• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: shinkansen1 on October 02, 2011, 01:00:38 AM
Quote from: Tarkus on October 02, 2011, 12:49:24 AM
If you're using the new GLR Drag Extension Plugin (which adds two additional GLR types with interchangeable base textures), it won't work with MIncroabl's mod.  In order for the interchangeable base texture functionality to work, the default pillar placing mechanism of the Elevated Rail network had to be disabled, with the pillars being converted to a Type21 Exemplar placement setup.  As some of the recent posts in this thread describe, there's still some wackiness with the Type21s due to the conflict with the Maxis trackside prop Type21s.

To the best of my knowledge, both the GLR Drag Extension and the El-Rail Facelift Mod alter the same Type21 Exemplars, and thus, conflict.  MIncroabl hasn't been seen in 3 1/2 years, so the likelihood of him updating the mod is virtually none.

-Alex
Thanks for clearing that up so quickly! :D I now know how I am going to fix this, thanks to your explanation. Draggable GLR would be nice, but currently I have not used it, so I'm going to stick with the ploppable GLR networks so I can keep the facelift mod working. Thank you all so much! :thumbsup:

Actually, the regular Draggable GLR (not the "Draggable GLR Extension") should be fine.  It's just the "Extension" bit that's likely the culprit. 

-Alex

mike3775

I got back into simcity again after a long time away(over 2 years according to the DVD of my plugins from both locations).  I did a fresh install of Simcity 4 on the PC I just bought, have not added in the plugins from that DVD at all, but installed nam30(with r132) and the network widening mod, but every time I go to try out the widening options, my PC completely locks up.  Is there something I am missing in the download?  I grabbed the links from this thread: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13731.0

Thanks for continuing to improve the game over the past few years as well, lots and lots of fun stuff added that I have missed

EDIT: nevermind, after looking around the net, I found out that simcity 4 doesn't work on multiple core PC's and even setting the game to only play on 1 core the game still locks up the PC, and running it in compatibility mode also does not work, forcing the user to have to turn it off and reboot.  Looks like the days of playing simcity are over officially, as there is no way I am going to hook up a crappier PC just to play one game.

jdenm8

A lot of people have got SC4 working on very recent machines and most of the complainers are very defeatist.

Try adding a few command line switches. I found that adding the switch "-EH:off" reduces the number of crashes significantly.
In addition, if you're running an nVidia graphics card, try running the game in Software rendering mode as their drivers have issues with DirectX 9.0c games.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Jayster

I have a quick question about the flex spui pieces.

What do you do in the event that when you try to drag the RHW between the two halves and it doesn't covert to flex spui, but just the normal RHW-2?

Jayster

jdenm8

You don't drag RHW-2 between the two halves. You drag Maxis Avenue.

mike3775

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 02, 2011, 04:24:12 PM
A lot of people have got SC4 working on very recent machines and most of the complainers are very defeatist.

Try adding a few command line switches. I found that adding the switch "-EH:off" reduces the number of crashes significantly.
In addition, if you're running an nVidia graphics card, try running the game in Software rendering mode as their drivers have issues with DirectX 9.0c games.

You are a godsend.  I had looked all over for fixes pretty much all day and the software fix was my solution(I thought I had swapped it over earlier).  I racked my brain for a couple days trying to get this game running on this system, and it would work for 5 minutes then lock up.  I will admit to being a defeatist  :) but thanks to you, I got my butt kicked but managed to bounce back. 

The funny thing is, this is the only game I have had issues with on this PC also.  Command and Conquer 1-3, Age of Empires, Star Trek all play fine in compatibility mode, yet SC4 I had to switch to software(I feel dumb lol) I owe you buddy  :thumbsup:

jdenm8

It's more of an issue with nVidia and their incomplete DirectX 9.0c compatibility.

Oddly enough, it only happens with newer cards, so it must be hardware-related, probably to do with the way certain cards interpret certain commands.
The issues were worse after 127.0 I think until they sort of repaired it (unknown version). The game was complately unplayable due to graphical errors. (images can be found on the Steam Forums if anyone is interested)

Jayster

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 02, 2011, 07:32:31 PM
You don't drag RHW-2 between the two halves. You drag Maxis Avenue.

Hmm that's Probably why it didn't work. Thanks for the quick response. I read the readme, I guess it didn't register as ave instead of RHW.

Jayster

jdnaylor32

@ Tarkus

Cheers for the update.

How do I know if I'm using the GLR Drag Extension Plugin? Is this part of the NAM? I don't think I've installed such a thing myself. Could something else be causing the conflict?

Is there someway I can deactivate it? I think I'd rather have pillars for my El than a choice of base textures for my GLR.

Cheers,

James 

Lot Creator

Hello, I have a tiny problem with the MAVE 7 in which the cars can't get to the building or workplace thorugh the MAVE 7. I have tried to fix it by making it the only road to get there, but it still does not work. Idk if this has somehtin to do with the patch for MAVE 6 not long ago or  something. I also noticed that the cars move from the center of the MAVE 7 to the outside and the instance is lost in there. I shall try to fix the MAVE 7 by using the 6 but I still want to point out this molesting problem.

Salutes,
Lot Creator

Tarkus

Quote from: jdnaylor32 on October 04, 2011, 03:37:43 AM
How do I know if I'm using the GLR Drag Extension Plugin? Is this part of the NAM? I don't think I've installed such a thing myself. Could something else be causing the conflict?

