• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Heartland - Random Images

Started by meinhosen, February 23, 2007, 06:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

This is a great looking region! Thanks again for finally explaining how some MJ's have long trains.

Also, what plugins are you using for your locomotives?

Badsim

Quote from: meinhosen on March 10, 2007, 07:17:40 PM

I think in all reality I ought to rename this MD "How to do Eyecandy on a Budget Plugins Folder".  Since my poor old computer cries for mercy when I load up big/developed maps, my goal is to keep my plugins below 700mb (which means I can load a city in less than a half hour).  Currently, I have 722mb of quality packed/crammed/shoved into the plugins, a lot of which you've seen over the past few updates.

It's a capital information ... I congratulate you for this result with these limitations !  :thumbsup:
Notable work with Peg's pond kit . That's requesting such patience ... I agree about Sorchin's rocks , the dark ones fit better with your landscape .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

sebes

And I get leery from your pictures. Man, the Google-Earth like region view of Cedarville is awesome, but for the pictures from Bearclaw Pass I have no words.. &dance &dance &dance
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

kimcar

&apls Great region view that you show to us . I like the train scenery very much. Good use of the Peg pound too.

Keep goig.  :thumbsup:

nova vesfalo

I've never comment this MD, The railway layout is outstanding ! The pic of the countryside with the fild on the hill, the canyon in colorado, everything is WOW-ing !

Heinz

hello. drove into heartland today and i just had to say something. the Philippines, i believe, is mostly an agricultural country. save for maybe a handful of cities, everywhere you look there would be a farm of some sort. and wow, man. cedarville just blew me away. your md is so in touch with the soul. mine, at the very least. nothing like living with nature. awe inspiring work. your patience will be a benchmark of mine.

NikNik

Fantastic updates. I missed a view I guess. Great pictures, those from the region from above.
Those new NAM curves are well used!

Bearclaw pass must be a lumber's village, oh no some mining activity I would presume, judging from the big plant in the middle of the town.

Boseridge: What a great river you've made. No use of ploppable water, just good 'ol PEG pieces.  &apls

Nik-Nik

Giligone

Quote from: meinhosen on March 10, 2007, 07:17:40 PM

Moving east, we find the city of Boseridge, CO.  Seen above is Bose Island, just south of the town.  (It's amazing that when you're strapped for city names what you can come up with when you look around your desktop... soon to come are the cities of Dell, Inspiron, Bic, and Laserjet  :P )
(And no, I was not eating a bear claw when I made Bearclaw Pass)

Hahaha! I totally know what you mean! Thats exactly what I do. I was looking for a name for my city back in the fall and I saw my "Finding Nemo" dvd lying around and so "Nemonos" became my city. haha. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who does that.  :D

Also, fantastic cities by the way. You've really perfected the midwest style town. Great work

Gaston

I have several cities named for my cat.   Bunches Bottom, Sleepy Kitty, Litter Valley, etc.  LOL     She always likes to lay across my arm while I play and while I am at Devotion as well.    Yup she is asleep on my arm right now.    I have gotten pretty good at typing with only my right hand so I don't disturb her.   LOL

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Pat

wow total awsome MD here great work,  i loved the rails awsome,  looks sooooooo real
looking forward to the next update - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Cali

i agree with pat, awesome pics ,can't wait to see more :)
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

kwakelaar

I very much liked this small town of Bearclaw and the railway and road leading there through the valley, and you have also done a very good job with pegs streams, nice!

dedgren

Why, why, WHY cant we have the surface qualities of PEG's ploppable water AND realistic shorelines?

Nice update, my friend.  The town of Bearclaw Pass reminds me of pre I-70 Idaho Springs [linkie].

You've got a great start here!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Nardo69

Hello my friend - remember me from st?

I must confess this is my first post in a MD here on SC4D and I must say ... this railway line is yummy! For a European RR a tad too much crossings but AFAIK American Railways have still some due to their lower train frequency and speed.

Anyway ... that S-curve in the small town with the industry next to it is just superb - love that one!  &apls

I guess I have to show up here more often ...

