• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Heartland - Random Images

Started by meinhosen, February 23, 2007, 06:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meinhosen

About a month ago I planned an update that, sadly, I wasn't able to follow through on.  My sincerest apologies for (once again) not keeping my word.

I wanted to take this time to thank all of you one final time for your support, kind comments, kind feedback, and all the great ideas and inspiration that I have received and taken from everyone.  Tomorrow morning I will be turning in my internet router and will be without internet access for a substantial amount of time while I deploy to the Middle East.  As this will be my last update with a MD until we all start playing SC Societies I had hoped to have a going-away gift for all of you, but alas real life has had a monopoly on my time since early October.

I've enjoyed my stay here, and will miss the fun that posting and reading comments on the forums brings.  While I'm hesitant to say that I'll be around regularly, I will certainly attempt to drop by as time and mission allow. 

Best of wishes to all of you, and a special thanks to all the regulars who helped bring this MD from the ground all the way up to a SC4D classic.

See you (at the very least) in 2009!

meinhosen.. a.k.a.  Sgt K..  a.k.a.  Chris..

It wouldn't be right to leave without responding the comments prior to this post...

pat - Thanks for all the great comments, jokes, and inspiration (from your MD).  I do owe you a bigger thanks than I have time to type...

thundercrack - I'm sorry to disappoint... RL has been unkind.  Thank you for the great comments, and a special thanks for making the post that bumped Heartland from a Best Seller to a Classic!   ;D

bat & sebes   - Thanks for the comment about the RL photo, and again, my apologies on not following through.

royal - No, unfortunately it's not a Dash 9.  The lettering on the locomotive (not visible in that particular pic) identifies the engines as GP15's... really really old US freight engines.

Nardo (x3!) - I agree on the sound of the freight engines... when I heard/saw these coming I ended up racing my car to the bridge where the pic was snapped... I think it worked out well.  And I do agree... railway fans of the world- Unite!

BigSlark - Close call on the locomotive type... like I told royal, they're GP15's.  Former CNW if I had to take a guess.  As for the SD40-2's, here's a link to a picture I snapped about an hour after the one I've already shown.

threestooges & Eddie - Thank you!

marcszar - Thanks marc!  And yes, I am a model railroader, HO scale to be exact.  I have a humble 4'x8' layout which is (suprise) rural in it's scenery.

urban & sebes - Thank you!

Godzillaman - I'm not sure how you managed double engines in SC4... but if you have a secret please share...   ;)  No, the only way I've been able to do that is by using static props or by adding extra engines in Adobe Photoshop.

Giligone - Thank you!  I'll keep my eyes out for Marines... I'm sure that I'll run into more than a few if this time is anything like last time.

Thanks to all of you!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

threestooges

Chris,
It is us, not you, who should be doing the thanking. A MD doesn't become a classic without substantial dedication and passion for the work. That is, after all, why people post. I am certainly going to miss this MD, but I enjoyed the ride. I will be keeping an eye out just in case you're able to post a pic or two. While you may not be around regularly, you are always welcome around these parts, and it would be good to hear how things continue to go for you (as circumstances allow). Take it easy, we'll be here when you swing by.
-Matt (threestooges)

BigSlark

Wow. I can't believe I missed that one, Chris. Looking again I notice the lack of dynamic brakes and the 2-axle trucks. Ah well, living next to a constant stream of Illinois Central GP's, SD-70's, and SD-40-2's for the last couple of years have really dampened my spotting skills. I used to live near the Norfolk Southern's Alabama Great Southern line from Birmingham to New Orleans that was complete with Kansas City Southern trackage rights, back when they had an odd mix of leased and used power, ranging from ex-CN wide-body SD-40-2F's to leased Conrail GE's to the odd old MidSouth, previously ICG, nee Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio GP-35's and 30's, and not run through UP and BNSF motive power before repainting of BN/AT&SF/SP/Rio Grande units had really began in earnest. Not to mention the often 14-car strong Amtrak Crescent. Talk about train watching paradise...

Anyway, could you post some photos of your layout? I used to be an HO-scaler myself until time, money, and space conspired against me. I prefer Southern steam from the interwar years, I recently acquired the plans for a New Orleans & Great Northern 2-8-0 built in 1915 and my first major project once I get the time, space, and money back next year is to recreate this little jewel.

Okay, okay, enough railfanning on SC4D, and in your MD no less!

Cheers,
Kevin

Pat

Chris, my friend you have it all so wrong... It is I that owe you a biiiiiiiiiiig thanks to you....  &apls &apls &apls
You are serving our country and going back to Iraq.... That is a great sacrifice my friend,
one that i cant do for my country.... I'm glad to have been an inspiration to you and I'm
really sadden to see you sign off...

Chris i don't say this much but if its not a problem to the community at large, I would love to leave a little prayer for you...

A Soldier's Prayer

Almighty Father, Whose Command is over all and Whose Love never faileth,

let me be aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will.

Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty

in purpose and in deed, and helping me so to soldier and to live

so as to stand unashamed and unafraid before my fellow soldiers,

my loved ones, and Thee.  

Protect those in whose love I live.

Give me the will to do the work of a man and to accept my share

of responsibilities with a strong heart and a cheerful mind.

Make me considerate of those entrusted to my leadership

and faithful to the duties my country has entrusted to me.

Let my uniform remind me daily of the traditions

of the Service of which I am a part.

If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith;

if I am tempted, make me strong to resist;

if I should miss the mark, bestow upon me courage to try again.

Guide me with the light of Thy truth ~ and keep before me the life of

Him in Whose example and deliverance I trust.

In the name of my Lord,

Amen.

~ Authored by an unknown World War II  U.S. Navy Serviceman

Father god I want to ask that you protect Chris as he goes and serves his country with great pride an honor.... Send him the guardian's angels to watch over him and help him return safely to his family, his loved one's, his friends and to us on Devotions his online friends.... Your holy name i pray amen................. 

Any one wishing to view A Soldier's Prayer [linkie] Please do so as that link was sent to me looooooong time ago and now i know why.... OK i thread jacked long enough god bless Chris and safe return - your Northwoods friend and FF/First Responder - Pat (PL-648)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Hello, my good friend!

I hope that all goes well for you in the Middle East and that you and your unit all stay safe! Your work, not only here, but more importantly as a member of our armed forces, will always be an inspiration to me!

Take care!

Dustin

sebes

Meinhosen, I will the updates and especially the great pictures that you took in the game, showing shamelessly to us all how skilled you are in the game.

I hope you will return safe back in the USA, and looking forward to see some more of excellent gameplaying after your returned.

Take care my friend.
Sebes.

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN