• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

ah ok, I completly missed the point  :o
sorry, will try the latest

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

six9nc

OK i'm swingin for the fences this time.  I just uninstalled the old NAM and installed the new version.  I deleted the old nam folder and replaced it with the new one. Also ran the cleanitol file...one thing I didnt do is bulldoze all the old nam bridges in my cities. Will this cause my game to crash since I havent booted it up yet. One last thing i downloaded the nam essentials and rhw mods and I'm wondering if there is anything special I should do before installing. Its my first time really utilizing cleanitol and the nam essetials so I'm super nervous about how my gameplay might be affected by my lack of tech savy.
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

SC4BOY

It's been my experience that old NAM items do not cause crashes. They MAY however be "invisible".. you can't see them, but if you hover the bulldozer over them they "light up" for deletion. Delete anything that looks like it is "missing" and rebuild it. I have never had it cause a crash or other problem besides that.

Tarkus

Quote from: six9nc on December 21, 2009, 07:21:23 PM
OK i'm swingin for the fences this time.  I just uninstalled the old NAM and installed the new version.  I deleted the old nam folder and replaced it with the new one. Also ran the cleanitol file...one thing I didnt do is bulldoze all the old nam bridges in my cities. Will this cause my game to crash since I havent booted it up yet.

Your bridges should be fine if you move them back into the Additional Bridges folder.  Without it, you'll get the missing models that SC4BOY alluded to, and there can be some odd functional things that result, but it shouldn't crash your game.  Generally speaking, the "Additional Bridges" folder is the one "safe one" to save when upgrading to a new NAM release.  (The exception being fukuda's bridges off the STEX--they still include outdated bridge controller files from 2006.)

Quote from: six9nc on December 21, 2009, 07:21:23 PM
One last thing i downloaded the nam essentials and rhw mods and I'm wondering if there is anything special I should do before installing. Its my first time really utilizing cleanitol and the nam essetials so I'm super nervous about how my gameplay might be affected by my lack of tech savy.

There's not really anything you need to do special when installing the RHW--all you need is the NAM.  You don't need the NAM Essentials, either.  There's no harm in installing it, as it basically contains files you already got when you installed the most recent NAM, but there's also not much point in downloading it in most cases, either.

As far as Cleanitol goes, as long as you ran the Cleanitol before installing the new NAM, you should be alright.

Hope that helps!

-Alex

gabrielbyrnei

After formatting my computer and copying the plugins folder from the old installation to the new one, im only getting low capacity stations for RTMTV.  Biggest bus/subway station im getting has 14000 capacity. What could be causing the problem?
I already uninstalled and installed NAM and RTMTV stations all over again

PD: oh and there are no signs over the stations when i hover over them, where before there was. Also, the RTMTV information showing when i query the stations is not showing anymore either.

z

I would suggest reinstalling the RTMT V3.60 Add-On Pack and following the instructions in the Readme very carefully.  I think that this should fix your problem.

If you still can't resolve this, please continue this discussion in The RTMT V3 Support Thread, as this is a problem you are having with RTMT, and not a NAM problem.  Thanks!

six9nc

Ive built a RHW4 in a test city and noticed that my traffic is erratic.  Traffic seems to dirve on the wrong side of the highway for a RHD highway.  I used the starter pieces with the arrows that faced the right direction. However the traffic is in the right at times and then the reverse sometimes and then I zoom in traffic is using the highway like a avenue.  Ive read about the traffic sims and stuff but Im still confused about it. 

2. How do I build bridges(over water) with the rhw mod.  If you can guide me to a specific tutorial about my issues I can figure these things out.

3. I installed the june 09 NAM and I am wondering if I should remove some traffic sim files or what.  I did some reading and it seems that there different ones to use.  Or should I just stick with the recommended install.
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

Korot

I guess you mean that cars should drive on the right side of the road? The problem is that you installed the LHD patch, which assumes that your cars should drive on the left side of the road. Solution: reinstall the NAM, without selecting the LHD patch this time.
As to building bridges with the RHW: It should be mentioned in the read-me, though it should be as easy as dragging the RHW across the water. Please ensure that you have a 1 tile median though, as otherwise, the second bridge can't be build.

