• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

0x5cc40301 doesn't appear to be taken, but I'd actually recommend using 0x5ec4b101 instead for what you're doing.  The center median tile on the RHW-6C has an IID of 0x5ec4b100.  That looks like a pretty cool project there, by the way--I think it'll prove quite popular. :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

Xyloxadoria

I used that value becsue it was the next one available that used that Boat prop. I changed it and now it seems to be working.
Thanks for your help  :thumbsup:

Swamper77

I see someone's making good use of the hand-crafted barrier props I made. :thumbsup:

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Haljackey

Well I have rigorously tested Xylo's new RHW-6C median and this NAM Associate gives the thumbs up!   :thumbsup:

A couple things to note:
-The light towers will appear a minimum of 3 tiles apart from each other. 
-They don't always appear synchronized.  Think about the signs Maxis used for their ground/elevated highways.  They pretty much appeared at random, which is similar to what is happening here.  Simply click the median again with the RHW drag tool to correct this or suit it to your liking.
-They will not light up without power, which makes sense to me!   ;)

Some pics from me:

Day.

Night.

NOTE:  I use Gizmo's darker nighttime mod.

Real world example:

High Mast lighting in your RHW-6C will be coming shortly!   :satisfied:

Best,
-Haljackey

Swamper77

The reason the lights don't appear every time is because the game is having to pick between displaying the central median barrier all the way down the median and your new T21s. The T21 for the central median barrier would have to be altered to make yours show up all the time.

As for Maxis' highway signs, they used a bunch of blank props in the prop family that contains the signs. So they only show up once in awhile instead of on every tile.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

LE0

Is the median light towers also possible for Rhw-10, 8, and 6S, and maybe 4? :satisfied:
Leoland coming Spring 2009

MandelSoft

Quote from: Haljackey on February 12, 2009, 10:55:32 PM
Night.

NOTE:  I use Gizmo's darker nighttime mod.

There appears to be a glitch with the lights: I see that the wrong lightcones has been used; It's too large.

Quote from: LE0 on February 13, 2009, 05:06:29 AM
Is the median light towers also possible for Rhw-10, 8, and 6S, and maybe 4? :satisfied:
The only technique I can think of is with offset props, but you still have to plop the lights (see my RHW median light pack over at ST). The lights for the RHW-6C are T21'd, which says that they appear automaticly.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Xyloxadoria

Quote from: mrtnrln on February 13, 2009, 05:31:05 AM
There appears to be a glitch with the lights: I see that the wrong lightcones has been used; It's too large.

I never noticed that. It seems to only show up when using the darker night, the upper part of the cone is to dim to be noticed otherwise. It happens because the creator of the light poles (i didn't make them) used one light cone prop for both tower sizes.  If theres a way to move a prop downwards in the negative, i could fix that, but i don't know if the game will like negative position values.

Does anyone know the networkplacmentpattern ID to make the props appear three tiles then skip the 4th? If i knew that i could fix the not always showing up thing also.

choco

its fine with negatives....

but the math is fun.

for instance:

0m = 0xFFFFFFFF (or 0x00000000) not really equal, but close enough for gov't work....
-1m = 0xFFFEFFFF (or 0xFFFF0000)
-2m = 0xFFFDFFFF (or 0xFFFE0000)
-16m = 0xFFEFFFFF (or 0xFFF00000)

least thats how i do it.....i've verified this with props on a a couple of my HSRP bridges....

i only did the math in my head, so if you dont get the right height....blame it on me....

Haljackey

Quote from: mrtnrln on February 13, 2009, 05:31:05 AM

You would notice that.  No wonder I have to plop so many lights!   :P

As for high mast lighting on other RHW networks, the RHW-6C is the only one that contains a barrier in which they can be T21ed (placed) in.  Other widths will need to have at least a 1 tile median and be plopped, along with a custom barrier.

smoncrie

The problem of the lights showing only 50% of the time that Xyloxadoria originally described comes from having more than one valid T21 for the same tile.  When this happens the game chooses one of the valid T21s at random.  As Xyloxadoria has implied the way to fix this is to use different placement patterns in the two T21s to make only one of them valid on any tile.

Xyloxadoria, what you need to do is to take the pattern that places the light on every forth tile, and flip all the bits. For example 0x01, 0x02, 0x04, 0x08 to 0x0E, 0x0D, 0x0B, 0x07

It might also be a good idea to make it so that the lights (and light poles) only show if there is power.  To do this you need to change the light prop.  I can describe this in more detail if you want.

sithlrd98

Lookin good Xyloxadoria ! Looks like you've got the hang of T-21 , can't wait to see your walls mod!  Is this just for Hal , or are you going to release when finished? 

Jayson

rusummer1

Could the newer mast lights be t21'd?  I forgot who made them though. They are black and have grey lights on the top
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

Blue Lightning

Xylo: It looks great so far!  :thumbsup: Its going to be a public release, right? Well, good luck!

Vince

PS: Something special might be coming.... hehe!
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Kitsune

Those concrete barriers should be plopable, they could be used in a million situations....
~ NAM Team Member

Swamper77

They are available as props in the Lot Editor if you have the RHW Plugin installed. Keep in mind that they will not cast shadows since they are True3D models. If they were BATted props, they wouldn't have the detail that they currently do.

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

dragonshardz

I apologize for asking, but are Xylo's barriers available? I haven't been around for a while and I'm really not sure. If they are available could someone please point me to their location?

Haljackey

Quote from: sithlrd98 on February 13, 2009, 04:08:59 PM
Is this just for Hal , or are you going to release when finished? 

Quote from: Blue Lightning on February 13, 2009, 05:23:10 PM
Xylo: It looks great so far!  :thumbsup: Its going to be a public release, right?

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 14, 2009, 10:39:35 AM
I apologize for asking, but are Xylo's barriers available?

No need to apologize dragonshardz.  They aren't (publicly) available now, but they will be soon.  A few issues are being fixed.

I'm sure Xyloxadoria will make an announcement here when they are up for download.

Best,
-Haljackey

dragonshardz

Alright then! Wow, a LOT has happened since I was last here, a new NAM, RHW, all sorts of things. The download rush begins...NOW!

hendo123456

If anyone could help i dont know how to download this, i clicked the PC download link but i see no download button, i made an account on the site, please direct me to where i need to go, thanks