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Bearclaw pass looks great.  I really like the winding train line with the use of the curve piece!
:thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

jmyers2043

Hello Meinhosen . . . I just spotted this diary. I enjoyed looking at all of your pictures. You have a nice plugins folder. I especially like your Bear Claw Pass pictures. The small town you depicted in your reply #37 is wonderful. Most people place industry way away from their commercial and residential zones. You'll need to place a small church in the town center.

I think that you are using Cycledogs Meadowshire terrain textures? I like how it puts brownish reddish spots on the hillsides.

I'll stop by occasionally to see what you're up to. Good Luck.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Ralph

emilin

Your latest updates look just as amazing as your urban pictures, which is rarely seen. Most people playing this game seem to be either/or types when it comes to rural vs urban development. You are among the few that really know how to work both environments. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

meinhosen

Holy smokes, what a response... I think I'll have to stick around in the mountains a bit longer.  ;D

thundercrack83 - Thanks for the comments.  Actually, you should thank Dedgren/David, since 3RR was the first place I saw the railcurves used (I wouldn't have known about them otherwise, since the Readme made no mention of them)

threestooges - Thanks for the kind comments.  It was good to see some affirmation of my use of sorchin's rocks- I've taken them out since that last post so I can rethink how I can best use them.  On a second note, I'm working on putting out my own "Long Trains" mod file.  I'll attach it to a post in my Automata thread once it's completed.

BigSlark - I sent you a PM about the locomotives.  To anyone else interested, you can find them on the STEX if you search for Dearnan.

Badsim - Thanks for the compliment!

sebes - Leery?  lol, that's a new one.  Thanks!

kimcar - Great to see you back, and thank you for the comment!

nova vesfalo - Cool, another first time commenter, thanks for stopping by.  I hope you find more stuff worth commenting on!

zniehadajet - Thanks for the visit.  I'll have to highlight the Greene County Tourism Bureau (Cedarville) for you so you can find all the sights and attractions.

NikNik - Boseridge is going to be a mining town once I can get the silly mines to play along with the landscape.  I've got a couple of nice ones that I'm eager to use...

Giligone -  I never would have guessed that about Nemonos :D  Thanks for the compliments!

Gaston - Cat, eh?  I don't think a city named "Tigger" would really fit in... doesn't have that backwoods ring.  I know about the cat on the arm, though, mine has gotten good at sleeping on the mouse cord in order to politely inform me that it's time for me to stop playing at start petting her.

patfirefghtr - thanks for the compliments.  I've enjoyed seeing your MD (I'm looking at working a few of your ideas into mine).  Thanks for stopping by.

Cali - Thank you!

Kwakelaar - Thank you!

dedgren - Bearclaw Pass is actually modeled after the upstate NY town of Saranac Lake, but I agree, it could be a near-copy of Idaho Springs

Nardo - Nardo/Bernhard!  How could I forget!  I was wondering how long it would take you to wander over this way.  Glad that you liked the railway, and glad to see you again.

rooker1 - Thanks for the comment!

jmyers - Thanks for the sharp eye... I didn't even think to put a church in Bearclaw, and that must have been the small nagging I had that something was missing.  Good spot on the Meadowshire Mod, too.  I had the original Cycledogg mod in, but switched to the Meadowshire because it looks a lot better at more elevations.

Ralph - Thanks!

emilin - as irony would have it, I'm actually one of those either/or types (my either/or is Rural).  I've had to work really hard at making urban areas look good... but then again there are some good examples to follow here at SC4D

Oh crud, I just noticed that I'm late for work (good thing I'm in charge...)

Hmm, looks like the pictures will have to get posted later tonight, but at least I'll give you a taste:

You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Darmok

Meinhosen, the "Bearclaw Pass" update is simply beautiful! the gradual zooming with the first four pictures is a well thought intro!
I notice that you're using the NAM railroad "long curves", could you tell me where in the menus do you find them??? I've reinstalled the New NAM twice, and still can't find them anywhere!!! I'd love to use 'em they look fantastic!
I also like very much the road layout, and the way it's looks just a bit "bumpy" like it is in those place in RL, IMO it's even harder to leave them with small, but credible, bumps than to terraform them flat. Good choice there.
First pic of Boseridge, it must have taken you forever to plop these PEG's stream tile and avoiding their straight edges... hat's off!

You always had the knack to make great train setup, and it still shows!

**back to lurking...**

Take care
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth