• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highrise99

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Dexter

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on June 04, 2010, 07:12:01 AM
I would just love this, in a two-lane version, that is. Most of my RHW-roundabout connections are with RHW-4, not RHW-6.

Yeah I just made that up quickly to demonstrate - as you said, in real life it would be with a 2 laned carriageway (RHW-4).
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

Rady

Hi all,

I just came across the problem that I cannot build an RHW bridge in that situation:

I can build a normal road bridge without problems, but if I drag an RHW over that river, the track turns red and tells me I cannotn build a bridge here ...? Neither for an RHW2, nor an RHW4.

I tried different locations to cross the river, with no difference.

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Highrise99

Is it possible to make a functional connection to a neighbor city with the RHW-10 without the RHW v4.05?

jdenm8

@ Rady, there would be a way but it would involve raising the highway. I think that the ground level there is lower that it needs to be to support an RHW bridge.

@Highrise99, there's always the loop connector method from before RHW V4.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Highrise99

I know there is the "invisible loop" connector piece, but what are you describing here?  The "east side issue" prevents the pieces from being turned a specific way on the east side for neighbor connectors other than RHW-2 and RHW-4.

Nego

Quote from: Highrise99 on June 04, 2010, 10:49:58 AM
About when will the RHW 4.05 come out?
See FAQ # 4

Remember Highrise99, the RHW v4.05 is still in development. Also, it's not a major update so don't expect too much out of it.

Edit (6/6/2010):
The bottom section of this post was edited to avoid confusion when using loop connectors with the RHW.

Quote from: Highrise99 on June 04, 2010, 06:25:01 PM
I know there is the "invisible loop" connector piece, but what are you describing here?  The "east side issue" prevents the pieces from being turned a specific way on the east side for neighbor connectors other than RHW-2 and RHW-4.

Loop connecters were used before RHW v4 when there were no neighbor connector puzzle pieces. They are made like this:

Just drag 6S, 10, or what ever RHW you want, besides RHW-4, to the edge of your city and click 'Accept' in the pop-up to make the connection. Then drag RHW-2 over the last tile and your done. When using RHW 4, transition the HWY to Road, and then drag RHW-2 to build the connection on the last tile.

See Alex's post for more information.

:)

moonlinght

Hello everybody.

This is great MOD! I use it very often :thumbsup:
By the way,Please look at the picture below.
(I play Simcity4 of LHD)

As for the explanation, it is suitable but the arrow is opposite.
I hope to mend the problem of this arrow this time.

And Please tell me...

Path file reverses though I want to use FLEXFly.Why does path file reverse ()what()
Of course,The check was put in LHD of NAM and RHW, and, the plug-in was done.

Your comment would be appreciated ;)
Then, good night(Japan is midnight now) $%#Ninj2

Blue Lightning

FLEXFly is supposed to have dual-way pathing on the RHW-4. As for the previews, its a known issue.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

jp

i noticed this path error & cars end up outside the road

Tarkus

Quote from: Blue Lightning on June 05, 2010, 09:55:52 AM
As for the previews, its a known issue.

Actually, the preview issue is the result of having the LHD Plugin loose in the Plugins folder, which causes the RealHighway_Transitions.dat file to load after the LHD Plugin and causes RHD arrows to appear on the transition pieces.  Place your RHW LHD files in the NAM's LHD folder and it should work fine.

Edit: Added to FAQ now.  Once RL's calmed back down in a couple days I'll make sure the installation process is putting the LHD Plugin in the correct place (a subfolder) rather than loose. 

-Alex

moonlinght

@Blue Lightning
Quote from: Blue Lightning on June 05, 2010, 09:55:52 AM
FLEXFly is supposed to have dual-way pathing on the RHW-4. As for the previews, its a known issue.

There is both path file. It functioned without trouble when I actually developed the city.

