• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XL2007

Quote from: Kitsune on September 15, 2011, 04:14:16 PM
umm, I love the viaducts... but all of a sudden my euro textures dont work... are there an updated mod in the works?

I've been wondering the same thing, but I'm sure there are new euro textures coming down the pike.

IonCannon

Quote from: joshua43214 on September 15, 2011, 04:06:59 PM
Try using the DrawPaths code in the cheat box and make sure your round a bouts go in the correct direction.

Drawpaths are all fine, I've also done a bit of further testing into this problem and it doesn't seem to effect all roundabouts.

Roundabouts that are simply connected to avenues seem to work fine.
Roundabouts that are connected to avenues and one way roads seem to work fine.
Roundabouts connected to avenues and roads see a traffic reduction of between 85-95%. The roundabout which lost the most was connected to an avenue on it's W/E side and had a road connected to each corner.

Can anyone else see if they can reproduce this?

Wiimeiser

Avenue roundabouts don't have paths on sections where no avenue joins them. Corner sections always have paths though. That could be your problem. Though apart from a few quirks with FlexSPUI midsections (mostly ELRHW6C) and DRI I don't seem to have any other problems. Though there are no NMAVE-4 transitions...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

CahosRahneVeloza

I had to delete my post on the NAM Version 30 release discussion thread & post what I said on there here as this seems to be the proper place for it. So here goes....

I just read about this release from another SC4 Community site & just had to come on over & pay homage to you fantastic folks who worked on this most vital Mod for the game  &apls

Now I'd like to apologize because I just have to ask several stuff about some of my other plugins that interact with the NAM & I do hope you folks wouldn't mind as this thread was the first NAM version 30 discussion thread I've seen as of yet & if there is already a technical support thread on the subject, as I said I apologize.

Anyway, my first question has to do with the SAM. as Tarkus said on page 1, NAM 30 is still very much compatible with SAM. My question now is, seeing as I'd have to reinstall the SAM to accommodate with the newer NAM do I still need to plop the SAM-3 Rail textures patch .dat file into the SAM Folder or, can I be without it now?

Next question has something to do with the RTMT, I'm pretty sure the RTMT team will eventually follow suit & release a newer version of their wonderful content but until then, will the current build of the RTMT still function properly with NAM 30?

Next up, the El-Rail facelift & Moonlight san's El-Rail & Shinkansen Mods. Are these still compatible with NAM 30?

Next, those various Maxis highway asphalt texture mods, are they still also compatible with the newer NAM?

Next up, the Street tree mods by Jeronij &/or the SFBT Team & uroncha's Seasonal farm street tree mods, will they still work?

Then there's the USL (Unified Street Lights) mod?

Oh, how about the Tram stations mod by the SFBT Team? And their, SFBT tram in avenue roundabout flora mod?

And that's about it. Again I am sorry for asking such a long list of tech support stuff & thank you very much for this great mod  &apls

jdenm8

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 16, 2011, 01:04:41 AM
Though there are no NMAVE-4 transitions...
They're all implemented through DragTrans. Drag NMAVE-4 upto a road stub BUT DO NOT connect it. The connector will automatically draw (I did not said place, it does not place a puzzle piece) which can be connected if the NMAVE-4 needs to be extended.
A lot of the NWM networks have been updated with this functionality, check the readme for more information.

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on September 16, 2011, 04:10:54 AM
Anyway, my first question has to do with the SAM. as Tarkus said on page 1, NAM 30 is still very much compatible with SAM. My question now is, seeing as I'd have to reinstall the SAM to accommodate with the newer NAM do I still need to plop the SAM-3 Rail textures patch .dat file into the SAM Folder or, can I be without it now?
The SAM package itself has not been changed in any way, it's the underlying code contained in the NAM that the SAM relies on that's been changed. You do not need to reinstall the SAM at all.

Next question has something to do with the RTMT, I'm pretty sure the RTMT team will eventually follow suit & release a newer version of their wonderful content but until then, will the current build of the RTMT still function properly with NAM 30?
I see no reason why it wouldn't.

Next up, the El-Rail facelift & Moonlight san's El-Rail & Shinkansen Mods. Are these still compatible with NAM 30?
Aside from the former using some outdated textures in the El-Rail mod when considering RHW-2 and RHW-6S being made completely single-tile while these mods were made for the dual tile version and having no override support for the NWM (at all for the former, new networks for the latter), they'll work fine.

