• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

How can I get rid of the concrete sidewalk texture next to the diagonal 6C?

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: RickD on November 10, 2011, 01:27:08 PM

That would require wealthification textures.

You see, most of the transit tiles have textures for each zoom level and wealth level, and in the IID scheme, the wealth level is denoted by the seventh digit. (Example, 0x51000024 is the medium-wealth TLA-3 texture). 0x######0# is for unzoned (and commonly, high-density), and 0x######1# to 0x######3# are for low-wealth to high-wealth.

If there isn't any wealthification textures (and this is the case for several of the diagonal override networks such as the 6C), only the unzoned one (-##0#) will be used, which is why sidewalks will appear like that.

Post 500.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Original

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on November 10, 2011, 05:15:45 AM
@Original: You could use this:

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/23362-persistent-automata-mod/

But I'm not sure if it's still compatible with NAM 30 & it will contribute to resource hogging on your system.... as if having gigs upon gigs of plugins & a well developed city tile won't choke up your system already  ;D

Thanks, but this is pretty much a down grade from NAMs Automata!

Also GDO29Anagram

It seems like you have a lot of knowledge on this stuff... Can you help me with this?
Do you know what this does? And how I can alter this?

Thanks in advanced! (:

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Original on November 10, 2011, 03:24:16 PM
Also GDO29Anagram

It seems like you have a lot of knowledge on this stuff... Can you help me with this?

Thanks, but my knowledge of transit modding is limited to texture editing, path editing, RUL editing, and some type-21 exemplar editing. I know nothing about the automata plugins. Sorry.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

shinkansen1

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this, and I apologize again if the image sizes are too large. My main question is:

Does the NAM (or the game itself) have a limit on how many commuters it can "read" using a certain network?

My reason for asking this is as follows:

I have a highway bridge in Delanese that links heavy residential development on one side of a body of water with heavy commerce development on the other side of the water. When I queried the bridge, something did not seem right. So I queried the roads leading up to the bridge and what I found pretty much confirmed my suspicions. I have images to illustrate:

First, we have 19,681 cars coming inbound from the avenue on the left...

And then 59,452 cars inbound from the parallel one-way road. This combines to 79,133 cars.

The next inbound query shows another 9,548 cars joining in, making the total number 88,681 cars. I did not quesr the avenue near the bottom because that neighboring city has not yet been built.

And the last inbound route adds a massive 65,033 cars, making the total number of cars 153,714. However...

This is the only route where cars actually get off before the bridge. This reduces the number down to 136,062. This means that in theory, when querying the bridge itself, it should show that 136,062 cars are crossing the bridge. Unfortunately...

That's not the case. It's only showing less than half that number, and that is leading me to believe that either in the NAM (I have the highest transit capacity installed) or the game itself, there might be a limit to the game's ability to read the maximum number of commuters using a certain route. Is this true?

P.S.: I am fully aware that this does result in a nightmare bottleneck. But since a second bridge was never planned for, the city has uniquely diagonal coastal terrain, and it is extremely packed and developed, a second road bridge is currently not even being planned. $%Grinno$%

TEG24601

If I'm not mistaken shinkansen1, the 65535 is the maximum value that the data point can hold, which I believe is 16-bits in binary (ie, 2^16).

TEG

z

Quote from: TEG24601 on November 10, 2011, 11:32:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken shinkansen1, the 65535 is the maximum value that the data point can hold, which I believe is 16-bits in binary (ie, 2^16).

That's correct.  There can actually be more traffic than that, and the game keeps track of it properly, even in the Traffic Congestion Data View.  But there's a hard limit of 65,535 when viewing the volume of any network.

MandelSoft

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 10, 2011, 02:05:43 PM
Quote from: RickD on November 10, 2011, 01:27:08 PM

That would require wealthification textures.

You see, most of the transit tiles have textures for each zoom level and wealth level, and in the IID scheme, the wealth level is denoted by the seventh digit. (Example, 0x51000024 is the medium-wealth TLA-3 texture). 0x######0# is for unzoned (and commonly, high-density), and 0x######1# to 0x######3# are for low-wealth to high-wealth.

If there isn't any wealthification textures (and this is the case for several of the diagonal override networks such as the 6C), only the unzoned one (-##0#) will be used, which is why sidewalks will appear like that.

Post 500.
Fortunately, my Euro Textures for these pieces will be wealthified ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

jdenm8

Because you're missing the LHD Roundabout Patch which fixed this. It's a bug which only reared its head in the public build, I didn't notice it happening in any of the Alphas or RCs.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

jdenm8

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

Wiimeiser

The Slip Lane piece for T-ends has no LHD paths. Additionally, it doesn't briefly pause the game like other pieces missing paths, which shows there is definetly something completely abnormal. And those two Avenue/Highway ramp pieces are still missing paths.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

Quote from: Wiimeiser on November 26, 2011, 06:25:44 PM
The Slip Lane piece for T-ends has no LHD paths.
That's... weird. They should be flipped automatically as they're are nothing special.

Quote from: Wiimeiser on November 26, 2011, 06:25:44 PMAnd those two Avenue/Highway ramp pieces are still missing paths.
Because I haven't got around to fixing them.

roadgeek

Quote from: tulane633 on November 06, 2011, 07:33:05 AM
Hello just a quick message concerning RHW 30 - recently installled and going through the puzzle pieces and came across "Elevated RHW4 22m starter piece" and MIS elevated 22m" starter piece. IS there a way of going further? Wanted to use these pieces as they are higher than 15m but cannot seem to go any further than the puzzle piece Are you are to help? Suggestions please?

I saw the transition pieces myself. I didn't find any starter pieces though. I was puzzled at first until I figured out that it was only for the Double Decker >:( Oh what a tease! Maybe RHW31. Imagine ERHW over ERHW ::)

pokehoon

Avenue 5-way intersection ploblem.
Cars are disappear in this intersection.

jdenm8

The pathfinder cn find its way through the intersection fine. There is literally no way we can make the automata work properly however.
Don't worry, your sims are getting through, it's just the little decorative cars that aren't.

crotalusco

I am returning to the game and have just installed NAM 30 r132, essentials, wide roads and a few others. I have run across a few issues some of which i did fix, like no glr showing or stations.

However I am still running into issues with zones recognizing "trams in avenues as roads." I am assuming that this will be the same with tram in road as its an issue with the stations as well. Is there a fix i didnt find in this 119 page thread or is it un-fixable making these tiles useless? Any help would be apreciated

Wiimeiser

It's the fact that only El-Rail may have El-Rail paths lest they convert to something else, like how Monorail only permits monorail paths and rail allows car paths.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...