• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Ohhhh, I'm in love and now yearning to go skiing. ;)
Great work!!

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Earth quake

Outstanding work girafe.  &apls
This bat is just beautiful.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

Looks GREAT. Just one thing that jumps out...

On the entrance side (third picture) in I would say there is a shadow missing under the roof !?!

It looks like the roof stops at the wall, the roof should have an "overhang", go a bit further than the walls.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Girafe

thanks both  ::)

Corrected Arne  ;)

Small lots with few props due to the difficulty of finding props which fits to winter/summer seasons

sorry for size seems I'm a noob with codes  :-[

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

hkboondoggle

This is stunning Girafe, is this turning Simcity to Real Life? Amazing...
:thumbsup:

(Btw, may I know what kind of trees is shown in the pics? I find them match with the chalet very well actually.)

SimNation

All your HD bats always remind me about how we could have a brand new city building game without being in full 3d view mode yet have a fantastic looking game if everything was done in high quality. Nice Work on these new bats.

Girafe

Thank both  ;)

=> hkboondoggle answer is given in the follow text.

Nothing about chalet today but a small REVOLUTION !!!

Indeed as I started long time ago with snow items there was one big problem. Nobody was able to plop mayor mod items which were seasonal contrary to props on lots. Some months ago Dedgren began research in this field however he was no so active and could finished his amazing job (that you can follow in the 3RR topic).

Last few weeks a "genius" of reader was trying to understand how work terrain mods and option to switch them seasonal. He was successful and began new corollary research with mayor mod flora items.

Yesterday a new baby was born of the cooperation between modder and batter  :)

Lowkee and me are proud to announce that the first pack of mayor plop items with a system of stages is born. This pack is a pines pack with 3 mods:
- pines under 5 stages (like CPs pack) with a summer version ever green
- pines under 5 stages with ever snow covered version.
- pines which are seasonal (1st december to 1st april a snow version appears and the rest of the time summer version appears). The only condition of use is to plop the pines the 1st April. Otherwise the snow period will be put forward but stays for 4 months.

SOON TO THE LEX  and special thanks to Dedgren and Lowkee &apls &apls

This discovery opens a new area of seasonal items, indeed the game was only used with one season. Moreover we could mod again some former mayor mod items but create new ones. Especially which concerns weather effects, what do you think about a rain animation which could be plop in mayor mod and will appear some days for example  &idea (we need to continue the research in the modding aspect and in the bat aspect but perspectives are crazy :)).

As I promised, now we are sure that seasonal trees works I continue my job concerning the flora items especially trees. Lowkee will be glad to see birches in the game so let's start with them:

The Floraler

Lowkee33

~
QuoteLast few weeks a "genius" of reader

~More like a borderline plagiarizer (I'll say that first).  The credit mostly goes to Dedgren for figuring this stuff out.

Glad I could help.  And they look great btw.  The shadows in the picture had me worried at first, but this is something that effects all flora on slopes.  On flat land they are just right. :)

The birches look good too.  Yep, it's about to be a flora dream over here.

For the weather:

As far as I know these seasonal flora can only change on the fist of the month, so we can't have one day of rain.  They aught to work as timed props though.  I believe there is one like this already out there, but I think it modded the clouds to look like rain...?

The idea is great though, and you shouldn't have to stare at tress all of the time.  Best of luck.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

MattyFo

WOW!!!!  First of all, the chalet is impecable!!! &apls  Next, the trees are a breakthrough in Sim City technology :P  This is great.  Girafe, your skills on the BAT truly have to been seen to be believed!!  GREAT JOB!

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

dedgren

Please, LowKee and Girafe-

The credit is entirely well deserved by you two, and I appreciate the mention.  I simply assembled something that other folks had figured out.  You guys are creating incredible content- I was just a tinkerer.

These trees (and other stuff that I am sure is coming) will be an incredible addition to the game. K-points all around.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

mightygoose

nice work with HD technology, these look phenomenal.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Girafe

Thank you so much for your comments.  ;) and ty David  :)
Glad to see you here my rabbit  :P

Very quickly before going to work.

I made the 5 stages of mapples and mix them with pines like we can see in Canada.

However I haven't e real point of view about them above all concerning the "green" color which is much brighter than the pines but it's very different trees so I am asking you what do you think about this :

Max height about 25m (didn't want to go more maybe to just  &Thk/()
I reserved the greener textures for oaks and don't forget the birches but seems it wil be a nightmare with them due to their tiny leaves which don't fit well in the game  %wrd

I searched more pictures and it seems to be correct, Maybe Canadian people could provide pictures of the splendid autumn in their country.

I though about colors like this for the autumn season:

Stay one question about winter: shoud I do snowy mapples or only "dead trees without snow".
According to Lowkee we can only mod have 3 seasons (I skip spring season) so it's difficult to integrate both version.
The Floraler

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Lowkee33

Nice work there.

The heights look good to me.  My region is comparable with 3RR, and that is pretty much what a pine/maple forest looks like.  As long as there are pine models that are shorter and models that are taller then I am okay :).  The colors are good too.  Perhaps in real life they are closer together, but in-game I think it works.

If it is not too much to ask I would ask for two (or three) fall colors (orange, red, yellow).  I don't know how much work something like that would require.

I think bare trees are better than trees that have snow on them.  Yes, it does happen that snow is on a bare tree, but most of the time it melts off pretty quick.

As far as birches go.  No worries.  If a tree has a white trunk then that is close enough for me  ;)   

Girafe

Quote from: Lowkee33 on November 19, 2010, 05:21:15 AM
  Perhaps in real life they are closer together, but in-game I think it works.

I think it's ok i limited the square to 32x32  ;)

If it is not too much to ask I would ask for two (or three) fall colors (orange, red, yellow).  I don't know how much work something like that would require.

of course, more than 3 colors  ^^

I think bare trees are better than trees that have snow on them.  Yes, it does happen that snow is on a bare tree, but most of the time it melts off pretty quick.

I though about this too, and agree with you so it's ok.

Birches will come surely but I need to test lot of things so it will take time.

thanks Lowkee and mightygoose  ;)

I tried this kind of colors,

Forest with only mapples:

Forest with pines:

For me it's quite special, don't use to use colors like these one for my trees but why not  &Thk/(
The Floraler