• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auandi@gmail.com

I made an album of with screencaps (at http://imgur.com/a/b0rYz) of me trying to build the elevated Flex-SPUI like I was talking about. I have also repeated the process with just one tile between the Flex-SPUI pieces, no tiles between them and deleting the construction lots before or after I place the Avenue. Am I doing something wrong?

jdenm8

There could be a few things.

A. Your city doesn't have enough jobs. I noticed on the left side there are lots that can't find jobs which would be killing new development. Try zoning some commercial or industrial instead and observing traffic flow that way.

B. You could be using the SPAM's traffic mod. Even though it shouldn't be affecting the SPUI as I think the centre tiles are solely Avenue, it might still be inferfering.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

There's also scenario C: there is nothing wrong. Just wait a few in-game months, so the sims can find their way to work. This occurs quite often when you've placed new zones.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jdenm8

auandi@gmail.com

A) when I connect a road around the highway it develops near-instantly, doesn't matter what I zone there.

B)I'm not sure what mod that is, so unless it is included in something else it shouldn't be running.

C)I have waited over an in game year and a half. As soon as I rerout the road around the highway it shows a connection but the people would still rather take a super roundabout street than the direct avenue.

Maybe it's just a glitch.

Speaking of glitches though (I guess when it rains it pours) I built a 5-lane turning avenue earlier today and somehow that made my traffic switch sides to UK sides. All the textures still assume American style driving with all the left turn intersections but all the routs are on the wrong side. I deleted the 5-lane but it hasn't gone away. I don't get it I've been using NAM for years without problem and within a matter of days I run into two problems (not that I blame you guys).

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 09, 2011, 08:46:23 PM
A. Your city doesn't have enough jobs. I noticed on the left side there are lots that can't find jobs which would be killing new development. Try zoning some commercial or industrial instead and observing traffic flow that way.

B. You could be using the SPAM's traffic mod. Even though it shouldn't be affecting the SPUI as I think the centre tiles are solely Avenue, it might still be inferfering.

Quote from: mrtnrln on October 09, 2011, 11:38:34 PM
There's also scenario C: there is nothing wrong. Just wait a few in-game months, so the sims can find their way to work.

You guys are forgetting Scenario D: LHD/RHD conflicts.

Quote from: auandi@gmail.com on October 10, 2011, 12:17:47 AM
I built a 5-lane turning avenue earlier today and somehow that made my traffic switch sides to UK sides. All the textures still assume American style driving with all the left turn intersections but all the routs are on the wrong side.

I'm guessing you have the LHD plugin when you shouldn't; Do not use the LHD plugin unless you have an Left-Hand Drive game. It's easy to fix, though: Go to the NWM folder, locate the LHD plugin, and remove it. I might also recommend checking the RHW folder to see if you accidentally installed its LHD plugin; It could also be interfering with your SPUI. To be doubly-sure that things aren't going wrong, find the NAM file that starts with "NetworkAddonMod_Controller_". If it says "LEFT_HAND_VERSION", remove it and reinstall the NAM, making sure you select the right-hand version.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

auandi@gmail.com

OK, so I can't find any kind of left hand plugins. I uninstalled/re-installed NAM 30, RWH and NWM and made sure to select right hand but it's still insisting on left hand drive even in new cities. I can't understand it, it was Right hand just yesterday and I haven't installed anything new, it doesn't make a bit of sense.... ()sad()

Tarkus

Quote from: auandi@gmail.com on October 10, 2011, 02:37:14 AM
OK, so I can't find any kind of left hand plugins. I uninstalled/re-installed NAM 30, RWH and NWM and made sure to select right hand but it's still insisting on left hand drive even in new cities. I can't understand it, it was Right hand just yesterday and I haven't installed anything new, it doesn't make a bit of sense.... ()sad()

The NAM does not change drive side.  If you have a Left-Hand Drive game, installing the Right-Hand Drive NAM files will not make your game Right-Hand Drive (or vice-versa).  For instructions on doing that, see this thread (and the post I linked by RippleJet in particular, as it's the easiest way to accomplish a switch).

-Alex

Augmentationist

Does anyone by any chance know how to build an RHW-3 bridge, because I am clearly doing something wrong or this could be a glitch.

jondor

Quote from: Augmentationist on October 11, 2011, 07:12:12 PM
Does anyone by any chance know how to build an RHW-3 bridge, because I am clearly doing something wrong or this could be a glitch.

That's a RHW-6S not a RHW-3 and I don't believe there is a RHW-6S bridge quite yet.  Those are going to require either new or edited models unlike the RHW-4 bridge you have built which just required changing the road texture.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Augmentationist

Seriously everyone thanks for the patience, here is my latest problem,

This is my first interchange which took 2hours and 20 minutes (should have taken only an hour) to complete due to the unsuitable grade for construction glitch :angrymore:, is there any way to stop that glitch so that I can complete interchanges much quicker?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Augmentationist on October 15, 2011, 12:09:27 PM
is there any way to stop that glitch so that I can complete interchanges much quicker?

Flattening out the terrain beforehand is a recommended practice. That kind of problem usually occurs when you try to plop two adjacent pieces on uneven terrain.

Aside from that, that's a nice Trumpet. I would also recommend using the C2/E2 ramps when applicable; Their branches are already at 45-deg angles.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Augmentationist

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 15, 2011, 12:24:28 PM
That kind of problem usually occurs when you try to plop two adjacent pieces on uneven terrain.

The land appeared completely flat. Like in this case where I'm trying to build under a SPUI, but I can't because of the unsuitable grade for construction glitch.

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 15, 2011, 12:24:28 PMI would also recommend using the C2/E2 ramps when applicable; Their branches are already at 45-deg angles.

I tried that first, but when I would try to extend the road out of the C2/E3 ramps it would be a 2-way road instead of a 1-way 2 lane road (like here).

that's a nice Trumpet

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Augmentationist on October 15, 2011, 01:40:16 PM
I tried that first, but when I would try to extend the road out of the C2/E3 ramps it would be a 2-way road instead of a 1-way 2 lane road.

That's because there's no diagonal RHW-4 starter attached to the stubs. The intent of getting around that is to connect it with a stretch of diagonal RHW-4 or to use the RHW fillers.
<INACTIVE>
-----

MandelSoft

That kind of problem usually occurs when you try to plop two adjacent pieces on uneven terrain.

The land appeared completely flat. Like in this case where I'm trying to build under a SPUI, but I can't because of the unsuitable grade for construction glitch.
That's because the land may not be really completely flat. I see your terrain is a bit bumpy. Try to start with dragging the central RHW-4 through the interchange first and then build the ramps.

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 15, 2011, 12:24:28 PMI would also recommend using the C2/E2 ramps when applicable; Their branches are already at 45-deg angles.

I tried that first, but when I would try to extend the road out of the C2/E3 ramps it would be a 2-way road instead of a 1-way 2 lane road (like here).

They never had diagonal starters, I designed it that way (I believe the right diagonal starters weren't available at the moment). Often becaus it's often followed by a curve or another starter. You can use temporary starters (you can demolish them afterwards: I always do that) or use fillers.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jdenm8

Look at the two top RHW-4 to ERHW-4 transitions. They aren't the same shape, neither of them are flat.
The bottom two are ever so slightly different as well.

Jelif

I am currently translating the latest NAM into Chinese(both traditional and simplified). When I am testing my translation, I found some problems in the NAM.
I'm not sure if someone has already found these problems, but anyway, i ll show my discovery here.

a tile with missing texture....

a tile with missing path...

additional strange paths? but this works properly...

extra red cross...
NAM non-official Chinese version translator

jdenm8

Quote from: Jelif on October 15, 2011, 09:25:07 PM
a tile with missing texture....

That certainly is a strange intersection. :D
Not sure if it's supported or not.

a tile with missing path...
No idea why that doesn't have paths... Probably an oversight. A lot of NMAVE-4 ending at *blank* had missing of incorrect paths right upto the second last Release Candidate.

additional strange paths? but this works properly...
The additional paths are a holdover from RHW 4.1, back when there was road on that tile. There isn't now and it's easier to just leave the old paths rather than replace it with a placeholder file.

extra red cross...

Two extra stop points actually. Extra stop points on an intersection like that won't cause any issues.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 15, 2011, 10:27:55 PM
A lot of MAVE-4 ending at *blank* had missing of incorrect paths right upto the second last Release Candidate.

(Cough) NMAVE. (Cough)
<INACTIVE>
-----

j-dub

Quotea tile with missing texture....

That certainly is a strange intersection.
Not sure if it's supported or not.

I thought I saw something like that before. I may be wrong, but I thought it requires the diagonal road crossing the ending avenue to be completely straight across. Then again, the texture could be missing, but I thought that texture would be a sharp angled median, and maybe one signal on top of that.