Is there someway I can deactivate it? I think I'd rather have pillars for my El than a choice of base textures for my GLR.

There will be an icon showing a red brick/sandstone GLR style on your Misc. Transit menu near the other GLR icons if you have the GLR Drag Extension installed.

Quote from: Lot Creator on October 04, 2011, 11:53:01 AM
Hello, I have a tiny problem with the MAVE 7 in which the cars can't get to the building or workplace thorugh the MAVE 7. I have tried to fix it by making it the only road to get there, but it still does not work. Idk if this has somehtin to do with the patch for MAVE 6 not long ago or  something. I also noticed that the cars move from the center of the MAVE 7 to the outside and the instance is lost in there.

There is no MAVE-7.  I'm not sure what network you're actually describing--are you meaning the TLA-7?  Some of what you're describing just sounds like the typical illogical behavior of the automata.  As the TLA-7 is not in anyway related to the MAVE-6 (other than being in the NWM and being Road-based) any issue that affects the MAVE-6 will not correlate to the TLA-7.

The actual commute traffic should be able to cross the median and access zones on the other side on the TLA-7 (but not the AVE-6) as demonstrated by the commute arrows.  The automata might be a different story.

-Alex

citybuilderx

Not sure if this has been asked. Is there any chance of getting left-hand drive traffic lights and signals with the new TuLEP interchanges? I noticed a thread about development on left-hand signals, but the thread died about two years ago  :(.  Thanks guys.
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

Tarkus

I've been doing some work with jondor's new S3D-based traffic signal props and some signal mast arms by Ryan B. . . . and at some point, I'm hoping to port those over for LHD usage.  But that's not a high-priority project at the moment--I don't know when it'll come to fruition.

-Alex

jdenm8

What Tarkus said pretty much summed up the sentiment regarding LHD T21s, it's too much work to be a high priority, especially when they work perfectly fine. I mean, the far left one works! [/sarcasm]

I would do them if I could, but no attempt I've made so far has worked. Jondor was kind enough to make LHD railroad crossings because he made a script that did the mirroring for him. Ebina started making an LHD conversion pack for the Maxis intersections and it had rather complete orthogonal functionality, but it was made well before TuLEPs were anywhere near finished and Ebina has no intention of releasing a finished product I think.

auandi@gmail.com

So first time posting, have to say I love all the work you NAM guys do, it's not even the same game anymore!

That said, I've been having some serious problems with the Flex-SPUI pieces you added. I have tried every thing I can think of but I can never get traffic to use it. I'm trying to build a sunken highway so I'm using the pieces as elevated flex-SPUIs. I have tried different widths, I always remember to place an avenue between each piece before elevating it, I have tried different numbers of TuLEP pieces on either end (of course using the on-slop transition piece to start) but no order of construction seems to let traffic recognize the path from one side of the freeway to the other. Is there some step I'm missing? I searched the forums and can't quite find an answer. Thanks again for all the work.

Nightrunner.1

ummm.... When i download the Sku1-5 updates manually the only thing that happens is the parking lots and small designs to my buildings  turn to grey and green spots. do you know what is the problem? must i download something after that? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

SIMpliCITY 4

Since installing the latest NAM, regions that were previously developed with water (Rivers, lakes etc..) have all dried up. It just looks like canyons. When trying to drag an avenue over the "canyon" it raises the land. Another issue I have been having that may be related is 6 lane RHW bridges not going over these canyon/rivers. Any help is appreciated.

j-dub

@all, Bare with me, I am no expert, but do not like to abandon those in need.

Auandi, I don't know what widths you speak of, but considering Flex-SPUI is new, I don't recall all widths being buildable. Considering the steps taken to construct Flex-SPUI; before going on, do you have pictures of what you were doing? I only recall there being one type of on-slope elevated turn lane transition for the Flex-SPUI.

Nightrunner, It sounds like your problem is your settings were toned down without your knowledge. This means your game could of had its graphics, city detail, and textures defaulted to the lowest settings, which in the end, overlay textures and certain props do not appear. That will cause what used to be a parking lot, to be a spot of green grass instead.

SIMpliCITY 4, the recent NAM added a file that did in fact do just that. I don't have the exact name, but it should be called something like zero sea level. It was the only way to enable the concept of dragable, diagonal bridges. I seriously am no expert at that, because I tend to build more flat out. Finding that file, and pulling it out temporarily should raise your water back to normal. You may want to consider keeping it in a safe place, when you do decide you want to return to building diagonal bridges though. I can only suspect there could be a conflict of file and another terrain file, but I can not verify the cause of the avenue raising the land.

Tarkus

It's the Diagonal Bridge Enabler.  The files in there are labeled explicitly as "Temporary Files" and should only be placed in your Plugins when you are building Diagonal Bridges.  The temporary files flatten all slopes and remove all water, as described (in detail) in the enclosed Readme documentation.

-Alex

jdenm8

Quote from: Nightrunner.1 on October 09, 2011, 05:34:58 PM
ummm.... When i download the Sku1-5 updates manually the only thing that happens is the parking lots and small designs to my buildings  turn to grey and green spots. do you know what is the problem? must i download something after that? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

You only need to download the SKU update applicable to your language. All of them do the same thing, but for different languages. You will then need to download the BAT update, available in the update section here.