• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Sounds like an install error with some sort of conflicting, out dated file type. However, unless I am looking in your system like one of those over expenssive geek squad dudes then, I can't catch the culprit. If there is confliction in the NAM install folders, that will do it.

Grneyes

Quote from: j-dub on January 12, 2012, 10:51:06 AM
Sounds like an install error with some sort of conflicting, out dated file type. However, unless I am looking in your system like one of those over expenssive geek squad dudes then, I can't catch the culprit. If there is confliction in the NAM install folders, that will do it.
What if I just install a slope mod? Also, off topic, but isn't there a program that will tell me if I have multiples of plugins? I thought there was one, but I might be wrong.

Jaris

@Grneyes
Sounds to me like you might have the Diagonal Brige Enabler in your files..?
It is part of the NAM (though downloaded seperately) and should only be in your plugins folder, in the case you want to build a diagonal bridge.
So check your plugins for a folder called "~Diagonal Bridge Enabler (Temporary Files)", and remove it.
hope this helps

-Jaris

Treason3

Hi guys. First let me say thanks for all you do, the content you guys provide is awesome. But I'm having trouble getting yo the part where I can enjoy it. My problem is one that is probably already in this thread somewhere and I've missed it so I apologize. I cant get the additional bridges to work.  &mmm a few of Jeronji's bridges do show but not of the rest. In particular the JENXbridges recently uploaded. I've reinstalled the NAM twice, installed the essentials file again (though I know it was already included), I've changed the order in which I install then as well. Their files all show in my plugins folder. I even moved a copy of the entire NAM file from the MY DOCUMENTS PLUGINS to the PROGRAM FILES PLUGINS as well. Any further instructions of ideas would be helpful and much appreciated.

Tarkus

If you have an old copy of one of fukuda's bridges from 2006 off the STEX, they include outdated bridge controller files that do not include definitions for any newer bridges, and will block anything newer than 2006-early 2007 from working in game (which is basically everything except fukuda's and some of jeronij's early bridges).  It's also possible that if you downloaded the jeronij bridges long enough ago, you might have picked up an old bridge controller then as well.

You'll need to find and remove the conflicting, outdated bridge controller file in your plugins.

-Alex

Grneyes

Quote from: Jaris on January 12, 2012, 11:14:59 AM
@Grneyes
Sounds to me like you might have the Diagonal Brige Enabler in your files..?
It is part of the NAM (though downloaded seperately) and should only be in your plugins folder, in the case you want to build a diagonal bridge.
So check your plugins for a folder called "~Diagonal Bridge Enabler (Temporary Files)", and remove it.
hope this helps

-Jaris

I looked for this and didn't find it. I will just deal with the issues. Thank you for the help!

riponite

This may have been addressed in the past, but I haven't found it yet.  I'm sorry for any duplication.  Anyway I can't seem to get my RHW 4 overpass to work over a TLA 7.  The RHW traffic takes the exit to bypass of the overpass.  Everything looks fine to me, but I must have done something wrong.  BTW, traffic does go under the overpass just fine.  Any thoughts?
Riponite (Carl)

riponite

Update:  I converted to an AVE6 under my RHW overpass and it works like a charm.    :thumbsup:

diamonddog_74

I'm trying to build diagonal rail bridges using the new Diagonal Bridge Enabler plugin. But they keep coming up like this after I remove the plugin to resume the game normally:

I'm following the instructions in the illustrated ReadMe, but somehow I can't seem to get the pieces to align with the level of the rail. Any suggestions?

kassarc16

Quote from: diamonddog_74 on January 22, 2012, 11:53:00 AM
I'm trying to build diagonal rail bridges using the new Diagonal Bridge Enabler plugin. But they keep coming up like this after I remove the plugin to resume the game normally:
I'm following the instructions in the illustrated ReadMe, but somehow I can't seem to get the pieces to align with the level of the rail. Any suggestions?

It looks like you've used the Viaduct rail bridge, which is meant for the Elevated Heavy Rail.

diamonddog_74

CJ55

what's wrong with my RHW-4 to -6 transitions and some RHW ramps that not match with the default texture??

----

----

----

How I can fix?

jdenm8

Go to your Network Addon Mod folder (MyDocs/Simcity 4/Plugins/Network Addon Mod)
Delete the "Rural Highway Mod" folder.

EDIT: Nope, sorry, that looks like RHW 4.0 there.

Check to make sure you haven't DatPacked the NAM. Doing that, and making the DatPacked file load after an unpacked NAM, will result in errors like this.
Either way, it's clear that RHW 5.0 has not overwritten RHW 4.0/4.1 on your machine.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

CJ55

Quote from: jdenm8 on January 26, 2012, 06:12:07 AM
Go to your Network Addon Mod folder (MyDocs/Simcity 4/Plugins/Network Addon Mod)
Delete the "Rural Highway Mod" folder.

EDIT: Nope, sorry, that looks like RHW 4.0 there.

Check to make sure you haven't DatPacked the NAM. Doing that, and making the DatPacked file load after an unpacked NAM, will result in errors like this.
Either way, it's clear that RHW 5.0 has not overwritten RHW 4.0/4.1 on your machine.

Ok already i can fix that, after uninstalling and reinstalling the RHW 5.0 Mod i could see the correct textures, apparently the problem was in the Legacy Support 1.3
thanx for you help @jdenm8  :thumbsup:

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

jdenm8

Another new Tram Puzzle Piece without LHD paths...

I'll see about making some LHD paths for it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Lowkee33

Quick question about path finding.  Does it take less game days to calculate if the game is on turtle rather than cheetah?  Related to that, if the finding starts, is it continued while on pause?

z

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 03, 2012, 05:36:17 AM
Quick question about path finding.  Does it take less game days to calculate if the game is on turtle rather than cheetah?  Related to that, if the finding starts, is it continued while on pause?

I would think that the answer to both questions is "yes," though I'm less sure about the answer to the second question.  The easiest way to find out for sure is to put the game on pause when it's doing the path finding calculations, then display the Traffic Volume Data View.  It should eventually change if the calculations are still going.

lrb

I didn't know where to post this, it's transit related so I'll post it here:
When I'm in UDI mode, I normally free-drive instead of being snapped-to-road. Though, when I turn corners in free-drive mode, I usually cannot make it around the corner without going on the sidewalk. Is there a way to change the turning radius so I can make it without going on the sidewalk?  ()what() I don't want to have to use the snap-to-road option.

-lrb
Simtropolis: lrb2_
Steam       : lrb2_