• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

POST HERE If you cannot access the LEX

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2007, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somenamehere123456

I'm trying to register an account on the LEX but it wont let me create an account and I've used several username/password/email combinations already.

Tarkus

Hi KlaasB and somenamehere123456, check your private messages--I've just sent you some details/instructions.

-Alex

mästarebygg

I am having the same problem with LEX as the recent posters, would appreciate if you could help me too :)

EvansRE4

im having trouble remembering my password as its been awhile since ive logged into my account and when i try to reset it i get the link but it doesnt work. if there is anything you can do to help it would be greatly appreciated

EvansRE4

Thank you so much now to get back to city building

Tarkus

Just a heads up . . . I've just been investigating the password reset issues, and have confirmed the feature is, at present, completely broken.

I am presently attempting to fix it (without much luck, so far), though in the meanwhile, if anyone is really in need of a reset, either drop me a DM on our Discord server, or a PM here on the forums, with your LEX username and the email address you used to register on the LEX.

You can also post here on the forums, providing your LEX username, though I don't recommend posting your email address here, not only for your privacy, but also so your email doesn't get picked up by the various spambots lurking about the internet.

I'll note that the registration/activation process is functioning properly, however.

-Alex

Tarkus

Hi again everyone-

After a couple hours of wrangling the whole password reset process, it appears I've fixed it all up now. 

If you've recently tried to do a password reset and had the issues with the link not showing up, or getting a blank page/error after trying to follow or copy-paste the link, I'd recommend trying to reset it again. 

Again, if you do still run into issues, a DM on our Discord, or a post or PM here on the forums are going to be the best ways to get things taken care of--usually within 48 hours at the most.  The webmaster email option is not reliable, and not recommended.

Thank you all for your patience! :thumbsup:

-Alex

kunikida

Hello
I tried to change my password, but unfortunately I did not get the e-mail, I also checked the spam box too.

Tarkus

Hi kunikida-

I just went looking for your account.  I discovered there is a kunikida account on the LEX, but it was registered 13 years ago, back in August 2008, was apparently never used to download anything, and the email address associated with it is quite different than what you registered to use here on the forums. 

The email you used to register here on the forums does not appear to have a LEX account associated with it, though I did find a very new account (registered within the past 3 days, and not activated) that seems to have your IP address, but unrelated email/username.

Unless there's another account than the ones I've found that has download history associated with it that you'd like to recover, I'd recommend instead just opening a new account, with the same email address as you used to register here on the forums.

-Alex

kunikida

Thank you a lot for quick reply!

Previously, I tried to create a account for this email but I got a message that "An account with this username and/or e-mail already exists."

I don't know why I only paid attention to the "e-mail" part and not to the username part. Especially since I was sure that I never created an account at this e-mail address

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry for the trouble.

NiceV

hi. am a new member and wanted to download some files. i find a hard time trying to register in LEX since my forum login is not accepted. any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Tarkus

Hi NiceV-

Welcome to SC4D!  I just checked the LEX database, and it looks like you do indeed already have an account registered, and it appears you've downloaded some files successfully already today, so I just wanted to make sure that everything is indeed already fixed on your end.

-Alex

ghorning

I have had an account on the LEX for years, for some reason it is not recognizing my password, and when I reset i never get an email. When I tried to create new profile, it said there was a profile with my email already.

Help.

Gil

Tarkus

Welcome back, ghorning!  Often, the password reset emails appear to go into the spam folder, but if it didn't end up there, looking at the creation date on your same name account (July 30, 2007), it's possible the email associated with it isn't one you still use or even have anymore.  There is indeed another account that appears to be yours under the same email you used to register here on the forums, which appears to have been registered in 2015, but hasn't been used.

Since it appears the ghorning account on the LEX is the one with the download history, and matches your forum account, I've manually reset your password (see PM), and also changed the email on it to match the one used for your forums account, so this shouldn't happen again if you ever need to reset it again.

-Alex

florent87

Hello!

I've been kept logged out of the LEX for a few weeks now - my ID/password is never accepted. I've reset my password a few times but even with the new provisional password I can't log in. Any help with getting this fixed will be greatly appreciated  ()stsfd()

Florent

Tarkus

Hi Florent-

It's possible it may be a cookie issue (make sure your browser is set to allow cookies from sc4devotion.com), a cache issue (make sure to clear it), or if you're using a script-blocker like NoScript, that you've allowed sc4devotion.com.  Just in case, I've manually reset your password, and sent the temp one to you via PM.

-Alex

snail

its been years since i was last on the lex and i dont remember my username nor password but says i have an account with my current email, i tried the reset password but haven't received a email yet

Tarkus

Hi snail-

It's not uncommon for the password reset emails to end up in the spam folder.  In any case, however, I've located the account on the LEX associated with the email you used to register here on the forums, and just did a manual reset.  The details should be in your PM box.

-Alex