• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Haljackey, to answer your question, and elaborate on what Swamper and SA said, the answer more or less will be yes.  There are a few IIDs I had to change in order to fix the "texture artifacting" glitch that shows up on some of the puzzle pieces (namely the RHW-4-to-6 transition), but that's more or less it.  SA and I generally are in touch on a regular basis to discuss RHW development, so everything will be fine. ;) 
And he has access to the new Alpha Build for Version 21 . . .

Hope that answers your question. :)

Thanks for all the kind words on the new RHW-2/MIS Ramp interfaces, everyone.  I'll have more to show in a little bit . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Alfred.Jones

That looks awesome Tarkus!

I must say, I'm loving the new textures!!

Sim City 4 Devotion

pilotdaryl

Tarkus, maybe you could introduce some sort of mod similar to 'SAM' so that you can switch between texture sets like 'American concrete', 'american asphalt' and 'european.'  That a good idea?  Only problem would be that it could increase amount of puzzle pieces, filesize, size on menu and not to mention hard work...

j-dub

Here we go again with RHWAM. This wouldn't be the first request, even though it may not happen anytime soon, its a cool concept.
And Mrtnrln I don't know what happened, but it seems that the right lane on the RHW 6 is now cut off with the guard rails in the middle of the lane line, see on the bottom in the middle there? None the less, your creation is appreciated for the rhw creation

Shadow Assassin

QuoteThere are a few IIDs I had to change in order to fix the "texture artifacting" glitch that shows up on some of the puzzle pieces (namely the RHW-4-to-6 transition), but that's more or less it.

... and it only takes a few seconds to change... yay. :P

But seriously, it shouldn't take long at all to get out a texture update when 20a comes out. I might add a few new things, RUL-wise, too. :P

[Such as the MIS/OWR transition...]
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

BigSlark

What's that? Alpha v21?  :D  ;)

I've got good eyes!

Cheers,
Kevin

Tarkus

But wait, there's more . . .

pilotdaryl:  Well, the subject's been brought up before (recently).  j-dub more or less summed up what's going on, and to quote the FAQ (stickied at the top of every page of this thread):

Quote from: Tarkus
13.  With multiple texture sets possibly being completed in the near future, what is the possibility of creating a SAM-type setup for the RHW?

The idea of incorporating multiple texture variations for the RHW networks has been considered, however, it is considerably more difficult to do this for the RHW than for Streets, mainly due to the way in which the RHW is generally used.  While a nice idea, it is quite unlikely that such a project would come to fruition any time soon.

Personally, I think it would be better to focus on getting the Wider and Elevated RHWs, as well as more MIS interfaces before even thinking about doing texture variations.  It won't be happening soon, if ever.  Besides, I don't want to contribute to the overpopulation of -AM acronyms.  :D

Kevin (BigSlark), your eyes must be playing tricks on you.  ::)  (Of course, the sticky post has also had some . . . interesting changes. ;))

Back with more here soon . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

MandelSoft

Quote from: j-dub on May 19, 2008, 08:49:58 PM
Here we go again with RHWAM. This wouldn't be the first request, even though it may not happen anytime soon, its a cool concept.
And Mrtnrln I don't know what happened, but it seems that the right lane on the RHW 6 is now cut off with the guard rails in the middle of the lane line, see on the bottom in the middle there? None the less, your creation is appreciated for the rhw creation

This shouldn't be a problem. I also see that the RHW is wrong (A RHW-4 Instead of RHW-6). Maybe that is the thing what causes the problem.

EDIT: Great! MIS Smooth curves.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions

freedo50

Hi everyone, I've been playing around with the RHW and SA's textures in the last few days and they're superb! However, I noticed a bug yesterday when I created the following layout:

Obviously the intersection works fine in one direction, but not in the other! Thought you might like to know ;)

Fred

Shadow Assassin

It's a RUL thing, not my fault.  ;D

It's hard to explain, so it'd be better for Alex to explain it, LOL...

[edit]

Okay, I found a cool picture of a Super-2 expressway setup that could be used for the RHW-2's Euro mod MIS interchanges :P

New Horizons Productions

Shadow Assassin

*whistles innocently*

Haven't you ever wanted to do this?

;D
New Horizons Productions

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

MandelSoft

:o (Completely stunned)

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

el_cozu

good lord..... how did you know that?? XD... lol........ jk....... awesome!

Haljackey

Thanks everyone for answering my question!

Tarkus:  Very nice work with the MIS curves!   &apls

Shadow Assassin:  No way!  A avenue and OWR MIS transition both in one photo?  That's amazing!  Awesome work!   :thumbsup:

Best,
-Haljackey

el_cozu

Quote from: Haljackey on May 20, 2008, 08:24:35 AM

Shadow Assassin:  No way!  A avenue and OWR MIS transition both in one photo?  That's amazing!  Awesome work!   :thumbsup:

Best,
-Haljackey

well... that is actually just OWR MIS transition... since that avenue already converted to 2 OWR... then each were converted to MIS...

but yes...... it is definetly (is that spelled alright) awesome

bat

Fantastic work there on these textures, SA and Tarkus!

Tarkus

(freedo50):  What you've run into is indeed a RUL issue.  It looks more or less like that intersection needs a bit more in the way of stability RULing. It is indeed not SA's fault. :D

SA, it's great to see you jump into the RULing game now!  A most excellent job on those.

Another new concept for the MIS ramps:

And thanks for the compliments on the MIS curves . . . more coming soon. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

BigSlark

Well Done Alex and Daniel!  &apls

I'm really looking forward to v21...

Cheers,
Kevin