Next, those various Maxis highway asphalt texture mods, are they still also compatible with the newer NAM?
No reason for them not to be.

Next up, the Street tree mods by Jeronij &/or the SFBT Team & uroncha's Seasonal farm street tree mods, will they still work?
No reason for them not to.

Then there's the USL (Unified Street Lights) mod?
As above.

Oh, how about the Tram stations mod by the SFBT Team? And their, SFBT tram in avenue roundabout flora mod?
As above.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

IonCannon

Quote from: Wiimeiser on September 16, 2011, 01:04:41 AM
Avenue roundabouts don't have paths on sections where no avenue joins them. Corner sections always have paths though. That could be your problem. Though apart from a few quirks with FlexSPUI midsections (mostly ELRHW6C) and DRI I don't seem to have any other problems. Though there are no NMAVE-4 transitions...

They always join the corners, I have a few pictures to illustrate the problem.

This roundabout works fine, all the traffic that was using it before upgrading the NAM is still using it.

This is the volume of traffic that should be passing through this.

And this is what the roundabout interchange used to look like, you can see the reduction from 30k>3k. In terms of the feeder roads at the top of the roundabout those had traffic levels of 14k and 12k respectively, now they have 400 and 1000.

I hope someone can help.

jdenm8

IonCannon

At first yes, but then I changed back to my own simulator afterwards, hoping it would fix the problem. It's a modified version of the ultra base.

jdenm8

Well, the problem won't go away immediately. It can take upto an in-game decade to repair the damage caused by rapid change of traffic simulators, not to mention that a lot of sims probably found alternative routes.

CahosRahneVeloza

@jdenm8: Thank you very much for your input  &apls

You've cleared up a lot of my major concerns, very much appreciated. I'm now off to try out the new NAM, RHW & NWM :)

Reason for Edit: I left out the "j" in your username when I dragged & copy/pasted, sorry about that.

IonCannon

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 16, 2011, 05:33:41 AM
Well, the problem won't go away immediately. It can take upto an in-game decade to repair the damage caused by rapid change of traffic simulators, not to mention that a lot of sims probably found alternative routes.

Yes, thats why I let it run for 5 years, but I guess I'll try a decade and see if that helps. In 5 years the sims didn't find alternative routes, they simply stopped going to work and abandoned on mass - from 410k pop to 360k. This was despite the fact next door there was plentiful jobs, one factory in the high-tech cluster just on the other side of the roundabout had 1400 cars travelling to it before and then after it had 28. This number did not increase.

MandelSoft

Quote from: XL2007 on September 15, 2011, 08:07:15 PM
Quote from: Kitsune on September 15, 2011, 04:14:16 PM
umm, I love the viaducts... but all of a sudden my euro textures dont work... are there an updated mod in the works?

I've been wondering the same thing, but I'm sure there are new euro textures coming down the pike.
Well, on my end they don't work either. I still have to do something about that...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jdenm8

Hm... That'll be related to the new underpass functionality.

I think this is a problem caused by updating the Avenue Roundabouts with new functionality (that of having an underpass). Try re-plopping your existing roundabouts, or not demolishing the centre four tiles.

(By the way, the fountain's statue thingie runs parallel to the underpass)

Wiimeiser

Still happens even with the fountains. Judging by that screenshot it may be a LHD bug.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

IonCannon

I can confirm that, I should have checked the paths more thoroughly last night, I only checked the default roundabout.

This is what my roundabout looks like, same thing happened even if I kept the fountain. The paths which are cut off are in the path of the underpass.

EDIT: Had a hunch it was related to avenue placement, this is what happens if I connect avenues on the N/S sides.

wallasey

I am afraid to say that this was plopped after the new NAM was installed! Agreeing with Wiimeiser it must be a LHD Bug.

IonCannon

Actually the bog standard roundabout is missing paths as well, this is why I shouldn't test and check things at 5AM. Adding avenues sort of activates the paths, but if you delete the avenues the paths revert to being broken again.

jdenm8

Well that is weird... It didn't come up in my testing so... That's really weird as I do have an intersection like that, although the underpass goes the other way and it wasn't affected right up to RC2.

CahosRahneVeloza

Sorry to bother you folks again, as I hit a snag while still at the installation process, I'm using the installer for Windows by the way.

As I was scrolling down the various install options I noticed that the last part of the descriptions for the extended Draggable GLR is missing. The description got cut off after the word "requires". So my question now is, what is required for the Extended draggable GLR option to function?