Regards,
Korot

badstrawberry

HELP ?!?!?

I'm having a problem with rail networks that run underneath HSR networks.  No rail traffic will pass under the HSR.

I've got the June 2009 version of NAM running, set to use the Z traffic.

You should be able to see in the pic below that I have rail lines running underneath the HSR line (the HSR line was put in first and the rail lines dragged underneath):

As you can see, the only rail traffic is that which runs on the rail line parallel to the HSR line but does not cross underneath it.

However, when I remove the HSR line above, traffic now flows on the rail lines where previously it didn't:

Can anyone explain why the rail traffic will not flow underneath the HSR line and suggest how I can solve this problem.

Apologies if I have not included enough details here - let me know if there is anything else you'd need to know before commenting.

cheers
Craig

Korot

You're English, so did you install the LHD patch?

Regards,
Korot

badstrawberry

Quote from: Korot on December 28, 2009, 09:47:55 AM
You're English, so did you install the LHD patch?

Regards,
Korot

Hi Korot

yes, I did use the LHD patch.

Korot

Right, then could you please give a close up of one of those intersections, using the drawpaths cheat?

Regards,
Korot

badstrawberry

Quote from: Korot on December 28, 2009, 10:01:15 AM
Right, then could you please give a close up of one of those intersections, using the drawpaths cheat?

Regards,
Korot

Thanks, had neve come across this cheat before, looks like it could be useful to someone:

Korot

Yes, it is indeed very useful for modders. You can turn of those lines by using hidepaths BTW.
What is clearly visible here is that there are no paths underneath the HSR at the crossing, on both the train crossing and the highway crossing. However, the HSR itself also has no paths, which indicates an installation problem. Try re-installing the HSR, and then see if there are paths underneath the HSR, as well as on the HSR itself.

Regards,
Korot

badstrawberry

Quote from: Korot on December 28, 2009, 10:25:39 AM
Yes, it is indeed very useful for modders. You can turn of those lines by using hidepaths BTW.
What is clearly visible here is that there are no paths underneath the HSR at the crossing, on both the train crossing and the highway crossing. However, the HSR itself also has no paths, which indicates an installation problem. Try re-installing the HSR, and then see if there are paths underneath the HSR, as well as on the HSR itself.

Regards,
Korot

OK - should I be using a seperate installer for the HSR stuff?  HSR was originally installed as part of the NAM June 2009 installer I used, and I followed that up by installing the NAM Essentials and HSR stations.

Korot

The HSR came with the NAM? Where do you get your NAM from?

The HSR is a separate part of the NAM, and thus comes in a separate download, which can be found here, on the LEX. [linkie] Run the installer in the download, and then shows us the crossing again, using the drawpaths cheat.

Regards,
Korot

badstrawberry

Quote from: Korot on December 28, 2009, 10:44:52 AM
The HSR came with the NAM? Where do you get your NAM from?

The HSR is a separate part of the NAM, and thus comes in a separate download, which can be found here, on the LEX. [linkie] Run the installer in the download, and then shows us the crossing again, using the drawpaths cheat.

Regards,
Korot

Yes, sorry, my mistake - forgive me, I was a little wasted at the time ;-) I did install HSR Project separately the first time round.  I am just going to reinstall it again now and try again.  cheers

badstrawberry

Hi Korot

OK, I reinstalled the HSR Project and the drawpaths showed a difference, in so far as the paths continued under the HSR for both RAIL and the HIGHWAY.

And best of all, this appears to have solved the problem overall - I let it run for a few months and saw lots of traffic running under the HSR lines, the way that they should.

Thanks again Korot - you're a star.

cheers
Craig

Korot

Quote from: Jonathan on December 28, 2009, 11:35:41 AM
The paths on HSR don't show up on draw paths, as the track is slightly above the paths, but they are there.

Right, but in badstrawberries picture, you can now see purple paths on the slope between HSR and GHSR, which wasn't on his previous picture.

Regards,
Korot