• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easttexasbill

Here's a doozy that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread. After downloading the NAM and some other GLR station files (I don't recall exactly which ones and in which order  &ops)...I have 3 lines in the transit menu that look like this:
PZ1x1_Grass_4ab05a13  $4,294,967,295

Has anyone seen this before or have any idea which file this may have been downloaded from?

Thanks,
Bill

jdenm8

Install those GLR stations one at a time. It's those causing them.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

wallasey

Quote from: z on September 03, 2010, 01:14:21 PM
Most definitely!  It's very important that you search for and remove any previous versions of the NAM from your Plugins folder.  Sometimes older versions are in DatPacked files; be sure you check there if you use DatPacker.  Also, if you've installed the CAM, be sure that the CAM traffic simulator doesn't exist in the z_CAM folder; if it does, you need to remove it.

Dreadfully sorry for not responding sooner!

Plugins folder only has the current NAM in it, along with the Euro textures/SAM (they wouldn't cause an issue) I will have to go and look again for DAT Packed folders. I did originally run the Cleanitall which came back with nothing. Don't use CAM, my building set comprises only of UK Bats/Mattb/ Plopables

Thanks for you help!

hazsmix

hi all
just wondering about something ive noticed in the tulep set with lhd.
when i try to place an avenuexroad t intersection, the lines are all on the wrong side, as if i have rhd version installed. however, if i rotate to the through crossing, the lines switch back to the correct side. is this because i have installed something incorrectly?

jdenm8

Sometimes they're like that. LHD visuals (and sometimes pathing) aren't exactly a priority for the NAM.
I have flipped a few of the intersection textures for the TuLEP and got them in-game, overriding the default RHD ones, so the oil drops conform to the pathing in the intersection, but I can look at this one for you too.

editfish

Whenever I place Rural Road pieces (Dirt, Gravel, etc), a segment of regular STREET is appended onto the end of it, which looks awkward.  I originally thought it was caused by Qurlix's Cul-de-Sac mod (http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=21363), but it continues to occur after I removed that particular plugin.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Editfish

Tarkus

That's because the Rural Road puzzle pieces do not override the Street network ends--they're actually intended as filler pieces for the Street Addon Mod, which does accomplish what you're describing.

-Alex

editfish

Quote from: Tarkus on September 11, 2010, 10:29:05 PM
That's because the Rural Road puzzle pieces do not override the Street network ends--they're actually intended as filler pieces for the Street Addon Mod, which does accomplish what you're describing.

-Alex

Hmm I downloaded that file but guess I did not install it.  I will give it a try.  Thank you!

Telomeras

Quote from: Biriali on May 11, 2010, 04:20:30 AM
I have this problem:

These are the five ElRail over pedestrian walkway puzzle pieces, that were included in the newest NAM.
Is it a problem with my installation or is it NAM?

Other than that the new NAM is quite amazing. Great job  :thumbsup:

Hi bladeberkman and Biriali,
I have figured out that plunderer's catenaries mod seems to be conflicting with the latest NAM ElRail pedmall puzzle pieces. I though
I might let you know just in case you are still unaware of it. Removing the mod from the plugins may serve temporary solution until plunderer decides to solve the issue, or you can use the Reader to fix the bug yourselves.   
Hope I could help, best luck.

ebina

Quote from: Telomeras on September 19, 2010, 04:26:42 AM
I have figured out that plunderer's catenaries mod seems to be conflicting with the latest NAM ElRail pedmall puzzle pieces.

I didn't expect that catenaries mod modifies S3Ds. I'll try creating a patch to resolve the issue since the cause of the compatibility issue is the changes I made to ped mall pieces.

ebina

Attached a compatibility patch for ELR Catenary Mod. Five ped mall pieces and three road pieces have been updated. Please test these pieces. The three road pieces are now compatible with replaceable sidewalk. Sidewalk texture modules are attached to this post.

The patch needs to be loaded after NAM_piece_re-mod.dat. Copy z_NAM_2010_Patch_for_ELR_Catenary_Mod.dat into folder where NAM_piece_re-mod.dat is located.

cogeo

Is it possible to fix this?

The building/lot is high wealth but the texture for the street end tile is low wealth. All other lots around (incl those looking like trees) are actually small parks, without wealth settings. The zones are low-density; for medium-density zones the problem does not occur. I don't know if this originates from Maxis or NAM, but it would be nice if it could be fixed.

jdenm8

I don't know if this is a NAM or Maxis pathing problem, but I was UDIing in one of my cities on some Maxis Highway then UDI stopped all of a sudden.

I turned on DrawPaths and found this strange pathing:

(click for larger PNG image)

It does break UDI and Automata.

Even if it is a Maxis problem, it'd be nice if the NAM could fix it.

Zafri17

Hey Peeps,

I'm having some problems with NAM .
Once i place the roads and intersections etc , The cars seems to be driving on the opposite lane, Despite the roads showing which way to go .
Is there anyway to fix this?

gecko001

I would think this is caused by left-hand/right-hand driving conflicts. I'm in the U.S., so I always like right-hand driving. In my NAM plugin folder, I have "NetworkAddonMod_Controller_RIGHT_HAND_VERSION.dat". For any additional transit-related plugins I've installed, I always make absolutely sure to enable the right-hand version. Which do you use, right or left hand driving? Did you recently install something which required choosing either left or right, and you chose the wrong version? Or a new plugin which included both left and right-hand files, and you did not delete the one you did not need?

Quote from: Zafri17 on October 03, 2010, 05:46:43 AM
Once i place the roads and intersections etc , The cars seems to be driving on the opposite lane, Despite the roads showing which way to go

patch_110

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but i have a problem in that i think i may have installed the rhd version of the game when it should of been the lhd version.I say this because my avenue turning lanes and all my traffic lights are on the wrong side of the road and i no i checked the lhd box on the nam installer. is there a way to switch without re-installing the game.
Thanks
Patch

jdenm8

Simply re-install the NAM with the correct driving side.
The NAM doesn't change any internal files in SC4, so a reinstall is not warranted under any circumstances.

Your traffic lights will be on the wrong side of the road. EA left the ability to have Automata drive on the left, but never left a facility to change the traffic lights to match and never did it in LHD versions (UK, Japan) either.

Someone here, J-Dub I think, has a link in his signature to a thread where you can download a T21 mod that changes most traffic lights (TuLEPs, the NWM and Avenue Turning Lanes are not covered as they're newer than the mod) to the correct driving side.

patch_110

Hi thanks for your reply i have tried your solution but my avenue turning lanes still show up on the wrong side of the network. Has really got me puzzled. Can you think of any other reason why this is happening?
Thanks
Patch

Moonraker0

I am having two problems that I thought were fixed a long time ago.  I have been getting this ever since the June 2009 NAM version.

The first problem:  Elevated rail W (3-way) switches have these weird segments of elevated rail track that end abruptly and shouldn't be there.

The second problem:  Elevated rail trains are able to go left at a Y switch where they should only be able to go right, and vice versa.

Andreas

Quote from: Moonraker0 on October 12, 2010, 04:14:31 PM
I am having two problems that I thought were fixed a long time ago.  I have been getting this ever since the June 2009 NAM version.

The first problem:  Elevated rail W (3-way) switches have these weird segments of elevated rail track that end abruptly and shouldn't be there.

The second problem:  Elevated rail trains are able to go left at a Y switch where they should only be able to go right, and vice versa.

I can confirm the problem, although I think this has been fixed a long time ago. Maybe the fix somehow didn't make it into the NAM?
Andreas