@Tarkus
Quote from: Tarkus on June 05, 2010, 12:56:59 PM
Actually, the preview issue is the result of having the LHD Plugin loose in the Plugins folder, which causes the RealHighway_Transitions.dat file to load after the LHD Plugin and causes RHD arrows to appear on the transition pieces.  Place your RHW LHD files in the NAM's LHD folder and it should work fine.
"RealHighwayMod_LEFT_HAND_VERSIONS_ONLY_Required_Additional_Plugin.dat" When "z" was added, and renamed to the head of the name of the file, arrow issue was repaired.

Thank you for a quick reply about Blue Lightning san and Tarkus san. :thumbsup:

Highrise99

Quote from: Nego on June 04, 2010, 07:12:00 PM
See FAQ # 4

Remember Highrise99, the RHW v4.05 is still in development. Also, it's not a major update so don't expect too much out of it.

Loop connecters were used before RHW v4 when there were no neighbor connector puzzle pieces. They look like this:

Just drag RHW-4 or 6S or what ever RHW you want to the edge of your city and click 'Accept' in the pop-up to make the connection. Then drag RHW-2 over the last tile (as seen in the picture) and your done. It should look like the picture you see above when your done if you used RHW-4

:)
When I dragged the RHW-2 across the highway, the whole end turned into RHW-2.

In case this is important, I was using RHW-10, where the sections were 0 tiles apart.

TEG24601

Am I the only one who doesn't quite understand what FlexFly is?  I understand that it is supposed to allow the gradual curve fly-over ramps, but that is about it.  I was able to place a gradual ramp, after finally finding the location in the curves menu, but I keep reading about being able to draw my own, which for me ends up with a blank section of roadway.  Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

TEG

Tarkus

Quote from: Highrise99 on June 06, 2010, 12:23:14 PM
When I dragged the RHW-2 across the highway, the whole end turned into RHW-2.

In case this is important, I was using RHW-10, where the sections were 0 tiles apart.

Actually, that's what you want.  The Loop Connector Nego showed will actually not function properly.  As the traffic is technically going one-way once it hits the very edge of the city tile, still.  If you are building a Loop Connector, you need to break up the "one-way"-ness before the the edge. 

For all the networks except the RHW-4, that should happen automatically.  For the RHW-4, break up the override by transitioning to Road, and then drag the RHW tool to build the connection there at the very end--it'll be RHW-2 at this point and the connection will work.

Quote from: TEG24601 on June 06, 2010, 12:25:45 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't quite understand what FlexFly is?  I understand that it is supposed to allow the gradual curve fly-over ramps, but that is about it.  I was able to place a gradual ramp, after finally finding the location in the curves menu, but I keep reading about being able to draw my own, which for me ends up with a blank section of roadway.  Any help or explanation would be appreciated.

TEG

The "draw" bit refers to dragging out of either end of the piece--there should be EMIS coming out.

-Alex

Twinsfan14

QuoteNew bridges, including bridges for wider RHWs, by choco (downloaded separately).

Where can I find these bridges?

Blue Lightning

Quote from: TEG24601 on June 06, 2010, 12:25:45 PM

TEG

The point of FLEXFly is that you place the piece in the position you want, demolish the construction tile, and draw RHW under and through FLEXFly. You can also do it by placing it on top of an existing RHW.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Twinsfan14 on June 06, 2010, 02:21:10 PM
Where can I find these bridges?
If I'm not mistaken, they haven't been released yet.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Highrise99

Quote from: Tarkus on June 06, 2010, 12:54:06 PM
Actually, that's what you want.  The Loop Connector Nego showed will actually not function properly.  As the traffic is technically going one-way once it hits the very edge of the city tile, still.  If you are building a Loop Connector, you need to break up the "one-way"-ness before the the edge. 

For all the networks except the RHW-4, that should happen automatically.  For the RHW-4, break up the override by transitioning to Road, and then drag the RHW tool to build the connection there at the very end--it'll be RHW-2 at this point and the connection will work.
Should I convert the sections on the outside to RHW-2 also?