• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Actually, if you plop the Puzzle Pieces first I believe it refuses to place the lot.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

fefenc

Quote from: z on July 03, 2013, 01:13:43 PM
Quote from: fefenc on July 03, 2013, 10:58:45 AM
The "GLR tram in avenue to subway" is Crashing the game when it's linked with some GLR puzzle pieces, I tried to use the draggable GLR, it's working, but after when I plop a GLR puzzle piece for + intersection, it causes a CTD.

Could you please post a picture of your setup, indicating where the puzzle piece causes a CTD?  Also does this happen when you don't use draggable GLR - when you use strictly puzzle pieces?

Sam, could you please do the same for your setup?

Here is the screenshots, "z" is saying that if we plop the other puzzle pieces first, there will be no problem. I'll test this here later, but now I'll put the screenshots here :)

I could drag the GLR on AVE to any distance on the tile, but if I link the Glr on Ave to Sub with a puzzle piece, I'll get a CTD.

Tunununu...

After this SS, I zoomed out and moved the camera and I got a CTD (I always choose only 1 core in task manager before choose a tile.)

(I'm Sorry for my HUE bad english)

z

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 03, 2013, 06:39:54 PM
Actually, if you plop the Puzzle Pieces first I believe it refuses to place the lot.

I tried plopping puzzle pieces at either end of where the lot would go, and I was able to place the lot between them with no problem.

samerton

Quote from: z on July 03, 2013, 07:58:51 PM
I tried plopping puzzle pieces at either end of where the lot would go, and I was able to place the lot between them with no problem.

Yup, that works fine :)

Silverwarp

I'm trying to figure out why my sims aren't using the the Tram to Subway transition.  I have both transitions linked by subway and saved it and reloaded, but it seems the sims get off and take the bus instead of continuing on the tram/subway down the hill.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

I'm using the SBFT Tram to Subway transition and the Tram in Avenue/URail Transition.

Kergelen

You're using two pieces that works differently.

The problem is that the Tram in Avenue/URail Transition need to be linked with FLUPs and not with subway. If you want to use SBFT Tram to Subway you need to put this piece in both sides of the subway

Links to SC4 websites

Wiimeiser

A situation like this calls for a FLUPS-to-Subway lot I guess...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

samerton

Quote from: Silverwarp on July 06, 2013, 12:32:45 AM
I'm using the SBFT Tram to Subway transition and the Tram in Avenue/URail Transition.

I believe you are using the correct pieces, the Tram in Avenue/URail transition also works for subway. Have you dragged Elevated Rail through the SBFT Tram to Subway transition first?

WolfGuy100

I got another problem regarding NAM 31.2. Since I never tried canal mod, I figured that I could try it out. But just as I plopped a canal, boom, crash to desktop. :C

Silverwarp

Quote from: samerton on July 06, 2013, 03:43:54 AM
I believe you are using the correct pieces, the Tram in Avenue/URail transition also works for subway. Have you dragged Elevated Rail through the SBFT Tram to Subway transition first?

I had not before, but I did now and it still didn't work, not even after I saved it and reloaded it.  I suppose I should also mention that before I use the SBFT piece, I originally used the Tram in Road/URail transition to the Tram in Avenue/URail transition in the picture because that initially worked before.  But, after I installed NAM 31.2, it didn't work anymore.

z

Quote from: Silverwarp on July 07, 2013, 02:04:23 AM
suppose I should also mention that before I use the SBFT piece, I originally used the Tram in Road/URail transition to the Tram in Avenue/URail transition in the picture because that initially worked before.  But, after I installed NAM 31.2, it didn't work anymore.

Did it work for you in any version of NAM 31?  For NAM 31, where it was first included, this transition was changed from the way the RTMT transition worked, solely to fix bugs that had been detected.  Although your setup should work, here's some advice that will be printed in the next edition of the documentation:

QuoteWhen constructing the Tram-in-Avenue to Subway transition, the subway portion must be constructed in a very specific way in order for the transition to work properly for both morning and evening commutes.

Here is a picture of the subway view of the transition:

Note that the main subway tunnel must emerge from the side of the avenue transition that is under the incoming traffic.  For most countries, where people drive on the right side of the road, the subway tunnel must emerge from the left side, while for countries like the U.K. and Japan, where people drive on the left side of the road, the subway tunnel must emerge from the right side.

Each square on both sides of the transition needs to be joined to the other side with a cross tunnel.  You can see this in the first and third squares of the picture; the second cross tunnel is hidden from view.

For avenues, you can have subway tunnels emerging from both sides of the transition, but they will have to connect at some point if you want traffic to flow properly.

This method of construction is necessary to make the evening commute work properly.  The morning commute is much less picky about construction methods, but if you don't follow the methods described above, you will get little or no traffic on your subway line during the evening commute

Silverwarp

Quote from: z on July 07, 2013, 02:50:21 AM

Did it work for you in any version of NAM 31?  For NAM 31, where it was first included, this transition was changed from the way the RTMT transition worked, solely to fix bugs that had been detected.  Although your setup should work, here's some advice that will be printed in the next edition of the documentation:

QuoteWhen constructing the Tram-in-Avenue to Subway transition, the subway portion must be constructed in a very specific way in order for the transition to work properly for both morning and evening commutes.

Here is a picture of the subway view of the transition:

Note that the main subway tunnel must emerge from the side of the avenue transition that is under the incoming traffic.  For most countries, where people drive on the right side of the road, the subway tunnel must emerge from the left side, while for countries like the U.K. and Japan, where people drive on the left side of the road, the subway tunnel must emerge from the right side.

Each square on both sides of the transition needs to be joined to the other side with a cross tunnel.  You can see this in the first and third squares of the picture; the second cross tunnel is hidden from view.

For avenues, you can have subway tunnels emerging from both sides of the transition, but they will have to connect at some point if you want traffic to flow properly.

This method of construction is necessary to make the evening commute work properly.  The morning commute is much less picky about construction methods, but if you don't follow the methods described above, you will get little or no traffic on your subway line during the evening commute

I went from NAM 30 to 31.2, so I had not tried it in 31 or 31.1. But, your solution worked Z.  Thank you.

medit84truth

I can not seem to get the Diagonal Bridge Enabler to work. I put the two files in my Plugins folder but when I open a city tile the water is still there. Could there be a mod in conflict with the DBE?

medit84truth

Never mind, I got it to work. I downloaded the DBE DLL toggler. I didn't think that was a requirement though.

JIYIN

*** I know this had been reported before, & I'm truly sorry for asking again, BUT I've been spending 2 hours flipping through the forum yet failed to find that previous post ***

may I know what's the fix for missing texture of FLUPs side texture?  &ops

woodnava

please help me!
what wrong! for me
i lack any? and i can fix anything

noahclem

Your networks are deconverting to regular roads because NWM diagonal intersections are not supported for those networks yet. It is a functionality that may be added at a later date.

woodnava

noahclem

No problem  :thumbsup:

I have no idea when that kind of functionality would be added but I think it's toward the top of the priority list for NWM. In the mean time you can work around some of it by using two parallel OWR-3s. The NWM single-tile networks are already quite good with diagonal connectivity.

JIYIN

Quote from: JIYIN on July 18, 2013, 10:09:01 PM
*** I know this had been reported before, & I'm truly sorry for asking again, BUT I've been spending 2 hours flipping through the forum yet failed to find that previous post ***

may I know what's the fix for missing texture of FLUPs side texture?  &ops

sorry, may i get any help here?

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1444.0;attach=9976;image

EDIT: Problem solved. Missing texture is from the Ped Malls which I didn't install in custom installation.