• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: WolfGuy100 on June 06, 2013, 12:37:06 PM
PS: I hate this stupid letter image thing before posting, had a hard time posting this due to the difficulties to read the letters in verification thing.

Unfortunately, we got bombarded really hard by spammers a couple years ago, and had to "Fort Knox" up a few things on registration and initial posts.  It had gotten to the point where all that the Admins were doing was constantly banning spammers (usually 30+ accounts per day), trying to block them before they could post.

-Alex

Nosimx

I just tried to install the new NAM 31.2. The installer complains about a missing patch (Rush Hour), but that is nonsense. What is going wrong? Does the installer not find the exe? Or does the installer not like the 1.1.638 no-cd patch exe I am using?

I probably don't even need the patch. (wine 1.5.9-unstable, 3.9-1-amd64 GNU/Linux)

z

If the installer complains about a missing patch, it has found the executable and verified that the version number begins "1.1." (which means the file is Rush Hour or Deluxe), but the number following the second dot is less than 638.  What's the version number of the executable, and what's the installer's error message?

Nosimx

Okay, thanks.

I spare any comment on vendor policies with regard to the time I bought sc4.

I finally believed the Installer that I was not at patch level 638 (or 640) and installed the patches.

And as mentioned before, wine has no CTD issues.

Solved and closed. (I am open to PM, Ms. BarbyW).

Moonraker0

Would this be this bug?  Reading that description, it sounds like a different issue to me; that was the closest thing I could find to it, though.  Not sure if it's an issue with the el-rail replacement or what; I just installed that replacement mod as of version 31.2.

Edit:  Also, I'm not sure why the fences under the elevated rail are missing on some tiles, usually until I click on them a few times.

Geometry123

Quote from: Moonraker0 on June 07, 2013, 07:52:35 AM

Would this be this bug?  Reading that description, it sounds like a different issue to me; that was the closest thing I could find to it, though.  Not sure if it's an issue with the el-rail replacement or what; I just installed that replacement mod as of version 31.2.

Edit:  Also, I'm not sure why the fences under the elevated rail are missing on some tiles, usually until I click on them a few times.
Did you try redragging it or clicking on it? That will solve almost 90% of override issues.
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Moonraker0

Yes, I redragged and clicked a lot to try and get this one to work; if I click more, it just gets worse...the messed-up inner tiles will stretch for a longer distance.  The "best" I could get with clicking was having RHW-4 under the overpass instead of the inner tile that's messed up right now.

WolfGuy100

Quote from: WolfGuy100 on June 04, 2013, 07:44:02 PM
Found a new problem.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
When I was cycling to a correct ramp, the entry ramp look SO messed up.

Hello, guys. Remember this problem I had? Bad news...while I was cycling through ramps, I noticed I still have this messed up ramp. What did I do wrong? D: I put the patches in NAM folder inside the plugin folder and this still show up

Geometry123

Quote from: WolfGuy100 on June 08, 2013, 06:54:50 AM
Quote from: WolfGuy100 on June 04, 2013, 07:44:02 PM
Found a new problem.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
When I was cycling to a correct ramp, the entry ramp look SO messed up.

Hello, guys. Remember this problem I had? Bad news...while I was cycling through ramps, I noticed I still have this messed up ramp. What did I do wrong? D: I put the patches in NAM folder inside the plugin folder and this still show up
Actually, it should go through this directory: Plugins/z__NAM/Euro Cosmetic Re-Texture Mod/RHW/6_Ireland+SouthAfrica_Optional.
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

TJ1

Ive never had this issue ""ever"" with any previous versions of the Nam, and I download this so called sku 1 update and it refuses to work/install correctly at all, and the nam installer closes and I cant ply with the new Nam, Help and Fix please..

MandelSoft

Have you checked if SimCity4.exe is actually updated? Can you check the version number of the EXE? Illegal versions of SimCity 4 don't update properly...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

z

Quote from: TJ1 on June 08, 2013, 09:26:15 AM
Ive never had this issue ""ever"" with any previous versions of the Nam, and I download this so called sku 1 update and it refuses to work/install correctly at all, and the nam installer closes and I cant ply with the new Nam, Help and Fix please..

Have you tried installing the patch as an administrator?  If that doesn't work, what error do you get?

The patch really is essential for proper operation of the NAM (and the game as a whole); this is just the first time we've checked for it.

TJ1

Quote from: MandelSoft on June 08, 2013, 11:15:10 AM
Have you checked if SimCity4.exe is actually updated? Can you check the version number of the EXE? Illegal versions of SimCity 4 don't update properly...
Quote from: z on June 08, 2013, 12:32:54 PM
Quote from: TJ1 on June 08, 2013, 09:26:15 AM

Have you tried installing the patch as an administrator?  If that doesn't work, what error do you get?

The patch really is essential for proper operation of the NAM (and the game as a whole); this is just the first time we've checked for it.
Its Version 1.1.610.0 and this is the error

z

Well, you definitely need the patch installed, as you're running the unpatched version.  The error you got typically occurs if you just copied the game files over without doing a standard installation.  You should reinstall SC4, and then you'll be fine.  I'd suggest making a copy of your current SC4 game folder and subfolders first, so that you won't lose any custom content or Maxis programs (such as the Lot Editor) when you reinstall.

TJ1

I only have the second CD and the first one was destroyed and key for installation is lost anyway.

Indiana Joe

You have a faulty installation; if you don't have some way to re-install the game, I'm afraid you have to buy it again.

(Keep in mind that illegally obtained versions of the game will not work properly with updates and mods)

It's not to hard to find it for cheap now anyway.

jmdude1

yeh.... this was a problem for me too. when I moved countries I brought my disks, but my cd cases with the keys are in storage. so when I got my new computer I just copied all my game files. therefore I was unable to install anything for the new NAM.  unfortunately, this meant I had to buy a new game to use the new NAM. fortunately, it was easy enough (in my situation) to get it from steam.

just curious, what changed in the NAM update to make these patches a requirement?

dragonshardz

Quote from: jmdude1 on June 08, 2013, 10:50:44 PM
yeh.... this was a problem for me too. when I moved countries I brought my disks, but my cd cases with the keys are in storage. so when I got my new computer I just copied all my game files. therefore I was unable to install anything for the new NAM.  unfortunately, this meant I had to buy a new game to use the new NAM. fortunately, it was easy enough (in my situation) to get it from steam.

just curious, what changed in the NAM update to make these patches a requirement?

They've always been required to use any custom content properly, this is just the first time the NAM has checked for the right version.

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

MandelSoft

OK, now I've completely lost the logic of the LHD support for that piece! It just doesn't want to get right...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE