• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simzebu

Quote from: SimsReporter on May 14, 2008, 05:15:38 PM
sweet  &apls  :thumbsup:. and when will be able to put residential commercial on the RHW Road Piece (not highway, the one that acts like a regular road, forgot name)

P.S: are you having a master plan to link everything together, that would be  :o breathtaking

If you want growth along a strip of RHW-2, you can drag 2 tiles of road over the existing RHW-2. It looks almost exactly the same, but it gives you two tiles of usable frontage. (Note that the speed of traffic will be lower on these tiles)
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

RebaLynnTS

There are places in the real world with commercial, and residential along side a rural highway, but as mentioned before, it can not be done with the RHW. My thinking is, it is because it is based on a network type that was not finished by Maxis / EA.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

j-dub

The one that acts like a regular road, hmm. I bet this could be done with a starter piece, but instead of being a hwy, the rhw 2 texture could be used as a road variation. Possible? I know there was a texture replacement that was like the RHW 2 texture with the Yellow stripped lines, not the euro one, through most of the zoned areas, but it was black pavement, not like the default RHW texture. I know someone(s) who have gotten it, but I can't remember where that Replacement was. Personally I thought that texture (no offense to who ever made it) the striped lines were too close together for me, vs the distance of the RHW 2's version, but SimsReporter, that may be the closest thing to what you wanted.

Doctor Soul

How about rest areas and service stations for the RHW? Preferably integrated into the MIS system. Highway patrol would be cool too.

Great stuff, this RHW!  &apls

Swamper77

Quote from: Doctor Soul on May 14, 2008, 08:24:07 PM
How about rest areas and service stations for the RHW? Preferably integrated into the MIS system. Highway patrol would be cool too.

Great stuff, this RHW!  &apls

Doctor Soul,

Such content will have to be made by others outside the NAM Team. The NAM and it's related components do not and will not contain lots. It is one of the "rules" of the NAM that they will not contain lots. That is why you have to download lots, such as stations for the GLR, separately. This rule is unlikely to ever change.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

yoshiisland2

Quote from: Swamper77 on May 14, 2008, 08:38:21 PM
Doctor Soul,

Such content will have to be made by others outside the NAM Team. The NAM and it's related components do not and will not contain lots. It is one of the "rules" of the NAM that they will not contain lots. That is why you have to download lots, such as stations for the GLR, separately. This rule is unlikely to ever change.

-Swamper
Understood Swamper.  But I suppose you're asking for something like this for the this for the RHW Doctor Soul?  Great updates BTW everyone.

RebaLynnTS

What is needed is for a team to take on the task of developing NAM friendly lots.
Becca

xxdita

Actually, I was just talking with Jason (JPlumbley) about this yesterday. And it shouldn't be that hard to do.

The lots would mostly be eyecandy though, just to add a bit more realism to the game.

j-dub

Of course such content has to be made by others. I have to admit tooheys truck stops are a good example for this situation, especially now with the RHW. Using the current MIS ramps for a frontage pull off blends in nicely, it may require convering to oneway in between the RHW though, I don't know if those lots have stats, or not. As for eh, highway patrol, I bet a 1x1 police car generator could be made, and placed along side a MIS ramp that just goes back to the RHW without interesecting. I haven't tried the police station, but I have gotten the 1x1 police kiosk to work right on the RHW, but it has to be on a puzzle piece of the RHW that is still labeled road.

Diggis

Quote from: j-dub on May 15, 2008, 08:32:43 AM
Of course such content has to be made by others. I have to admit tooheys truck stops are a good example for this situation, especially now with the RHW. Using the current MIS ramps for a frontage pull off blends in nicely, it may require convering to oneway in between the RHW though, I don't know if those lots have stats, or not. As for eh, highway patrol, I bet a 1x1 police car generator could be made, and placed along side a MIS ramp that just goes back to the RHW without interesecting. I haven't tried the police station, but I have gotten the 1x1 police kiosk to work right on the RHW, but it has to be on a puzzle piece of the RHW that is still labeled road.

Maybe tie to to a large billboard.  They always seem to be hiding behind those in the movies.  :P

daeley

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on May 15, 2008, 07:06:54 AM
What is needed is for a team to take on the task of developing NAM friendly lots.

because there is nobody doing that right now... ?  ;)

anyway, great work shown so far! The RHW is a big asset for my game, I absolutely love it!
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Starmanw402007

After downloading this file by RHW Lights and Signs by mrtnlrn. And when I went to go extract it, it read file empty. What's up with that?  :D $%Grinno$%.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Pat

Quote from: daeley on May 15, 2008, 08:42:46 AM
because there is nobody doing that right now... ?  ;)

anyway, great work shown so far! The RHW is a big asset for my game, I absolutely love it!

lol daeley that is what becca was saying is that some team out there should do it...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

MandelSoft

Try this link to redownload the file, it goes to the page where this mod is posted (page 101).
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.2000

MOD EDIT: Fixed your link - Fred ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

RebaLynnTS

I know there are folks out there making NAM friendly lots (My LAR lots, among them), I just think that a team dedicated to this task would be a worth while effort.
Becca

SimsReporter

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 15, 2008, 11:23:43 AM
Try this link to redownload the file, it goes to the page where this mod is posted (page 101).
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.2000

MOD EDIT: Fixed your link - Fred ;)

its invalid or corrupted....even with that
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

nerdly_dood

Quote from: j-dub on May 14, 2008, 07:35:34 PM
I know there was a texture replacement that was like the RHW 2 texture with the Yellow stripped lines, not the euro one, through most of the zoned areas, but it was black pavement, not like the default RHW texture. I know someone(s) who have gotten it, but I can't remember where that Replacement was. Personally I thought that texture (no offense to who ever made it) the striped lines were too close together for me, vs the distance of the RHW 2's version, but SimsReporter, that may be the closest thing to what you wanted.

Now, about that dashed yellow line road... I have that mod, although I don't use it anymore.  It is in my laptop's recycle bin, which hasn't been emptied lately.

It only affects the orthagonal straight and diagonal straight road textures of the default road, not RHW, and not any intersections or curves or transitions.

This mod is not available on the LEX or STEX or any kind of ___EX that I know of.

How I got it was like this:  I had found several mods that change the road intersection textures away from those yellow diagonal stripes which I loathe to a white zebra texture...BUT they didn't affect the road-turning-lane intersections!! I then posted way too much in the ST Modding-Transit Networks board, and eventually got a PM from AznInOverdrive containing several mods, one of which was one of those zebra stripe textures that don't affect turning-lane roads, and another was the dashed road line mod.  I continued using the mod that I thought was incomplete, but it just hadn't been updated lately to take into account the RTL mod included in the NAM.  (I did eventually find the intersection textures for the Euro road mod, which only affected intersections:  ALL OF THEM, and then I got the rest of it when it was included in a big all-in-one installer pack but now I use a combination of several intersection mods which does NOT include the Euro road mod for anything except as a backup for some intersections which another white stripe crosswalk mod doesn't fix)

I could probably upload it to the STEX, but I must point out that I do not know who made this mod! 
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

SimsReporter

Quote from: nerdly_dood on May 16, 2008, 12:29:44 PM
Now, about that dashed yellow line road... I have that mod, although I don't use it anymore.  It is in my laptop's recycle bin, which hasn't been emptied lately.

It only affects the orthagonal straight and diagonal straight road textures of the default road, not RHW, and not any intersections or curves or transitions.

This mod is not available on the LEX or STEX or any kind of ___EX that I know of.

How I got it was like this:  I had found several mods that change the road intersection textures away from those yellow diagonal stripes which I loathe to a white zebra texture...BUT they didn't affect the road-turning-lane intersections!! I then posted way too much in the ST Modding-Transit Networks board, and eventually got a PM from AznInOverdrive containing several mods, one of which was one of those zebra stripe textures that don't affect turning-lane roads, and another was the dashed road line mod.  I continued using the mod that I thought was incomplete, but it just hadn't been updated lately to take into account the RTL mod included in the NAM.  (I did eventually find the intersection textures for the Euro road mod, which only affected intersections:  ALL OF THEM, and then I got the rest of it when it was included in a big all-in-one installer pack but now I use a combination of several intersection mods which does NOT include the Euro road mod for anything except as a backup for some intersections which another white stripe crosswalk mod doesn't fix)

I could probably upload it to the STEX, but I must point out that I do not know who made this mod! 

I also have this mod, i got it from PM
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

nerdly_dood

@ Tarkus:  Thanks, that helps me with giving credit to the creator :thumbsup:

@ SimsReporter:  Who is PM?  Last I knew, that meant "Private Message"

I like Mrtnlrn's guardrails a lot, and although I see problems with them, I must remind myself that they aren't done yet...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!