• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Republic of Bevelle- Last Rites

Started by dsrwhat316, October 09, 2007, 10:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrwhat316

Pat: Yep, this post'll put me in the Best Sellers section now! You'll get a small taste of what's to come with this teaser...
sebes: ....  ......  whoops, sorry! Was hypnotized by the dancing elephants for a second there... Yeah, I seem to be making more mosaics lately; you get a better feel of the cities when all the details are shown in one pic. Thanks for commenting!
dedgren: Those curves were actually put there on a whim. I didn't texture them at first because I didn't know how; then I read metasmurf's tutorial and I applied it. Never though it would create such a stir! Thanks for the awesome comment!
thundercrack83: All is forgiven; but everyone'll have to wait until next week for an update... thanks for dropping by!

Teaser

Only a teaser for this week; got my birthday coming up on the 12th (the big 21!). So I'll be "out of commission" until the middle of next week. But here's something to whet your beaks with:

See ya next week!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Pat

Dan congrats on making it to the best sellers and also a great new update too!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Yes, Congrats on the moving to the Best Sellers!
And the teaser is looking very good! Nice work on the walls there!

Also looking forward to the next update...

thundercrack83

Love the teaser, Dan--I'll be looking forward to seeing the waterfront! And congrats on making it to the Best Sellers, too!

Dustin

paroch

Dan, you really are showing us some great stuff here.  The first mosaic in the last update was really top class.  It must have taken much plopping, bulldozing and planning to get it looking just so.  Well done.

warszawa

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Dan. :party:

I have seen your awesome mosaics dotted around the site! :D
That teaser has really made me want to come here again. You have done an awesome job on the transportation system, especially with the curvey roads. The wicked BATs you have chosen to use in your city really bring out the realism! Keep it up Dan the man! &apls
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

dsrwhat316

Pat: Thanks, man. That wasn't the update, but I have it ready now!
bat: Thanks, my friend! Hopefully you'll like the forthcoming update...
thundercrack83: You'll see a slice of the city's waterfront here. Thanks for commenting!
paroch: Hey, I try... A lot of plopping and growing was necessary to make those mosaics. Thanks my friend!
warszawa: Thanks for the birthday wishes! I try and show glimpses of my cities wherever I go. I wanted to have a trademark, so I opted for those textures on the NAM curves. Thanks for the awesome comment!

Update 19- Down by the River

Custom lots are the focus here; many hours were needed to get these right  ::)

People strolling on the riverwalk have an amazing view of the skyline.

Another angle of the skyscrapers along the river.

Condos and apartments line the river in this shot, providing spectacular views for its residents.

Now for some bad news regarding Bevelle...

A couple of weeks ago, my hard drive completely died on me. I'm in the process of getting everything straightened out, explaining why I haven't been around lately. I hope to be up and running soon; either continuing Bevelle from my last backup (which was before I started Aurora!) or starting from scratch with a whole new CJ/MD. With summer approaching and my job being more demanding now, I will be gone probably for quite some time. I guarantee I will return one day, so get ready...

~ Dan

TopCliff

Good luck with the whole hard drive thing. Oh, and jjust for the record, . . .

YOU . . . ARE . . . THE . . . GOD . . . OF . . . SIMCITY.

Teach me your ways Master . . . anyways, later dude.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

bat

dedgren

Really special stuff here, Dan.  Whatever happens, you can be assured that folks will be waiting with great interest for what comes next.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Q-Tips

Sorry to hear about your hard drive. And i hope to see you back. I really like reading this, it looks so great. So i hope you will be back.

sebes

Too bad - I hope you can get it all sorted out. No matter what, you can be assured that I return he right after you have come back  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Earth quake

Simpson

Hi dsrwhat316
I'm sorry for not posting before  :)
Your CBD is looking very good And the highway is superbe with the wall

:)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

wow  :o your city is very bieautifull  :thumbsup: &apls

want to see more  :)

Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

CasperVg

You do an awesome job here, too bad you're currently having some trouble.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

dsrwhat316

Last Rites

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end; this MD is no exception. I have finally fixed my desktop by installing a new hard drive, which means all my previous work is confined now only to pictures and memories. Although this means that Bevelle is no more, there is a glimmer of light on the horizon. I will be starting a new thread on Monday here and on Simtropolis. I hope everyone will join me there and I promise to deliver a SimCity experience like nothing anyone has ever seen before. So get ready... less than 48 hours to go!

~ Dan