• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

As the path files likely don't exist in your installation, there isn't a load order issue that I'm aware of.  I'd go for the RealRailway folder just as you did.

-Alex

builder

It worked! The issue is resolved now. Finally, I thought I'd never be able to use normal heavy rail in-game anymore.

Thank you Tarkus for helping me out!

EDIT: What about the park-and-ride box that I ticked? I couldn't find anywhere that explained this in detail other than the info in the installer. What does it do, precisely?

Coogan

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere already.  I'm having a graphics glitch with FlexFly over Maxis Avenues.  It should be pretty self-explanatory in the image.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Coogan

compdude787

Convert the avenue to RHW-4 and it should work. Either way, it seems unusual to have FlexFly over an avenue, and that seems like it's not supported.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Coogan

Quote from: compdude787 on December 19, 2014, 12:28:39 PM
Convert the avenue to RHW-4 and it should work. Either way, it seems unusual to have FlexFly over an avenue, and that seems like it's not supported.

I've been trying to figure out how to connect an avenue to RHW via T-junction for weeks now, and nothing seems to work, other than just converting RHW-4 to an avenue and just having them intersect at a stoplight.

And on that note, I absolutely cannot get the Avenue EMIS to connect to either the FlexHeight or the puzzle-based Height Transitions.  Well, the HT can butt up against the EMIS T-intersection, but it doesn't look pretty, and it only lets me use the starterless ramps, which won't connect to the ground MIS.  As far as I can tell, Avenue EMIS is basically useless, because it'll either connect to no pieces, or only one piece on either side.  How am I supposed to use it?

Tarkus

What do you mean by "Avenue EMIS"?  Do you mean the old Avenue x EMIS (L2 MIS) intersection puzzle pieces?  If so, those pieces are essentially obsolete--you can actually drag the MIS right out of the Flex-HT and intersect one of the draggable Avenue viaducts (including the L1).

-Alex

Coogan

Quote from: Tarkus on December 19, 2014, 01:14:40 PM
What do you mean by "Avenue EMIS"?  Do you mean the old Avenue x EMIS (L2 MIS) intersection puzzle pieces?  If so, those pieces are essentially obsolete--you can actually drag the MIS right out of the Flex-HT and intersect one of the draggable Avenue viaducts (including the L1).

-Alex

I guess those are the ones; under Build Roads -> RHW/AVE.  Are those the ones that are obsolete?  Man, I've been banging my head for 2 weeks now trying to figure out how to get them to work.  Kinda feel like a dufus now :)

Coogan

-Alex

I've tried the latter a few times and I always end up with a jumble of mismatched pieces and missing textures.  All clicking around does is move the jumble to a different place.  Is there some kind of pattern to it?  I've watched YouTube tutorials and Haljackey, etc, always seem to know where to click to fix it up and get it to look right.

compdude787

Quote from: Coogan on December 19, 2014, 01:51:51 PM

-Alex

I've tried the latter a few times and I always end up with a jumble of mismatched pieces and missing textures.  All clicking around does is move the jumble to a different place.  Is there some kind of pattern to it?  I've watched YouTube tutorials and Haljackey, etc, always seem to know where to click to fix it up and get it to look right.

Well, you just have to click all over the place until it all displays correctly.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

diego6677

Hello all.

I seem to have a serious bug in NAM 32 for GHSR to HSR onslope. 

I don't know if it is just me or it is universal bug to everyone who has NAM32.  I attach a screenshot.  Why would it appear like that? It doesn't serve any purpose nor function.  I checked my installer and I have installed all necessary installation but still it still appear like that.  I once thought it was due to a visual glitch but it is not the case as I replicate it in several cities of various size.

So is this bug or what?  And how do we go solving about it?

Thank you for answer.

Tarkus

I just used the piece now--there is no bug.  Its preview is a bit odd, and it'll also look odd if you place it on flat ground like that, but as long as you point the arrows toward the ground portion when the slope is actually involved, you'll be alright.  I was able to successfully build a GHSR to HSR On-Slope.

-Alex

NielsC007

I don't know if this bug has already been reported, but when I try to make a diagonal MIS x Diagonal AVE 4 intersection I get this bug:

Tarkus

Confirmed, and its paths are not working properly.  Revived the GitHub issues list and posted it there.  Some of the stuff we're doing for NAM 33 will knock out the RUL issue (which looks like a texture issue), but this isn't anything we can really patch before that release.

-Alex

jmdude1

Does this pathing look right? It the only network that has these red flashing 'L' shaped lines, and there are no crossovers (lane changes) for the green paths, like rhw6c, etc.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm using Imgur. Let's see if it works this time.

