• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choco

the entire idea of the MIS was developed so 1) prefab interchanges wouldn't have to be made, allowing for 2) more versatility.

dragonshardz

All this looks absolutely awesome and I can't wait to get my hands on the RHW v4.0!

Incidentally, welcome to the page of the hi-res texture!

(256x256 - dimensions of hi-res textures.)

Blue Lightning

Quote from: io_bg on May 12, 2009, 09:51:24 AM
Great job! :thumbsup:
I've got a question, though - is there a chance for RHW ploppable intersections to be made some day (like the maxis highway ones but of course bigger) - like Ts, cloverleaves...?

As Ryan stated, Alex did mention earlier that there would likely not be any full ploppable interchanges, as that would mainly defeat the point of the MIS.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ramseyazad

Is it actually possible to make rhw-6s turn 90 degrees?  If so, how?  Are there puzzle pieces missing, or are the ones there just teasers?  If you've done it, can you post a pic and explain how?

Tarkus

Quote from: ramseyazad on May 13, 2009, 12:09:33 PM
Is it actually possible to make rhw-6s turn 90 degrees? 

It isn't yet, at least not without an awkward workaround.  That'll be fixed with Version 4.

-Alex

ramseyazad

I'm glad I'm not just going crazy. . . I found the puzzle pieces and thought I was somehow not bright enough to work them out.

doorknob60

Progress looks good, keep up the good work  :thumbsup: I like the smooth MIS curves :)

Off topic, look what I logged in to see :D
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

mike3775

I finally got sick and tired of over used maxis highways, so I am developing cities using RHW and the MIS ramps, and I have 1 question.

Is it going to be possible to ever create more than one offshoot ramp for the MIS?  I ask because I want to create a cloverleaf intersection, but do not want more than 2 off ramps for each side of the highway.  I want the traffic leaving/entering the RHW to use just the MIS ramps

Sorry for the crappy drawing, but this shows what I am trying to say

deathtopumpkins

I'm almost certain what you're describing is possible in the current (and several past) versions of the RHW... MIS Y-splitters or the RHW4-MIS splitter would allow you to build that interchange.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

mike3775

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on May 13, 2009, 07:04:26 PM
I'm almost certain what you're describing is possible in the current (and several past) versions of the RHW... MIS Y-splitters or the RHW4-MIS splitter would allow you to build that interchange.

I've tried it with what you described, and every time I go to connect the two ramps, I end up with it shifting to a 2 lane RHW and I can create off shoot ramps, but not the way I need to join them up

EDIT:  Never mind.  I finally got it to go, I used a starter piece just before the ramp to join, and it seemed to take it.

Thanks for the help

XL2007

Quote from: choco on May 12, 2009, 10:19:15 AM
the entire idea of the MIS was developed so 1) prefab interchanges wouldn't have to be made, allowing for 2) more versatility.

I understand this, but after seeing Hapleburg(sp)'s RHW eyecandy interchanges, I wouldn't mind a few prefab interchange pieces, especially for tight areas and cloverleafs.

onlycoop

This is the best Cloverleaf i have come up with so far i think. I may have another one but can't remember right now.
Quote from: mike3775 on May 13, 2009, 06:47:43 PM
Is it going to be possible to ever create more than one offshoot ramp for the MIS?  I ask because I want to create a cloverleaf intersection, but do not want more than 2 off ramps for each side of the highway.  I want the traffic leaving/entering the RHW to use just the MIS ramps

j-dub

Thats actually a smarter way to do it, but from what I have seen in reality, alot of the times, they do it where the right turning ramp isn't so far, because they put the exiting ramp, right after the ramp that has traffic entering, so its closer to make a right turn, rather then the loop ramps that go the other direction, but you have way too close of a call with traffic fighting to weave in and out at high speeds. The design pictured I also have been on. In this case it should be a 30mph ramp, but the hard part is merging. This design there is more space between the ramps entering and exiting, much better.

mike3775

This is what I use in the cities where I know I will have high traffic.  Although it has tight turns, I have an offramp from I-94 in my town that was recently reconfigured to include a tight turn to slow drivers down.

And I am finally getting the hang of the RHW.  I no longer get impatient with the plopping of the offramps like I used to, since I now know how far from the edge of a city they can be to not ruin the RHW that is already laid out, and finally figured out how to lay the MIS ramps without having issues as well

Haljackey

Hey guys, I don't mean to be rude, but this thread isn't a place to post your RHW creations.  Please leave it open for development, questions and discussion.

But there are some places specifically designed for showing off your work.  Some include:
Show Us Your Interchanges!
Show us your... Intersections.
RHW- Show us your pics!

Its best to leave this thread clutter-free so it can be more organized for Alex.

Nevertheless, nice creations!  That's an interesting way to make a cloverleaf, using the RHW-2/MIS splitters helps you make smoother curves.  Nice work!   :thumbsup:

-Haljackey

onlycoop

Sorry i was going to ask if the reverse of the (RHW-4/Dual MIS-1 Splitter-Style A) is going to be made like the (RHW-2/Dual MIS-1 Splitter-Style A) has. As you can see the out is the RHW-4 has it flipped over like the Rhw-2 but does not has the flip with traffic going in the same way. I don't know if what i'm thinking is going to be a Style-B. Becuase it would be a inside turn but it's just the pathing and lines being reverse on each of the RHW-4 ones to get what i'm thinking of.
  Just a idea, I've had a few times when trying to make things were i could of used something like that, but don't know if many ppl are using these splits but i like them and use them when i can. Can't wait to see what you guys make next thanks and keep it up. :thumbsup:

mike3775

Dino007

Is there going to be RHW-2/MIS and RHW-4/MIS splitter with MIS going paralel to each other?
TIGR