• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

titanicbuff

Try running it as administrator, that might help. If that doesn't work try redownloading NAM
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

mp2893

Tried both methods, still the same crash.
I even downloaded NAM from two different websites, but I get the same crash.
I have googled this for hours, but it seems like I am the only one with this problem.

I don't even think this is due to my Steam Simcity at all.
I think I should at least be able to see the setup types whether I have Simcity or not.

Indiana Joe

mp2893

Korean 64bit Windows 7 KN SP1 (Windows Media Player separately installed)
Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.70GHz
Mainboard Gigabyte P67A-UD3R-B3
RAM 16.0GB
GeForce GTX 580 (Version 337.88)
DirectX 11

If you need any more info, I will try to provide as much as possible.

titanicbuff

try shutting off 7 cores and use just 1- SC is unstable along with anything associated with it when using a multicore system- but installing on 1 core it may work
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

jdenm8

It's a long shot, but it may be a Unicode problem. Try setting Windows to English (If you can) while installing the NAM.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

mp2893

I downloaded NAM from below websites.

ModDB
(http://www.moddb.com/mods/network-addon-mod/downloads/network-addon-mod-version-32)

SC4Devotion
(http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=851)

I tried to work with only 1 CPU, but I couldn't figure out how to turn off 7 cores.
So I used the parameter -CPUCount:1 on both Simcity4 and NAM installer, but still crash occurs.
I will try changing my Windows to English.
Thanks for helping out!!

mp2893

After some futile attempts to convert my Korean Windows to English Windows, I figured out that you need to own Windows Ultimate for this functionality.
Since I own Windows 7 Premium, there is no way I can change my Windows to English version without paying some serious dollars.
So I give up installing NAM mode after all. Maybe better luck when I move to the States and buy a new computer.

mgb204

I think you missed the UNICODE part regarding changing languages. Quite correctly only Ultimate can change the User language, but the UNICODE language can be changed regardless of the version used.

In English you must follow these steps:

- Click Start, Control Pannel, Region and Language
- Then click the last TAB "Administrative"

Here you can change the language for "non-Unicode programs". Click the button "Change system locale..." and select English (United States) from the list. Save by clicking OK twice then reboot.

I hope you can follow that with a Korean OS, if not post again and I'll put some screenshots together to give you a better visual guide.

mp2893

I tried changing the system locale to English (United States), but this didn't work either.
After that I decided to change the Windows itself to English, which I couldn't succeed.
I am quite curious if I am the only Korean who's struggling with this problem.

nikelvin

Hi all,

Finally decided to rekindle my love for SC4 and bought it for my Mac last night on the App Store. Of course, I downloaded NAM 32.1 with it, but am having home issues. When I click on "NAM 32.1 Mac Wrapper.app", the NAM logo shows up on my dock but the installer doesn't pop up. And after a while it just closes itself. Can anybody give me a hand?

Thanks!

Spaney

The mac installer doesn't open anything...  please help.  I am running osx10.9.4, when I open the installer nothing happens whatsoever.

I will try unpacking with a different program incase it didn't entirely unpack properly.. I've already tried redownloading the file....

memo

Quote from: nikelvin on August 09, 2014, 07:23:11 AM
Finally decided to rekindle my love for SC4 and bought it for my Mac last night on the App Store. Of course, I downloaded NAM 32.1 with it, but am having home issues. When I click on "NAM 32.1 Mac Wrapper.app", the NAM logo shows up on my dock but the installer doesn't pop up. And after a while it just closes itself. Can anybody give me a hand?
Quote from: Spaney on August 10, 2014, 08:58:01 AM
The mac installer doesn't open anything...  please help.  I am running osx10.9.4, when I open the installer nothing happens whatsoever.

I will try unpacking with a different program incase it didn't entirely unpack properly.. I've already tried redownloading the file....

Sorry, I have no idea why that is, in any of your cases. I haven't heard of this problem before, nor of a solution. I am running 10.9.4, too, and haven't had any issues with that, so far.

The installer wrapper was created with Wineskin 2.6.0 Engine WS9Wine.1.7.21, if that is of any help.

mgb204

Is anybody able to help me track down the last few Maxis white textures in the RHW - FA Intersections:

I've searched through so many texture files to no avail, maybe I'm just at the point of texture fatigue, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

memo

They are contained in the file "RealHighway_Special.dat" in the IID range 0x5e100###.

Wiimeiser

For some reason the only way the game will allow me to connect to draggable FAR-3 is through perpendicular intersections, everything else is either illegal or undefined.

EDIT: I seem to have figured it out, but I don't see how to make a long curve, assuming it's supported...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Durfsurn

The NAM Users Manual shows all the patterns for draggable stuff, why don't you check out that?

-Billy

mgb204

Quote from: memo on August 13, 2014, 10:37:13 PM
They are contained in the file "RealHighway_Special.dat" in the IID range 0x5e100###.

Thanks Memo... I'm sure I tried the files in here, but maybe I screwed something up, today armed with the right place to look I got them first time  ()stsfd().

---

I've noticed a small problem with the OWR exit from the Tram in Road Roundabout during my re-texturing:

If you place the OWR indicators the correct way, then the paths exit from the roundabout for drivers coming the wrong way. If you correctly connect it, then one tile has no paths. All development on both OWRs is affected so I think somethings maybe wrong? I'm using a LHD setup with Euro Textures btw.

:Edit: I was able to test this with Euro/RHD and the paths are fine, is there some problem with the LHD paths for this piece, or does it simply not have them?

mgb204

As this is a totally different issue, I hope the double-post is not considered a faux-pas.

I am working with the Tram in Road stuff as part of my sidewalk replacement mod and came across a problem with the S-Curve Puzzle pieces for both Tram in Road and Tram on Road.

Both these pieces have two options, one with full sidewalks and a rural version with transparency instead. However, when I create replacement files with the same transparent area as the originals, only the Urban versions display correctly, the regular ones have white where they are transparent. I'm guessing I need to do something with my replacement textures I'm not doing as having checked the original NAM files I couldn't find another set of textures or a set of Alpha textures for these pieces. I'm totally lost as to what I'm doing wrong here, can anyone explain what is needed to replicate the default behavior with my mod?

Edit: I've worked it out now, sorry for jumping the gun. In case anyone else wants to know, I needed to include a set of Alpha images when creating the textures. Now the alphas work to show transparency for the Urban versions, but are ignored for the regular ones and everything is good.