands as you need.

Thank you

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

wouanagaine

Ok, I'll take the command :)

Your mission if you accept it is to develop tile A and tile D ( the north part )

On tile A, create a natural park/reserve on the western side of the river, while developing a mostly rural town on east side ( fire protection and elementary school as minimal civic buildings ), and create a small passenger station so people can work on the town on tile B
On tile D, western side, finish the natural park/reserve, eastern side, create some farms and let the town on tile B transition smoothly on tile D  ( add some suburbs to the right side of tile D )
Hope it is clear

Take care
Wouanagane

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

turtle

Allright, thanks

Quote from: wouanagaine on May 25, 2009, 12:30:07 AM

On tile D, western side, finish the natural park/reserve, eastern side, create some farms and let the town on tile B transition smoothly on tile D  ( add some suburbs to the right side of tile D )

I suppose you mean let the town on tile E (Bordertown) transition smoothly on tile D?

Thomas
My name is Thomas...

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

turtle

Allright, finally I've finished the 5th challenge. I'm sorry for being this late, but I've been really busy since I've been around last time. In my defence, I only got the orders on the 25th, and therefore missing the first weekend of playing time. (excuses exschmuses...) Here goes:

GRVII: Challenge Nr 5: Tension

First off, here are the new checkpoints:

5.1.1 Tile F: Rail checkpoint

and

5.1.2 Tile L: Road checkpoint

Next up are my orders for Mattb325:
Quote from: turtle on May 21, 2009, 06:54:07 AM
Hello Matt,
Here are your orders:

I'll be right here, if you need me.

turtle

Here we have my realisation of Wouangaines separatist demands:

First an overview of the town and farms in Tile A: Upland Hills
5.3.1 Upland Hills overview (Tile A)

Here you see the train station, the elementary school, and a small fire station in the town centre

5.3.2 Upland Hills Town Centre (Tile A)

5.3.3 Upland Hills Natural Park Entrance (Tile A)

Here's an overview showing the suburbs to bordertown in West river, and some forestry farms.
5.3.4 Western River Overview (Tile D)

5.3.5 Western River Natural Park (Tile D)

Next, we have build some military installations in the south to intimidate the separatists.
Here's the Air Force in Warm Lake (Tile I)

5.4.1 Warm Lake Air Force (Tile I)

And the Navy in Riverside (Tile F)

5.4.2 Riverside Naval Fleet (Tile F)

Also, the Army Base has been placed in Riverside:

5.4.3 Riverside Army Base (Tile F)

And we're just in time for rehearsal:

5.4.4 Riverside Army Base Square (Tile F)

Here's a scenic view of the Grand Rail Line in Warm Lake (Tile I):

5.5 Scenic Rail in Warm Lake (Tile I)

The transportation view:

5.6 Bordertown Transportation View

The sattelite view:

5.7 Bordertown Sattelite View

There you have it. I hope it wasn't too bad. See you next time :)
My name is Thomas...

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 5

I finally got around to continue the GRV II Challenges and we will continue with the judgement of Challenge 5, 6 and 7 in the next weeks. Make also sure to read the *speach* that I wrote in the General discussion thread, maybe giving an explanation to all this delay.
How this challenge was judged can be found in the Challenge 5 thread. Please read it so you can judge my Challenge 5 also.

This challenge wasn't any easier than the one before to judge, because we had to look at many different points and from different views. Thank You.

1. Checkpoints wre well re-connected and well controlled, only 4 points could have been given for a perfect job like this.
2. Your orders to your adversay were clear and net, well thought off. 3 points were given.
3. The completion of the rebel's demand were well executed, finely detailed and excellent use of props and lots. 4 solid points were added.
4. The army bases are not exactly impressive and we wondered if it could have been intimidating enough, but good details and effort made us decide to give you a solid 3 points.
5. We very much liked the pond in this picture, excellently detailed and natural looking. Fantastic work and a well earned 4 points were added.

A total of 18 points were added to your score, which is very good.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)