Haljackey

Quote from: jmdude1 on December 31, 2014, 04:35:41 AM
Does this pathing look right? It the only network that has these red flashing 'L' shaped lines, and there are no crossovers (lane changes) for the green paths, like rhw6c, etc.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi jmdude1,

I am unable to see your image. Says it's not available. Would you be able to try uploading it again or use another host?
Thanks!

diego6677

Quote from: Tarkus on December 27, 2014, 11:13:15 PM
I just used the piece now--there is no bug.  Its preview is a bit odd, and it'll also look odd if you place it on flat ground like that, but as long as you point the arrows toward the ground portion when the slope is actually involved, you'll be alright.  I was able to successfully build a GHSR to HSR On-Slope.

-Alex

Alex,

Thank you for your input but I still find lots of bugs this time.  I still don't know how to solve it properly with your suggestion.  please can you show me how to do it (picture please)?

When I tried to follow your suggestion, it made the "visual bugs" worse.  ()what() I attach latest screenshot for your reference.  There is clearly something wrong with the setup (or with how I go about it).   

Please kindly advise me on how to solve this strange problem, or at least, the correct approach to use this puzzle piece.  I checked documentation but nothing is there.  ()what()

Thank you again and happy new year.

Diego

APSMS

Any suggestions? Thanks.

<snip>
Ah, the readme (and dev forums), such oft neglected items...though honestly I have no idea if you've read it or not; it's been such a long time since I read it myself that I can't remember if it talks about these things or if it's just me digging through forum archives.

The paths are fine. The automata automatically change lanes between paths going the same direction on the same tile. Lane crossovers for the RHW-6C are there because each direction's lanes occupy more than one tile, and require paths to allow the Sims to change into the extra lane.

Not sure if it's mentioned in the readme, but the red markings are distilled intersection paths (DIPs) that increase the capacity of the network in question by 25%. This is done to make the RHW-6S more than a cosmetic clone of the RHW-4 network. You'll see these on a lot of NWM networks, as well as intersections (I think &Thk/(). A quick test with the U drive it mode or in a sandbox city forced connection (homes to jobs and back) would show the paths as working fine.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Coogan

Is there anything I can do about this?  I've been clicking all over the place for over 45 minutes so far, and this is the best I can get it (notice the RHW-6 to the overpass, then it converts to RHW-4, then back out to RHW-6 again).

I really hope this mad clicking stuff gets resolved (or at least easier) in the next NAM, because it's one of the most infuriating things I've ever dealt with.  And I've got 2 pre-K kids :)

Tarkus

Quote from: diego6677 on December 31, 2014, 09:47:02 AM
Please kindly advise me on how to solve this strange problem, or at least, the correct approach to use this puzzle piece.  I checked documentation but nothing is there.  ()what()

There isn't a ton of documentation for HSRP, as it went through a period of 5 years where absolutely nothing was done to it.  It took me a little getting used to myself, but there's actually instructions listed on the description for the piece.  I'll try to get some sort of visual aid up in a bit.

Quote from: Coogan on December 31, 2014, 11:55:09 AM
Is there anything I can do about this?  I've been clicking all over the place for over 45 minutes so far, and this is the best I can get it (notice the RHW-6 to the overpass, then it converts to RHW-4, then back out to RHW-6 again).

I really hope this mad clicking stuff gets resolved (or at least easier) in the next NAM, because it's one of the most infuriating things I've ever dealt with.  And I've got 2 pre-K kids :)

FlexSPUI has quite a few issues presently, and has had them for awhile.  It's not fully up to date with the new RHW specs, and with some spec changes in progress with the other side of it (the Avenue side), it's really in an awkward place.  Might be able to band-aid it a little bit, but the entire FlexSPUI codebase is likely to be completely tossed in the garbage and rewritten for the release after next.

-Alex

Edit: Diego, as promised, here's a screenshot of how I placed the HSRP OnSlope.  Part of the issue you've been encountering may be because the higher ground you're trying to place it on is too short and narrow, and the starters on the end are deforming it.  At least 3 tiles length on the higher ground should be adequate.

Happy New Year to everyone!

jmdude1

Quote from: APSMS on December 31, 2014, 10:59:17 AM
Any suggestions? Thanks.

<snip>
Ah, the readme (and dev forums), such oft neglected items...though honestly I have no idea if you've read it or not; it's been such a long time since I read it myself that I can't remember if it talks about these things or if it's just me digging through forum archives.

The paths are fine. The automata automatically change lanes between paths going the same direction on the same tile. Lane crossovers for the RHW-6C are there because each direction's lanes occupy more than one tile, and require paths to allow the Sims to change into the extra lane.

Not sure if it's mentioned in the readme, but the red markings are distilled intersection paths (DIPs) that increase the capacity of the network in question by 25%. This is done to make the RHW-6S more than a cosmetic clone of the RHW-4 network. You'll see these on a lot of NWM networks, as well as intersections (I think &Thk/(). A quick test with the U drive it mode or in a sandbox city forced connection (homes to jobs and back) would show the paths as working fine.

Actually, I read the NAM documentation regularly when I can't figure something out and there are 100's of pages of NAM questions, forgive me for not going through them all. I just figured I could post a question in the 'NAM questions and problems' thread and somebody might be able to help.

Thanks for the response and the explanation as well.