• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_EEND

whoa, can't think of a better way to start 2011 &apls

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Ciuu96

Wow :o, that buildings is really an architectural wonder! Very nice work, one of the best buildings (MSU by Sam Johnson is another ;D) that I have seen in a while and definately the best skyscraper in a while!  :thumbsup:
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

xannepan

marsh

...Interesting design there... :P Looks really nice. Can't wait for it. :)

,marsh

mattb325

Totally unique, amazing design and, I must say, brilliantly executed :thumbsup:  :satisfied:

serebii666

The complexity of this skyscraper leaves me speechless! I cannot believe it! Happy New Year!
"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

MR.Y

hmmmm...I don't know this building, exist it in the RL? But looks great...

Badsim

Hello Antoine ,

I'm coming back to your thread to feed my addiction for your trees !!! ;D

Well , I read back comments about your birch trees ( here & at TSC ) and didn't find any bad or even lukewarm criticisms about them ( like you told me by PM ) and I don't have any either . Birch trees , like any species , have so many sub-species & varieties ( that's not the same thing ) that we could discuss endlessly about colors ranges of their trunks or leaves ... you have been absolutely successful to catch the essence of birch trees , so they're perfect . :thumbsup:

About autumn ... the same way we could discuss endlessly , adding to the sub-species & varieties parameters , their localization on Earth and specific weather conditions that year , or last year or ten years ago or like the grand-mother of my grand-mother told her ...  $%Grinno$% the only thing I would suggest you is to add with them a touch of yellow to match your Maples ...  ::)

About sweet chestnuts I have requested for Corsica ...  ;D Yes I remember how you have had difficulties with horse chestnuts , personally I found them lovely and convincing :

But at the same time , don't you like to surpass yourself everytime ? And , let me add a quite sadistic challenge ; more than any season I'll be particularly attentive to spring and their spectacular blossom ...  ;D something like that :

()lurker()

Yep , I know  ;D...  you may hate me , I don't care ; I'm  sure that Yann is going to love me . :P

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Girafe

I give you news, indeed the Girafe is very busy in its professionnal life and all was not working as I hoped   :(

Thanks to all for enthusiastic comments. The tower is far from the end. Last days I tried lot of parameters concerning the glass, and the problem is that I wasn't success to find something better than I showed you. Moreover I lost the material of the last preview so for time my aim is to recover something really near to what I showed you.

Mr Y: this building didn't win the competition for the slot in La Défense, so it went to abyssus...

Then I switched to 3dsmax 2011 x64, it's a calamity  &mmm (slow and minor bugs everywhere...) it doesn't help too to advance.

I wanted to finish the birches, so it's the autumn color, what do you thing? it is an unique color (birches are less colorful in autumn than maples).

As my Guinea fowl asked me, I worked again on chestnuts, a complex tree. I tried long time ago but was not successful with it. Second try now.

In this picture, you have the maples, Simfox's tree (don't remember the species) and 2 chestnuts a little bit different which one do you prefer?
One is brighter so fit better with maples at farest zooms but maybe it's less realistic. The second is darker and fits better with Simfox's tree but maybe too much at my taste (aim is too create a chestnut not to have same tree than Simfox).

Moreover I am asking about making stages system for chestnuts. Indeed these trees are often alone and they have a huge density of foliage. So I think to create a stage 5 with 4 chestnuts is useful. However I will do a second one higher and less spread than this one. A true chestnut that we all had in our School courtyard  ::)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Badsim

Hello , my dear egg head !  :P ( turkey's egg ?  &Thk/( )

About chestnuts , that one with no doubt ...

... because I find foliage more recognizable . Furthermore , it reminds me exactely one of those being in my small school courtyard !  ;D
And I remember that Brian's (C.P.) ones , despite they're SD , are showing a beautiful flowering at spring ...  ;D

Would have prefered something more yellow-ish for the birch trees ... but I'm not god himself , so the debat is still open ... ;D

Beautiful work nevertheless . Thank you . :thumbsup:

&apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Lowkee33

I agree with Cedric on all accounts. :)

There is more depth in the lighter Chestnut.  I feel like I could get into those branches.

Girafe

thanks for your comments  :)

Birches:

Something more yellow-ish like this could you fit?

Concerning the chestnut I follow you, I will do another model and we will see the possible combinaisons  ()stsfd()

Work about "old oaks" typical from mediterranean forest:

I continue to test things about rivers as asked by Cédric but noting good...

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Orange_o_

Quercus (oak) is the most beautiful tree which I saw on sc4  &apls

And the river  :wings:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

vnaoned

Personally I find the river very interesting. Keep going on this way...

And about the trees... well just perfect as usual!  &apls

Badsim

Antoine !

:o ... I know that , as BATer , you're particularly demanding with yourself ... but , as simple spectator and user of your work I can't moderate my enthusiasm .  $%Grinno$% Trees are ab.(solutely Fab.(ulous) , don't change anything . And , that water texture is maybe not proper in any case ( not for  lakes for example ...) but , more I look at it , more I find it definately very inspiring for a little deep river as I'm trying to reproduce one currently ... I want it ! We all need it ! Please , release it just like it is right now ... I can beg you more , if needed . ;D

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

Lilith

Badsim

Is Girafe an human ? ? ?  What a strange question , I know , but ...  &Thk/(

:-\

The reply may be more complex than you think :

« Walking Giraffes » by SimGoober ... ;D

Hope you like the idea ...  :D

Cédric.

noahclem

Wow, just phenomenal work with the trees!  &apls &apls  I don't even know where to start, it all looks amazing!

The water looks great as well. I can't wait to have a new photorealistic option for plopping. The textures seem a little gray to me, but that's just a matter of personal preference. The color isn't too far from the cal-canals though which might be handy. We have these beautifully dark blue lakes up here (when the snow isn't around at least) that would be amazing to see in simcity....

Quite the jump from trees to that tower! It's looking amazing though  :thumbsup:

Girafe

"The tranquil walk of a giraffe ... towards glory ." Cédric one day long time ago  :satisfied:

SimGoober is a crazy man like you  :P

Thanks to all for these enthusiastic comments Noahclem, David, Vincent, Cédric ( my galinace fan club  :D), Isabella :thumbsup:

It's time to release first packs after so long time, I think it's a question of days maybe hours  :D

Concerning the rivers, it was just a test but last night I found interesting parameters which I will check under the game  ::)

Noahclem: I will surely change the color, it was a basic one to manage how it worked  ;)
The Floraler